Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1405111715757.jpg
ac dc shaker.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I want to add a shaker to my ac dc premium. Install went ok until I tried to find the female molex connector that the red wire is supposed to connect to. This should be just above the shaker in the factory wire harness but there is nothing that size so connect to. The brown wire towards the rear was fine. I connected it up no problem. I looked on two other machines with shakers and they both have the right sized molex connector just above the shaker to connect two. Here is a picture of mine. I have a smaller connector that has two wires in it? Do I have the right wire kit?

ac dc shaker.jpgac dc shaker.jpg
#2 9 years ago

I did mine a while back, but if i remember it plugged in the 12v power on the right side of the cabinet

#3 9 years ago

100% correct.

#4 9 years ago

Wondered about that there is a connector over there but it seemed too far away. Thanks I'll try again

#5 9 years ago

There should also be one in the back of the cabinet… laying in the rats nest of cables

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from dug:

There should also be one in the back of the cabinet… laying in the rats nest of cables

I think that's what I used. Works like a charm

#7 9 years ago

you guys are confusing me...There is one in the back of the cabinet in the rats nest that is brown. Found that one. But then I have like 9" of wire coming from the shaker board. This one is red with white stripe. So it is a stretch to even get it to the right side let alone to the rear. But I assume the rear is the brown one I already plugged into?

#8 9 years ago

One plug is right there in the corner, close buried in that corner. The other one you found in back. Dont go across.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from OldHarley:

you guys are confusing me...There is one in the back of the cabinet in the rats nest that is brown. Found that one. But then I have like 9" of wire coming from the shaker board. This one is red with white stripe. So it is a stretch to even get it to the right side let alone to the rear. But I assume the rear is the brown one I already plugged into?

???
The shaker I got (pinball life) had a cable more than long enough to reach the back of the cabinet.
Are you sure thats not the cable to connect the board to the motor?

#10 9 years ago

He's talking about the power cable, not the signal cable (brown wire).

I could swear that the other molex connector in your picture is the right one. There should be one right where your hand is at to plug into. Do you have any mods that used a 12 volt source? If so, it may be taken up already, otherwise it should be right there next to your hand if the other in the pic is not it.

#11 9 years ago

I just installed one last night in a Metallica. The connector you're looking for was bundled up inside the wiring harness right above the shaker PCB. Not too far from that other connector you're showing. It was hidden by all the wires.

In other words, you're getting warmer.

#12 9 years ago

When I installed the shaker in my ACDC, yes the brown is at the back of the cab on the left hand side. The red cable goes to the power supply on the right side of the cab. But Mr Art could be correct as I've installed shakers on other games and the red wire could be installed by the coin door. Takes some hunting, but it's there!

#13 9 years ago

Yup by the coin door either near the side wall where you mount the piece or below back in that same side corner.

#14 9 years ago

Ok there is no connector on either side that would fit this connector! Right side of cabinet connector is wrong size. And there is nothing used our unused on the left side that would fit. Help. The only connector available used our unused is the one in the picture.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from OldHarley:

Ok there is no connector on either side that would fit this connector! Right side of cabinet connector is wrong size. And there is nothing used our unused on the left side that would fit. Help. The only connector available used our unused is the one in the picture.

It has to be there, it's just hidden below the left flipper switch in the bundle of wires.. It's easy to miss.

Rob

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from OldHarley:

It has to be there, it's just hidden below the left flipper switch in the bundle of wires.. It's easy to miss.

Rob

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Yup its in the bundle.

#18 9 years ago

Guys dang phone won't let me upload picture, but I have spent 30 minutes and I promise there is no connector except the one I took a picture of

#19 9 years ago

Try this one

1405111715757.jpg1405111715757.jpg
#20 9 years ago

Ok after tracing the red and white wire back from the door open button I found it. It was tucked in the wire harness loop and virtually impossible to see as they are identical colors .

// Error: Image 258455 not found //
#21 9 years ago
Quoted from OldHarley:

Ok after tracing the red and white wire back from the door open button I found it. It was tucked in the wire harness loop and virtually impossible to see as they are identical colors .

; )

#22 9 years ago

Start by the wires cable tied together by the tilt mech and work your way all the way to the back of the cabinet…
That's where it was when I hooked up mine.

Edit: Glad you found it...

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from OldHarley:

That explains it. Glad you found it my friend! Enjoy the Rock Concert!!!!! lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ac-dc-shaker-install-confused and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.