IMG_20180531_0008298 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180421_2239268 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180421_2239359 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180618_1143438 (resized).jpg
DSC_0017 (resized).JPG
20180711_131500 (resized).jpg
DSC_0017 (resized).JPG
DSC_0012 (resized).JPG
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

Udate..Just fallowed up with stern to see what happen to the game with my production number..... turns out new playfields were sent out, dealer decided to take the game back plus $1400 plus U.S in new playfields. Deal directly with stern, lesson learned.

#52 5 years ago

Yeah, so? He fully refunded you and now has to go through the trouble of replacing the playfield and then probably sell the game as an open box at a loss. I don’t know why you’re on such a mission to slam this guy on multiple threads.

#53 5 years ago

They will route the game and sell the playfields and I don't have a game. I would have kept it and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't loose any money on resale with new playfields going with the game.
You would fine going through all the trouble of picking up the game, un boxing, buying cliffys, mods just to take it back?
Have about $500 u.s worth of stuff for this game, if anyone is interested.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

They will route the game and sell the playfields and I don't have a game. I would have kept it and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't loose any money on resale with new playfields going with the game.
You would fine going through all the trouble of picking up the game, un boxing, buying cliffys, mods just to take it back?
Have about $500 u.s worth of stuff for this game, if anyone is interested.

It's just that nobody cares.

I would venture to guess almost every single person here has bought a game, and sold it. The details of these transactions are dull and banal and this is why we don't post them. At some point when a game is no longer yours, you need to let go. We have arrived at this point.

#55 5 years ago

Ug. I don’t know how distros do it, I really don’t.

It’s a huge bummer your NIB game arrived not to your liking. But your distro fully refunded you!!! And you’re making him out to be this nefarious slippery liar. Super unclassy.

You still want an AC/DC Premium? This is gonna sound far fetched, but why don’t you, oh, maybe go out and buy another one with your fully refunded Beaver Bucks!

Or, just play and enjoy the 15 other amazing games in your collection, or discuss all the killer new games we get to enjoy, or at least stop bad mouthing this distro for doing the right thing.

End of rant, Seacrest out.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's just that nobody cares.
I would venture to guess almost every single person here has bought a game, and sold it. The details of these transactions are dull and banal and this is why we don't post them. At some point when a game is no longer yours, you need to let go. We have arrived at this point.

It is possible that there some guys out there that sent back a game and are now wondering if this happened to them.

I think, for best results.. Deal directly with stern on warranty. Just posting my experience.. Might help someone, might not.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Deal directly with stern on warranty

If it's something that's more than a few bucks, you cannot deal directly with Stern on warranty.

Rob

#58 5 years ago

What does it matter to you what they are going to do with the game? You got a refund, the distributor refunded your money. At this point it's none of your business what they do with the game. Are they expected to just look at it?

So the distributor took the game back (made it right to you) and Stern sent them a replacement PF (made it right to the distributor) and you still want to complain?

So, here is what Stern would have done. They would have sent you a PF and you would have had to do the swap or you would have had to send them your old PF and they would have swapped it out with you being down for most likely a month or more. You should have just had the distributor take the game back in exchange for a new one. Was that not an option?

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

If it's something that's more than a few bucks, you cannot deal directly with Stern on warranty.
Rob

Only option was to send it back.
I received a swap playfield directly from Patrick, customer care at Stern.. From my experience, it's the best way to go.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

It is possible that there some guys out there that sent back a game and are now wondering if this happened to them.
I think, for best results.. Deal directly with stern on warranty. Just posting my experience.. Might help someone, might not.

I'm not sure I understand. You sent back a game and Player One refunded you in full. So what exactly do you feel "happened to you"?

Seems like they accommodated you in full and now you're complaining about it.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

I'm not sure I understand. You sent back a game and Player One refunded you in full. So what exactly do you feel "happened to you"?
Seems like they accommodated you in full and now you're complaining about it.

If I were to do it all over again, I would go straight to stern like I have done in the past..i would still have a game instead of $500 u.s in un used parts and a wasted day picking up, un boxing, sending it back. Hope this helps others. Cheers!

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

It's a vault.. Check out the cut out gouges too.. Stern told me to send the game back and have a nice day.

So this is what I don't understand. You claimed in this post that Stern told you to "send the game back and have a nice day.".

Now you are claiming PlayerOne told you they won't replace the playfield for you and you should have went directly to Stern.

All this after you were apparently receiving a game at cost. So many inconsistencies.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

So this is what I don't understand. You claimed in this post that Stern told you to "send the game back and have a nice day.".
Now you are claiming PlayerOne told you they won't replace the playfield for you and you should have went directly to Stern.
All this after you were apparently receiving a game at cost. So many inconsistencies.

Everything was dealt through the dealer.. Here say I guess.. from Stern. Maybe they never contacted them at all. I will never know.
I would go straight to Stern, all I can say.
I did in the past, I don't know why I went through the dealer this time ..Kicking myself.
Oh well, cheers guys! Happy flipping!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ac-dc-luci-damage/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.