7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by simonakapw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images-1.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    on_stage.jpg
    ACDC_Horns.jpg
    Screen.jpg

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Thought this may have been posted by now. If it has and this is a duplicate - sorry! Anyway, looking like AC-DC??

Screen.jpg

#2 7 years ago

I hope they go all out on it and don't repeat the mistakes made on Rolling Stones .

#3 7 years ago

The only thing I can see from that is a lightning bolt randomly off to the right side not even on the playfield. Not sure what that means. Am I missing something on there that screams ac/dc for sure?

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Am I missing something on there that screams ac/dc for sure?

Angus' Devil horns.

#5 7 years ago

A lightning bolt could be a thor shot on an Avengers pin just as easily as it could be AC/DC.

The horns could be Gorgar 2!!!!

#6 7 years ago

Go to http://www.acdc.com/us/home and you see the exact same lightening bolt they have been using forever.

And the devil horns http://acdc.store.livenation.com/Product.aspx?cp=149_2145&pc=DCAM411

All the signs point to AC/DC..

#7 7 years ago

Those horns could mean Thor's helmet as well.

#8 7 years ago

Looks like horns on backbox area, with what looks like four faces. And horns on main playfield. Awesome!

ACDC_Horns.jpg

#9 7 years ago

That's the new album too. Looks just like it really.. I'd love to make more excuses.. but that is some convincing artwork.

It still could be a Metallica Ride the Lightning with the Creeping Death demon from the single and the lightning from Ride the Lightning...

Now I'm just desperately reaching.

#10 7 years ago

Could just be messing with us? Like the dozen or so random 'Alice' images?

#11 7 years ago

AC-DC has been rumored for months now so seems 90% certain.

Hope the artwork does not feature band members as the Stones did.

Will look way cooler without.

#12 7 years ago

Acdc then avengers.

#13 7 years ago

I hope it's not AC/DC. If it is, I might actually be tempted to buy my first NIB pin....

#14 7 years ago

It is

#15 7 years ago

Finally... A new pin that I have zero interest in buying!

#16 7 years ago

Or try this out. Could it be a prank (if that is the correct name for it). Put in at purpose to achieve exactly these rumours and guessing.

What I wanna know is, is that rectangular device atop the main playfield a (huge) second level playfield? It features what looks to be three pop bumpers.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from soren:

second level playfield? It features what looks to be three pop bumpers.

I'm thinking that's the pf backboard - with the row of lights across the top

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I hope it's not AC/DC. If it is, I might actually be tempted to buy my first NIB pin..

On the same page !

Jim

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

With a screen name and avatar like yours, I believe that your statement above is absolutely true .

Jim

#20 7 years ago

If it is, a bonus shot should make a Tesla coil arc up untill the bonus is over. That means a play field toy would have to be a AC to DC transformer powering the Tesla coil. Sounds like fun to me.

Post edited by jrrdw : Typo

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from soren:

What I wanna know is, is that rectangular device atop the main playfield a (huge) second level playfield? It features what looks to be three pop bumpers.

Could be below the playfield.....

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

With a screen name and Avatar like yours, I believe that your statement above is absolutely true .

Jim

If it were a NIN (or maybe Metallica) pin that would be a different story.

#23 7 years ago

The drawing right of center is a vertical diagram of the playfield. It appears to show how the bell is situated and swings. To the upper right of it appears to be a drawing of the bell.

To me, horns, lightning bolt, bell = AC/DC. I could be totally wrong though.

The scuttlebutt on RGP is that there is a lower playfield.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Hah - agreed. I have absolutely no interest in that theme. They don't have the wide appeal that the Stones or Elvis have.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

They don't have the wide appeal that the Stones or Elvis have.

Really ?

#26 7 years ago

You can see the wrecking ball above the bells and the broken yellow wall the the left , maybe the ball breaks through the wall?

Jim

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

system11 said:

They don't have the wide appeal that the Stones or Elvis have.

Really ?

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-artists-of-all-time-19691231/ray-charles-19691231

Stones #4
    Elvis #3
    Bob Dylan #2
    Beatles #1

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

AC/DC is #76 of all time.

Wow, pretty good considering "All time"

#30 7 years ago

They were also the 2nd highest gross tour for 2010 1st was U2 .

Jim

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I am not interested either.Hope SR'S pin is something else!!

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

I am not interested either.Hope SR'S pin is something else!!

I have NEVER been interested in any Stern! This one has my attention and may pull the trigger on a LE?

Jim

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Could just be messing with us? Like the dozen or so random 'Alice' images?

+1, would be my bet.

#34 7 years ago

I think music pins only work when the artists are popular outside their normal genre of fans. As an example, I'm not a huge rock'n roll fan, but I like Elvis. I'm not really a country person but Johnny Cash was superb. Even hardcore metalheads will admit to liking a few Michael Jackson tracks. I don't even know anyone who listens to AC/DC or could name any of their songs, and I grew up while they were in their prime.

Rolling Stones were a safe bet but the game blows, AC/DC would have to be a hell of a game.

#35 7 years ago

Go punch in AC/DC into pandora and see how much different music it plays , why ? Because almost everyone from any genre will like at least one AC/DC song .

Go ahead try it, make a AC/DC radio station, please report back with what you might find .

Jim

#36 7 years ago

I'm not saying they're bad, I'm saying that their music isn't nearly as well identified by the wider crowd as Elvis and the Stones, and that would hurt the appeal of the pin (if indeed it is the next one, and it might not be). Even my 9 year old nephew knows a couple of Elvis tracks.

Actually a Michael Jackson pin would be cool. Have an array of eddy sensors to replicate the pavement special effect in the Billie Jean video. Edit: that would be one of the coolest things ever, I need to patent things before talking about them

#37 7 years ago

AC/DC is next.

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

I'm not saying they're bad

Yes you are ! I want a Elvis pin too .

Jim

#39 7 years ago

AC/DC wouldn't be bad as long as the gameplay is fun.

#40 7 years ago

I like AC/DC. I'd buy it.

#41 7 years ago

The beauty of AC/DC is that if it is a good pin, it appeals to great masses. There are a hoard of AC/DC loyalists, second only to KISS and Rush loyalists, who will buy this machine just because it exists. But so far as the pinheads are concerned, if it is a good design and a fun play, the music is pretty much universally considered to be kick ass. Throw down a nice SR design and rev it up with a little "Back in Black", "Thunderstruck", "You Shook Me All Night", "Dirty Deeds", "Hell's Bells", etc.....and yeah, it could be pretty awesome.

....of course, the same was true with The Rolling Stones, essentially...

#42 7 years ago

There are a hoard of AC/DC loyalists

Quite true gambit!
    However 'Iron Maiden' without a doubt, corners the market on worldwide rabid fandom...
    Just sayin!
    on_stage.jpg
    Screaaam for ME *insert location here*!!!!!

Are you guys sure it's not a new 'Insane Clown Posse' pinball machine???
    They use horns too!

images.jpeg

#43 7 years ago

Iron Maiden has a rabid, loyal fan base. No doubt. But call me when an Iron Maiden album goes 22X platinum, which is where Back in Black currently stands. That equals 49 million copies of one album. Second best selling album of all-time. They have some skins on the wall.

#44 7 years ago

AC/DC is 12th all time with over 99.3 million certified sales of albums, singles (including digital downloads) and videos. That is pretty epic man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

#45 7 years ago

But call me when an Iron Maiden album goes 22X platinum

O.K....

They do have a sweet plane though!

images-1.jpeg

#46 7 years ago

I really hope AC/DC is Steve Ritchie's next pin. However, Ritchie supposedly has stated he is not doing AC/DC (which I hope is not true!). An AC/DC pin has a lot of potential based on theme/songs alone...I will certainly buy one!

#47 7 years ago

I think an Iron Maiden machine would be great, BTW. I also think an old school Metallica (up through ....and Justice for All) would be incredible. Megadeth would work, too. But AC/DC will sell more pins than the others would combined. Sadly, maybe, but it is true.

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

If it were a NIN (or maybe Metallica) pin that would be a different story.

There's a one-off custom Metallica, commissioned by the band. It's a re-theme of Earth Shaker with new art, audio and programming. They also commissioned a game for the Beatniks Car Club along the same lines. I think the the source game for that one was Elvira and the Party Monsters. I played the Metallica game at PPE 2009, but no such luck with Beatniks.

Both were made by Wade Krause, Dirty Donny and Tanio Klyce.

I ran into Wade Krause around a month before PPE and asked him what his latest game was. He said it was called "Spookytown" or something like that.

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

I really hope AC/DC is Steve Ritchie's next pin. However, Ritchie supposedly has stated he is not doing AC/DC (which I hope is not true!). An AC/DC pin has a lot of potential based on theme/songs alone...I will certainly buy one!

Well, he would say that if he wanted it kept secret

95% certain it will be AC-DC.

#50 7 years ago

Guns & Roses No 19 a Data East Pin, ACDC back in Black 49 million Albums worldwide second highest selling album in history!

Would be a worth a shot if I were Stern, could be a great game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 47.00
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    $ 209.99
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 28.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Star Wars Premium Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 234.99
    $ 25.00
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Various Novelties
    Allteksystems
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    € 197.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside