Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I recently picked up a 3d printer and have been kicking around the idea of making a Cannon for AC/DC. I know there are lots of these around but I wanted something that the ball actually loaded into the barrel. This is just my first iteration of the basic shape. This mod will not be for sale. I will just share the files and people can mod, print and paint it however they like. I only ask that anything based of this is available for those that want to print.

Now that I have actually printed it once I realize it can be be tighter to the mech and much more tapered towards the muzzle. Just looking for peoples opinions, thoughts and ideas on how to make it look more like a cannon as well as what style. Right now it looks more like the guns on a modern ship than an old school cannon.

Also it currently rubs a bit when it swings all the way left I will clean that up in the next iteration.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4728308

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Nice start
It definitely needs some ridges for the tip of the cannon end and a few down the barrel
Add a cap on the back end similar to the plastic, with a depression like it opens
and maybe some sort of place / raised area where the fuse would be lite that would allow for some lighting effects similar to what's already out there
But I like the concept of just a big cannon minus the wheel, that breaks all the time with ball hits

#3 3 years ago

Why not get some inspiration from the cut-away toy everyone has? I like mine though would love a more elegant solution.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4 3 years ago

I have the toy cannon but it wasn’t for me. I’ll add some detail around the muzzle and at the back but will keep it pretty clean and simple. I’m going to stick to the concept of a simple barrel. The beauty of 3D printing is it shouldn’t be difficult for people to dress it up or add a wheel if they want.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I have the toy cannon but it wasn’t for me. I’ll add some detail around the muzzle and at the back but will keep it pretty clean and simple. I’m going to stick to the concept of a simple barrel. The beauty of 3D printing is it shouldn’t be difficult for people to dress it up or add a wheel if they want.

Only problem I see is there’s no room for embellishments other than the barrel with your approach. I like it’s covering more of the mechanism but scale will make it hard to add wheels, whatever. I’ll be interested to see what you come up with

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#6 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Only problem I see is there’s no room for embellishments other than the barrel with your approach. I like it’s covering more of the mechanism but scale will make it hard to add wheels, whatever.

The concept is to make something different than the current cannons. It would be much easier to just grab an an existing one if that’s what someone wants.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
16,500 (Firm)
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ac-dc-printed-cannon- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.