IMG_20180531_0008298 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180421_2239268 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180421_2239359 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180618_1143438 (resized).jpg
DSC_0017 (resized).JPG
20180711_131500 (resized).jpg
DSC_0017 (resized).JPG
DSC_0012 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinsideMike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hey guys. I noticed this little gem today while playing on my AC/DC Luci. How the heck did I do this? I bought the machine straight from the factory, and as you can see, I only have 1063 plays. Any ideas how I did this? Any ideas how to fix this? Any ideas if Stern will help me out with a new lower playfield? I emailed them over the weekend but I am not sure how long the normal turn around time for correspondence is.

DSC_0012 (resized).JPGDSC_0012 (resized).JPGDSC_0017 (resized).JPGDSC_0017 (resized).JPG
#4 5 years ago

I do believe Chas helped me out setting up the machine. Something wonky happened and one of the pinballs got lodged up were up in the backglass area connectors. I forgot all about him. He was definitely very helpful and gave me over the phone help. Ill go ahead and email him directly and hope a nice fast resolution is made in this instance as well.

#6 5 years ago

Chas responded within an hour and will be forwarding my enclosed pictures to their quality group. Thanks again guys. Now I guess it is just a waiting game to see how it all turns out.

#8 5 years ago

Stern is saying no. Its over the 90 day warranty. Is this something I can attempt to clear back on? Or am I going to be held ransom for a new lower playfield every 1000 plays?

#11 5 years ago

This is original Luci not the vault edition. I'll refrain from listing the distributor for now. Maybe someone will do the right thing.

#23 5 years ago

I emailed Stern directly. At this point, I would be willing to buy a new playfield from Stern as long as this problem does not happen again. Ive got 20+ year old Williams machines that have less noticeable damage than this.

#26 5 years ago

I guess Ill just have to go slow when pulling this lower playfield out and try to keep that paint chip on the flasher safe till it can get repaired/replaced.

DSC_0017 (resized).JPGDSC_0017 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#47 5 years ago

My thread has got a little off track it does seem. Figure Ill update the community. I received my machine on 6/6/14 NIB. Yes that is a long time to be past a warranty. Stern seemed more than willing to accommodate me in my particular situation. As of July 17th, 2018 (my last correspondence with Stern) they will be sending me a new lower playfield because of the damage with so minimal use.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
16,500 (Firm)
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinsideMike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ac-dc-luci-damage?tu=PinsideMike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.