Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ahdelarge
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Hi all,
After many years I've finally decided to stop talking about it and actually get my AC/DC Pro powder coated.

Can someone please give me detailed instructions on how to remove the fire button surround that is pop riveted to the lockdown bar and instructions on re-attaching it after the powder coat has been completed? Directions on where the get the rivets and product links would be much appreciated. I am in Australia, but should be able to find the equivalent here. I just have no idea at this stage. This has been the major stalling point of getting the powder coat done.

Cheers!
Adam.

#2 1 year ago

Not sure if this helps, but I sent my ACDC Pro trim to Matt at Back Alley with the rivets and label still attached. He powdercoated and returned to me with the label re-riveted.

If you need to remove the rivets, there are instructions online, but it usually involves drilling.

#3 1 year ago

Removal is done by drilling them out. A drill press works best.

I don’t have part number, but this is the tool and rivet you need to reinstall. Rivet measures 1/4” length x 1/8” wiidth (roughly). Use a washer when reinstalling new rivets.

image (resized).jpg
#4 1 year ago

Thank you for the replies so far!

I have done some googling. Am I on the right track here? I will try to source them locally first, but happy to order from the U.S if I have to.

America
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Chicago-R4012x1-4-Semi-Tubular-Rivet-1-8-x-1-4-Aluminum-Lot-of-Lot-of-100-4564/252322479914?hash=item3abf977f2a:g:tVYAAOSwv9hW6Y0S:rk:25:pf:0

Australia
http://www.davroproducts.com.au/product-information.html?CategoryID=55753

#6 1 year ago

Thank you, sir. Have ordered a pack of 100 from the Australian supplier above and also washers to go with them. Should arrive next week. The lockdown bar is also ready for the powder coater, just have to dismantle the legs, hinges and rails now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 35.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside