Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Pin_-_K
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 months ago

Which Luci is worth more. Based on sales it looks like the original Luci sells more then the vault. Is there a reason? Build quality?

#2 10 months ago

Original has all the band members on it. Vault removed the drummer. I’d rather have the original. Just my opinion.

#3 10 months ago

Don’t recall build quality differences other than the vault having different panel and screws to remove lid to lower pf. Most asking differences seem to involve sellers valuing their mods.

#4 10 months ago

I'd honestly be happy with either. That being said, I do have a Vault, and I like the ability to be able to remove the lower playfield window on the Vault, but with that comes the need to make sure that window is level, and on a rare occasion, the seam between the window and playfield may influence the direction of the ball (that hardly ever happens though). On the original Luci I do like seeing Phil Rudd instead of a mysteriously darkened and shadowy drummer on my Vault, so maybe Phil's representation makes the original Luci release more valued with collectors. That would be understandable, as it is AC/DC after all.

#5 10 months ago

The cabinet on the original is much heavier which many prefer, plus it came with a larger 14” sub. If you can find one with a clear lower playfield window it also looks “cleaner” than the screwed down one on the vault.

#6 10 months ago

Thanks I’m looking at an original Luci. I think it’s worth to pay more for the Luci package vs the standard premium. I’ve been reading that there are only a few hundred Luci machines around.

#7 10 months ago

According to SR significantly less than 200 LUCI's were built [so the True AC/DC LE?] + All the original Premiums (& the LE's) ALL have that Big A$$ 14" Woofer, the newer Premiums have the standard Stern 8" Woofer.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside