Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 days ago by Rob_G
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4948 (resized).JPG
IMG_4947 (resized).JPG
IMG_4946 (resized).JPG
IMG_4945 (resized).JPG
IMG_4942 (resized).JPG
IMG_4939 (resized).JPG
IMG_4941 (resized).JPG
IMG_4940 (resized).JPG
1F451DA4-718D-4300-89F9-1056596A97DD (resized).jpeg

#1 40 days ago

So, dunbass me forgets to take a pic to know which way the wires are suppose to go in the GI driver board I was replacing Can anyone with a AC/DC PREMIUM or LE take a pic of how the wires are suppose to be on this board for me please. The board in question:

1F451DA4-718D-4300-89F9-1056596A97DD (resized).jpeg

Thank you in advance for the help!

#2 39 days ago

And you maybe asking yourself, “Why doesn’t he just plug them in the different ways until they work?” Im glad you asked. I’ve done that, at least in all the different was I can come up with. The AXE lane lights aren’t working properly and the “E” only lights up with the white and yellow colors. It’s out through the rest of the sequence. Also, when the game starts AXE don’t illuminate at all. So, I need to make sure of the correct wiring so when I swap the old board back that it’s the new board issue and not something new that has arisen.

Still can’t believe I didn’t take a picture first. You’d think it’s my first time fixing anything

#3 38 days ago

Let me know if you need any others....
Ray

IMG_4939 (resized).JPGIMG_4940 (resized).JPGIMG_4941 (resized).JPGIMG_4942 (resized).JPG
#4 38 days ago
Quoted from Rhlufa:

Let me know if you need any others....
Ray
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy crap, that’s a lotta plugs on one little board!

#5 38 days ago

THANK YOU!!! Would you mind getting one more of the set of four plugs (2 wires each)across the bottom, to be able to see the wire colors? The ones in the last pic, but to be able to see all the wire colors.

Quoted from yzfguy:

Holy crap, that’s a lotta plugs on one little board!

Yeeeeeah, that was what I thought too after I had took them all off THEN remembered I didn’t take a photo

#6 37 days ago

I hope these others can help...

IMG_4945 (resized).JPGIMG_4946 (resized).JPGIMG_4947 (resized).JPGIMG_4948 (resized).JPG
#7 35 days ago

Did ya figure this out?

#8 35 days ago

I’ve been wondering as well ......

#9 33 days ago

Sorry bout that. My work takes me out of town. Got back last night and FINALLY just now had time to dig into this. First of all, Rhlufa, you are a saint sir. Thank you for taking the time snapping these photos. SO very helpful. YES!! I had two flipped around, the two on the bottom right and the two across the very top. Everything works perfectly! AND, so far GI no strobing! Switched the phone cable first but that didn’t seem to fix the issue (which was the original problem).

But again, thank you so much for the pics!

#10 33 days ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

AND, so far GI no strobing!

ACDC has the same small RGB driver board as Metallica. At least on Metallica, the 2 wire power connector on that board is prone to failure. Was the strobing the reason you replaced the board?

Rob

#11 32 days ago

Yup. It was strobing something awful during attract mode. During game play it would occasionally, enough to be distracting but not as much as it was during attract mode. Swapped the phone cord first, but didn’t help. Then I plunked down for a new board. This seems to have worked thankfully.

#12 31 days ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

Yup. It was strobing something awful during attract mode. During game play it would occasionally, enough to be distracting but not as much as it was during attract mode. Swapped the phone cord first, but didn’t help. Then I plunked down for a new board. This seems to have worked thankfully.

I'm going out on a limb here and will say the board was probably good. It's the power connector that causes this problem.

Rob

#13 30 days ago

Great! Glad to hear you got it fixed!!

#14 29 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm going out on a limb here and will say the board was probably good. It's the power connector that causes this problem.
Rob

The power connector on the board or the connector on the wires themselves? It’s not strobing any more and the cable was on there good and tight when I removed it from the old board. And what’s the best way to test that?

#15 28 days ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

The power connector on the board or the connector on the wires themselves? It’s not strobing any more and the cable was on there good and tight when I removed it from the old board. And what’s the best way to test that?

The connector on the wires. Is it discolored (yellowish) compared to the other connectors?

Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 11.95
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 24.95
Sale Pending!
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.95
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 170.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 11.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside