Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ledge
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-992.jpg
image-309.jpg

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Hi folks. I am looking to buy a HUO, very limited use(less than 400 games) AC DC premium with no mods. It is in perfect condition. Could you please help me out with what you think it is worth?? Thanks!!!

#2 4 years ago

$5400-$5600. This title might bump up a little after Stern stops producing it this month.

Awesome game. Good luck!

#3 4 years ago

They already stopped producing it several months ago, then raised the NIB price by $500 on what stock they had left. They even moved it to the games archive on the Stern website earlier this week.

I've seen the game you are asking about. I helped him unbox it 3 weeks ago. I'd say north of $6K

#4 4 years ago

We don't seem to know the production numbers for this game and there are a lot of folks who have it and very few seem to pop up for sale it seems. Maybe in time that'll change but in the mean time they seem to be getting more sparse as many distributor don't even have them anymore. Seems the collectibility and pricing will remain stable for now.

Seems HUO have been selling for around $5500-6000 depending on the usual variables. If it's well equipped (modded) it may fetch abut more as there are so many nice add ons for this.

#5 4 years ago

Little Shop of Games just sold a HUO one for $5200 if that helps.

#6 4 years ago

I'd say about $5500 would be fair.

#7 4 years ago

there was one for sale at the recent florida show for $5200 that didn't sell there. played like new..

#8 4 years ago

I was just offered $5,800 for mine, which has about $300 in mods on it.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I was just offered $5,800 for mine, which has about $300 in mods on it.

Hmm, that must mean it's worth $5800 since mods add no value here. Also I hear AC/DC premium has LEDs so that's another $0 on top of that, maybe negative value if the new owner wants to remove them.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Hmm, that must mean it's worth $5800 since mods add no value here. Also I hear AC/DC premium has LEDs so that's another $0 on top of that, maybe negative value if the new owner wants to remove them.

The only thing negative is your opinion.

#11 4 years ago

Let's be clear, they liquidated a lot if ACDC premium games in the end and distributors were selling them at great prices recently, as they did with Metallica premium. I sold mine which had mods and shaker for $5500, you should not be paying more than that.

#12 4 years ago

Thanks for your input!!!!

#13 4 years ago

close to 5k IME

#14 4 years ago

That's insane. The price for ACDC Premium should be WELL above that, and I only say that because shitty games like TF and Avatard and other flops still command $4500++ for HUO, yet, ACDC and Premium of all things, being a huge winner, should be value so much more than 90% of the sterns made.

It is what it is, it's just odd.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

That's insane. The price for ACDC Premium should be WELL above that, and I only say that because shitty games like TF and Avatard and other flops still command $4500++ for HUO, yet, ACDC and Premium of all things, being a huge winner, should be value so much more than 90% of the sterns made.

if it was more of a limited run like most other Sterns, this title would probably be going for much higher. They produced a lot of this pin, though. Supply and demand.

#16 4 years ago

AC/DC is Stern's highest produced game (according to inside info that seems reliable, don't think they ever announced that publicly). Yes, it's a great game. But it's just not that rare.

And no, TF doesn't command $4500+. People struggle to move them north of $4k all the time.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Simply supply and demand determine the value. By your logic, BBB and CC should be two of the top 5 games of all time.

#18 4 years ago

Isn't the standard answer 10k by Christmas ... oh wait, TOMORROW!

#19 4 years ago

52-5400 at the moment stock.
Will go north of 6 again next summer till a possible rerun rumor hits - then down again.
Seems the day of sky high prices have diminished due to the VT option.

#20 4 years ago

We are people thumbing me down on that??? Seriously, all sterns seem to be ball park 4-5.5k huo, yet many are complete crap, and many are top 10. My post had nothing to do with rarity. This price range does not reflect the same spectrum range of other machines. Imagine MM, MB and TZ being within a grand of Gilligan's Island or Black Rose.

ACDC Pro alone should be top of that range, and the Premium MUCH higher. It just doesn't make sense to me, but hey, if you are in the market for a great machine, and this is what they are going for, ACDC Premium is a no brainer peeps!

#21 4 years ago

Drewblood has a very nice modified premium on pinside for $6k. Awesome machine and he has a buyer and a backup buyer already in place. Thus, I say $6k with mods.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

We are people thumbing me down on that??? Seriously, all sterns seem to be ball park 4-5.5k huo, yet many are complete crap, and many are top 10. My post had nothing to do with rarity. This price range does not reflect the same spectrum range of other machines. Imagine MM, MB and TZ being within a grand of Gilligan's Island or Black Rose.
ACDC Pro alone should be top of that range, and the Premium MUCH higher. It just doesn't make sense to me, but hey, if you are in the market for a great machine, and this is what they are going for, ACDC Premium is a no brainer peeps!

As much as you and I have disagreed recently, I'd like to point out that I was one of the people that gave you a thumbs up.

I think the others are saying that just because AC/DC might be a much better pin than the one's that you mentioned (and it is), that doesn't mean that it will necessarily be worth a lot more, because you also have to take supply into account. The demand for AC/DC is high because it's such a great pin, but on the other side of it is the fact that Stern sold a ton of them which brings the value back down.

I agree with you though. AC/DC is so much better than those pins that it *should* be worth quite a bit more.

#23 4 years ago

mods honestly shouldn't increase price, esp toy mods, lit up posts, toppers, and just basically "bling". etc. same as if you take a chevy s10 put on an expensive custom paint job, hydraulics, pimped rims, etc. that type of a sale is a smaller market and shouldn't and doesn't really increase value.
a stock game can market to anyone. if an owner then wants to pimp it out so be it.

if your "mod" is a $400 chrome coin door, chrome lock down bar, side rails, etc, that may be a different story.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

As much as you and I have disagreed recently, I'd like to point out that I was one of the people that gave you a thumbs up.
I think the others are saying that just because AC/DC might be a much better pin than the one's that you mentioned (and it is), that doesn't mean that it will necessarily be worth a lot more, because you also have to take supply into account. The demand for AC/DC is high because it's such a great pin, but on the other side of it is the fact that Stern sold a ton of them which brings the value back down.
I agree with you though. AC/DC is so much better than those pins that it *should* be worth quite a bit more.

We don't disagree, we both agreed that twd was lame and boring I thought?

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

We don't disagree, we both agreed that twd was lame and boring I thought?

lol

#26 4 years ago

I know of a Luci with ~1000 plays that can be had for $5800 with a shaker and Pinball Pimp track decals and coin door decals...

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from brewmeister_fla:

I know of a Luci with ~1000 plays that can be had for $5800 with a shaker and Pinball Pimp track decals and coin door decals...

Is it on the west coast

#28 4 years ago

Current price: somewhere in the $5000-$6000 range, sounds like.
Current value: Priceless

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Current price: somewhere in the $5000-$6000 range, sounds like.
Current value: Priceless

Still higher in Canada, I can't imagine a Premium going for 6k here, but man, if this is the case, just another reason to never again pre-order nor even buy NIB if the mega awesome games even drastically drop now too. This was the only NIB machine I have bought, and I'm not stating any of this in lieu of this, just that it's confusing.

I'm currently debating TH, and for us Crazy Canucks, ordering now for me with taxes, exchange and all there other crap, it's going to run 11k. EVEN if this is a grand slam, the value is going to be what... 7-8k for pristine 100 play HUO's broken in the with initial issues all worked out?

It's getting hard to justify ever buying NIB again.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I said the same thing.......then I went out and bought a Luci NIB 2 days ago. For me, I said screw it, over priced and expensive maybe, but I like it and I have fun with it. To me, that's all that matters.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

I said the same thing.......then I went out and bought a Luci NIB 2 days ago. For me, I said screw it, over priced and expensive maybe, but I like it and I have fun with it. To me, that's all that matters.

Could not have said better myself.
People must remember that though ACDC has stopped producing, serious pinballs are coming out in 2015. I do not see ACDC going up in value for a long time, not with Hobbit, Big Lebowski, Game of Thrones and Star Wars coming our way (if you believe the rumor mill), and about 3 other new release pins I am forgetting. For every ACDC buyer there is an accommodating seller, who's played the pin to death, somewhere.
My trained eye says $5,300-$6,000 for the normal Premium, maybe up to $6,500 for the LUCI, and it will stay that way for a long time, because Stern made a bunch.

FF6735 hit it right on the head. If you want the pin, go get it.
Playing the waiting game is likely to have little effect either way. ACDC will not drop below $5K, and will not rise above 6K (6.5K for LUCI), so just go get it and do not overthink this one.

#32 4 years ago

$5400-$5600 tops on machine as described... several people recently have been struggling to unload their games for any asking price above that..

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Still higher in Canada, I can't imagine a Premium going for 6k here, but man, if this is the case, just another reason to never again pre-order nor even buy NIB if the mega awesome games even drastically drop now too. This was the only NIB machine I have bought, and I'm not stating any of this in lieu of this, just that it's confusing.
I'm currently debating TH, and for us Crazy Canucks, ordering now for me with taxes, exchange and all there other crap, it's going to run 11k. EVEN if this is a grand slam, the value is going to be what... 7-8k for pristine 100 play HUO's broken in the with initial issues all worked out?

I was just quoting the US prices to keeps things simple.
I do expect I could get $7000 CDN for my Premium ACDC currently. If not, very close to it.
When you consider what you're getting for that $7000 vs what else is available at current prices, it's till an amazing value in my opinion. NIB Mettalica Premium is very close too.

Either way, I've had ACDC for over 2 years now and even today I'm jonesin to play it once the Xmas shenanigans are complete.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

For every ACDC buyer there is an accommodating seller, who's played the pin to death, somewhere.

This. It's not an indictment of the game, but they made so many and not everyone is going to keep it forever. You just have to bow to the supply and demand realities of the market.

#35 4 years ago

I'd sell mine if I could just get to encore one more time. Doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I'd sell mine if I could just get to encore one more time. Doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.

You need to take the glass off like you did the first time!

#37 4 years ago

2B baby. With a B.

#38 4 years ago

This may seem like a dumb question, but is there any difference in the playfield, layout, or scoring between the L.E. and the Premium models? Is the only difference the cabinet art and backglass? I've seen a Luci edition and an L.E. edition on locations, but not at the same time or place, so I just wanted to check. Eventually I want to get one myself. It's one of my favorites for sure.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

This may seem like a dumb question, but is there any difference in the playfield, layout, or scoring between the L.E. and the Premium models? Is the only difference the cabinet art and backglass? I've seen a Luci edition and an L.E. edition on locations, but not at the same time or place, so I just wanted to check. Eventually I want to get one myself. It's one of my favorites for sure.

No difference on the playfield, just a little extra artwork on the Luci, and then the LEs have the armour and a better speaker if I'm not mistaken.
-Though the speakers on the Premiums kick azz!

#40 4 years ago

LEs have

Real backglass
Shaker
12" sub
signed playfield
translucent arch
special armor and hindge
plaque and certificate

#41 4 years ago

OK, thanks! Come to think of it, I do remember the shaker on the LE but not on the Luci, so that is definitely one feature that would be very nice to have. I really like that feedback when you make a good shot. Other features are nice as well, but not as big of a deal to me personally. Also, is Luci the only premium model, or did they make other variants as well?

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

OK, thanks! Come to think of it, I do remember the shaker on the LE but not on the Luci, so that is definitely one feature that would be very nice to have. I really like that feedback when you make a good shot. Other features are nice as well, but not as big of a deal to me personally. Also, is Luci the only premium model, or did they make other variants as well?

2 Premiums. The standard premium and Luci. You can always buy a new or used shaker and install it. New they are about $170 from pinball life.

image-309.jpg image-992.jpg
#43 4 years ago

I still don't "get" Luci... I was a huge ACDC fan growing up, and actually like the BG on the Premium (by far the best BG of any of them), but all the Luci art, with cartoon chicks plastered everywhere... yuk.

Some seem to love it though, I just don't get it. Has nothing to do with the game or band, doesn't look like the infamous "Rosie" (not that anyone wants the images of the 200+ pound whale Bon Scott harpooned one night all over everything), and it's even polluted all over the mini PF that looks awesome with all the fire on the regular Premium.

If anything I wish they made a Bon Scott ACDC version.

#44 4 years ago

I agree Atomicboy. I can't fathom buying the Luci version over Premium. Its ugly as sin. And yes, a Bon Scott version would have been sweet.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

AC/DC is Stern's highest produced game (according to inside info that seems reliable, don't think they ever announced that publicly). Yes, it's a great game. But it's just not that rare.
And no, TF doesn't command $4500+. People struggle to move them north of $4k all the time.

This is true on both accounts. ACDC prem is a fantastic game. Better than most, but it's was produced to death in two versions. Best price would be an original regular version because people are afraid of the "cloudy glass". I had one and it was fine. Add a shaker and you should still be able to get one around 5500.

This is a fun game. Best of luck with your search. I'll bet a WTB post will find you several.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

"cloudy glass".

I believe that issue was only on the LE's and very first runs of the premium. Mine is clear all the time other than some coil fart spray from the mini collecting after time, but that wipes right off.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I agree Atomicboy. I can't fathom buying the Luci version over Premium. Its ugly as sin. And yes, a Bon Scott version would have been sweet.

I think you're definitely in the minority on this one. Real ACDC fans may prefer Bon Scott, but it's not surprising that most 30-50 year old pinheads would prefer original art of a hot devil chick ( even if she's pink).

There's been plenty of premiums sold on here and the price seems to be $5000-$5500 for a stock game. Luci is probably about $500 more.

#48 4 years ago

I still love my LTBR . Artwork is much better than Luci ( cant figure out the Austin powers retro styling ) and the backglass IMO is the best by far.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

"cloudy glass".

I have a signed, unpopulated LE playfield with a clear window that I got from Stern because of a defect in my LE playfield. I wonder how much that is worth?

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I have a signed, unpopulated LE playfield with a clear window that I got from Stern because of a defect in my LE playfield. I wonder how much that is worth?

Maybe paint a Jessica Rabbit on it with devil horns first?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
$ 50.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
7,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Emerald Hills, CA
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sedro-woolley, WA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 35.00
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside