New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 272135)

AC/DC will not turn on!

By pokerag2

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Gunnut40
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 months ago

My AC/DC premium vault just started not turning on. Once the switch is turned on the backbox fluorescent tube comes on (the one that lights up the translite) and the LEDs behind the rectangular plastic on the right side of the game about 2/3 of the way toward the back come on. That is it. This seems intermittent as this happens about 50% of the time. It just started Saturday. Sometimes the game will boot up like nothing is wrong. I checked all the fuses and they are fine. Any thoughts? Thanks

#2 4 months ago

Free bump and it may be helpful to provide what boardset this game uses; e.g. Spike, SAM or ?

I heard they used both depending on the run (e.g. original vs reruns vs. vault); I am assuming this is a Spike game based on the description, but if you are asking for help try not to make people assume

#3 4 months ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Free bump and it may be helpful to provide what boardset this game uses; e.g. Spike, SAM or ?
    I heard they used both depending on the run (e.g. original vs reruns vs. vault); I am assuming this is a Spike game based on the description, but if you are asking for help try not to make people assume

All ACDC machines are SAM even the vault. I'd check all your backbox connectors and make sure that nothing is coming loose.

#4 4 months ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

All ACDC machines are SAM even the vault. I'd check all your backbox connectors and make sure that nothing is coming loose.

Ditto what he said.

#5 4 months ago

Cool; I remember some ACDC's being seen with possibly Proto Spike boards years ago; I had ASSumed if they did that reissues would be spike

#6 4 months ago

It's a SAM operating system. I was unaware there might be 2 OS for this game. I'll check the connections. I have not done that. Thanks.

#7 4 months ago

Also post a picture of the driver board with the coin door closed. For every fuse, there should be a lit LED beside each one. I suspect a blown fuse.

#8 4 months ago

Ok, the connectors all seemed to be plugged in.
    I checked the LEDs on the fuses and F1-F4 LEDs are not coming on. All other fuse LEDs are coming on. Also there are indicator LEDs for the 50V, 20V, 12V and 5V. The 50, 20 and 12 are coming on but the 5V just goes on and off in unison with the LEDs under the one rectangular flame playfield plastic.

#9 4 months ago

Time to test the fuses for the voltages that are not lit. Again, make sure the coin door is closed. An open door will disable the 50v coil and 20 flasher voltages.

For the 5v, I think you need to measure that voltage with a meter. Sounds like the 5 volts is low.

#10 4 months ago

Ok figured it out. Pinched a wire in the lockdown bar clamps. Weird but the LEDs adjacent to the F1-F4 still do not light???

#11 4 months ago

Well, do the fuses test good?

#12 3 months ago

I need to buy another voltmeter. So I'll check them after I do that. Thanks.

#13 3 months ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Again, make sure the coin door is closed. An open door will disable the 50v coil and 20 flasher voltages.

I have not seen a comment whether you have the coin door closed or open. If it is open, this will explain why they are off. If it is closed, will be looking for a 2nd problem.

#14 3 months ago

If it does not power on try flicking(like thumping someone ear) the large caps on your power board. I just did this on my CSI and it starting working.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 26.50
    $ 19.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 62.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 38.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    £ 39.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    $ 209.99
    $ 159.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.50
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 89.99
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    $ 189.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside