Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180618_1143438 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180531_0008298 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180421_2239268 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180421_2239359 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hey everyone , just wanted to give a heads up that this game went back to Stern.. Hate to see anyone getting it without noticing.
Jig gouges from window cutout,
clear coat on second playfield.. looks like they just hung it after spraying.

Happy flipping, Cheers!

IMG_20180421_2239268 (resized).jpgIMG_20180421_2239268 (resized).jpgIMG_20180421_2239359 (resized).jpgIMG_20180421_2239359 (resized).jpgIMG_20180531_0008298 (resized).jpgIMG_20180531_0008298 (resized).jpgIMG_20180618_1143438 (resized).jpgIMG_20180618_1143438 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Hoping to get another one that doesn't have these issues in the future.

#3 5 years ago

Wow, that sucks. What was the manufacture date on this game? I have a Luci vault in transit from distributor due Friday. It was made just last week.

#4 5 years ago

That guy who inspects playfields at Stern, maybe he didn't have the lights plugged in again?

Some of you will know what I'm talking about

The playfield went back to be replaced, not the whole game?

Rob

#5 5 years ago

Haha, no doubt..

Crap, they picked the game up yesterday.. It was definitely made before April.

They will probably just resell it hoping nobody notices.

#6 5 years ago

Got a call today from Patrick, they are willing to send me a brand new game in mint condition at cost.. Wow, catch is I just have to stop posting bad reviews on here and promise not to disclose there cost. lol.. Well I'm happy Stern is doing that! So this is a positive post. very happy, there cost is stupid cheap!

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Got a call today from Patrick, they are willing to send me a brand new game in mint condition at cost.. Wow, catch is I just have to stop posting bad reviews on here and promise not to disclose there cost. lol.. Well I'm happy Stern is doing that! So this is a positive post. very happy, there cost is stupid cheap!

At a loss for words. Congratulations to you and yours. That is great that Stern is standing behind you on this. My heart sank with these photos. I am happy they
are taking care of you! Wish me luck. My journey begins on Friday when freight company deposits my game here. I am as nervous as a cat is in a room full of rocking chairs. LOL ,MEOOWW, my tail ,my tail.
my azz, my azz

2 weeks later
#8 5 years ago

Well it looks like it was to good to be true, waited for a payment request email as directed for $2862. Sent a few emails and phone messages since with no reply.. Oh well, at least I got my full refund back. Hope no one else had any of these issues.. Definitely going to affect resale value. Hopefully this one ends up being a route machine with a discounted sale price for the operator. I'll let everyone know if anything changes. Cheers!

2 weeks later
#9 5 years ago

Just fallowed up with stern to see what happen to the game with my production number..... turns out new playfields were sent out, dealer decided to take the game back plus $1400 plus U.S in new playfields. Deal directly with stern, lesson learned.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Just fallowed up with stern to see what happen to the game with my production number..... turns out new playfields were sent out, but Player One Toronto(Jerry)decided to take the game back plus $1400 plus U.S in new playfields. Deal directly with stern, lesson learned.

You absolutely cannot deal directly with Stern for warranty issues on big ticket items. Plus, I've dealt with Jerry (Powers?) several times and he's a stand up guy, always went the extra mile for me.

You got a refund back, so why were you expecting anything else at this point? I think you should have given it more time, P1 or Stern are not going to rip you off. Sometimes things just move slow as in they may not have had ready playfields built for example.

Rob

#11 5 years ago

What r you talking about? Dealer wrote me back a email saying Stern denied my warranty issues and to send the game back. Just by chance , I called Stern to see what was happening, they said new playfields were sent out under my product number? How else would you explain it?
I have dealt with Patrick Directly from Stern before on warranty issues.. I Should have went that route.
My mistake. I will never ever deal with this dealer again. Lesson learned.
Was an amazing game.. Gonna miss it. Biggest reason why I p*ss+d!
Have about $500 u.s worth of stuff for this game, if anyone is interested.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

What r you talking about? Jerry wrote me back a email saying Stern denied my warranty issues and to send the game back. Just by chance , I called Stern to see what was happening, they said new playfields were sent out under my product number? How else would you explain it?
I have dealt with Patrick Directly from Stern before on warranty issues.. I Should have went that route.
My mistake. I will never ever deal with player one again. Lesson learned.
Was an amazing game.. Gonna miss it. Biggest reason why I p*ss+d!
Have about $500 u.s worth of stuff for this game, if anyone is interested.

Once you sent the game back and got your money back, who cares? Buy another one, maybe from Nitro if you don't want to deal with Player One any more. But it's possible some miscommunication happened along the way - I don't think P1 was out to rip you or anyone else off.

Rob

#13 5 years ago

I deleted the dealers name, everyone thinks its to far.. If I were to do it all over again.. I would have contacted Stern directly. I have received swap playfields from them before. Hope this helps somebody out. Cheers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
16,500 (Firm)
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ac-dc-luci-vault-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.