(Topic ID: 233167)

AC/DC Premium vs MET Premium? Poll included!

By Who-Dey

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Deadlander
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“AC/DC Premium vs MET Premium”

• AC/DC Premium 25 votes
    56%
  • MET Premium 20 votes
    44%

(45 votes)

#1 3 months ago

Two heavy hitters here, which one comes out on top?

#2 3 months ago

I own met pro and ac dc premium and love both of them but i prefer ac dc.

#3 3 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Two heavy hitters here, which one comes out on top?

We have had both. ACDC we bought first and is still in our collection. MET premium has come and gone! Both are great games and it is personal preference which one you like more. Both rightly deserve to be in the Pinside top 10.

#4 3 months ago

I own acdc premium and Metallica pro. I play Metallica far more than anything in my collection. The Metallica pro with creeping death light blades is amazing, and you save nearly $2k over the premium. Metallica premium toys are pretty cool, but not $2k worth Imo. Acdc is my favorite band,so it helps, but I like the rules, toys, and art far better on Metallica. Acdc can really get rocking, but you're essentially playing the same game over and over without a wizard mode to break the game up. Supposedly a mini wizard is being considered by Lyman though. Both are still the best two music pins imo. Can't go wrong with either. What band do you prefer? If you strongly prefer one band over the other, go with it.

#5 3 months ago

I just sold my METLE and my ACDC Prem. Not to sour this but I really don't miss either yet.
If I had to pick I would have to throw my vote towards ACDC. The art is terrible but the lightshow and gameplay are superior to MET in my opinion. ACDC is a rush from start to finish and nothing feels methodical or chore like.....

#6 3 months ago

Had both at one time and it's AC/DC

#7 3 months ago

ACDC all day long. Ramps feel better, the "monorail" crossover always looks sweet, diverters on both ramps, and easily one of the best bash toys made with the bell. So well done. ACDC just seemed much more forgiving to me than Met. The music like "Shook Me All Night Long" and "Rock and Roll Train" just were made for pinball playing. Some songs like Seek and Destroy are good too, but when I hear "Let There Be Rock" start up, man, totally puts me in the mood to pinball it up.

The one area Met has over ACDC is the artwork. Everywhere else, ACDC dominates, and that is coming from someone who is a very hardcore Metallica fan.

#8 3 months ago

I would recommend owing an AC/DC premium and a Met Pro. That’s what I currently have and they are both great games. Met premium is nice but the toys are not worth the extra money AcDc premium is worth the extra cash as the extras affect the gameplay more dramatically in a positive way imho.
Can’t really go wrong with either pin life is full of tough decisions.
Happy flipping,
Al

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
$ 9.95
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Sale Pending!
Pasadena, MD
$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
7,200 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Mantua, NJ
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Washington Township, NJ

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside