• 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PBMAN
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8800455C-7550-49DE-943C-3BCA70589CC5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bsobie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I'm considering replacing the Lightning Bolts with either Pinbits or Hooked..... Not sure which brand or which lighting effect to go with... Any help would be Greatly Appreciated.

#3 5 years ago

Are the Pinbits pretty bright? I have heard people make comments about some of these lights are super bright and hard to look at

#5 5 years ago

Which Hooked did you go with? Gen4 with white lights? Red or Stainless frame?

#7 5 years ago

I Appreciate all the input..... It sounds like you can’t go wrong with either brand.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

Hooked...blue.

Thank You, NathanP..... Those are the ones we ended up going with. Hooked Stainless Blue. I hope they go good with the Pin Stadiums

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Curious to hear your opinions and review. I’ve been going back and forth on what to do with my acdc; hooked bolts, pinbits bolts, or pinstadium and/or Orion’s Belt. Overwhelmed with the possibilities lol.

I will definitely post as soon as I get the lightning bolts on..... We already have the Pin Stadium lights and are very pleased with them.... It’s Amazing how they light up the playfield and blend with the game.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Curious to hear your opinions and review. I’ve been going back and forth on what to do with my acdc; hooked bolts, pinbits bolts, or pinstadium and/or Orion’s Belt. Overwhelmed with the possibilities lol.

Our Hooked stainless steel with blue Lightning Bolts have arrived and are installed..... I Really like them! The blue Lighting goes Great and the brightness is absolutely perfect. I was playing in a room with nothing on but the machine and they weren’t overpowering at all. But, I also have Pin Stadium Lights that add a lot of flash and could be taking away from the flash of the lightning bolts..... but not in a bad way... the two lighting mods go great together. In my opinion, both mods are a must. The Pin Stadiums light the whole playfield up and enhances your game play and the interactiveness of the Lightning Bolts is Absolutely Cool.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sweet. Thanks for the follow up. I’ll probably get the hooked ones soon enough; just gotta decide on blue or white. Then will decide if I should add the pinstadium with it or not. I still haven’t got the color dmd for mine though either. Trying to save up for another pin so mod funds are scarce haha.

We don't have the colored dmd.... Although they look really nice, I can't bring myself to lay down that kind of money. I originally was going to go with the white lightning bolts but after reading a lot of posts about their brightness and talking to a couple guys that went with the blue ones I decided to go with the blue. The blue really fits in the game well. Another deciding factor for me was looking at the games lighting already.... The game has enough bright lights as it is... They also have yellow lightning bolts but I didn't think yellow would fit well. And I have read they were too bright also. I did play a machine up at the Chicago Expo that had the Pinbits ( white lights) and they didn't seem too bright at all but it was a Big room with a lot of lighting. Brock

#22 5 years ago

Thank You for sharing, Rensh!... We needed someone to chime in with their first hand experience of the yellow lightning bolts.... If you have an AC/DC the Lightning bolts are a must!.... PBMAN is selling a Brand New set of Gen4 Red with Yellow lighting for $85 shipped.... That is a Great price! Brock

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bsobie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ac-dc-lightning-bolts?tu=bsobie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.