Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Gexchange
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Talked to J.J at GEX, I wanted to get a Prem. He told me stern is doing a production run in Feb for the Prem.

I know its early and code is up in the air , but anyone know if they are cutting anything out of the game or cheapening it up? Or doing some positives with the latest run?

Thanks

#2 11 years ago

I am thnking of buying one as well, I was told it will be exactly the same with no changes.

#3 11 years ago

I was told they are running them in January and will be shipping in February. You never can tell what Stern will do to cheapen things up between runs....thats another roll of the dice.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

but anyone know if they are cutting anything out of the game or cheapening it up?

Why would they do this? The last run of Premiums got BETTER!

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from tomterlec:

I was told it will be exactly the same with no changes

Why would Stern try to cheapen things by now?

#6 11 years ago

Any one know how many games they will make on this run?
I am also curious how many premiums have already been produced?

Also I have never seen a premium in person, besides the cannon anything else seem a little cheesy about the game? Or does have a quality feel to it? I played a standard TF and was let down buy how cheaply built the playfield seemed.

#7 11 years ago

It's how 2013 goals work in business, new year, so the goal is to cost out and substitute to improve profit margins.

Profits, money, achieve goals and stay profitable is the why.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Any one know how many games they will make on this run?
I am also curious how many premiums have already been produced?
Also I have never seen a premium in person, besides the cannon anything else seem a little cheesy about the game? Or does have a quality feel to it? I played a standard TF and was let down buy how cheaply built the playfield seemed.

Pros are cheap(er). My TFLE is way more solid than my ACDC prem. but the ACDC premium doesn't feel cheap one bit.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Talked to J.J at GEX, I wanted to get a Prem. He told me stern is doing a production run in Feb for the Prem.
I know its early and code is up in the air , but anyone know if they are cutting anything out of the game or cheapening it up? Or doing some positives with the latest run?
Thanks

How is the code up in the air?

#10 11 years ago

I'm getting a Pro from this run and I actually prefer getting it from a second production.

The one or two small issues (cannon sticks on a few pins) will be refined by then.

Bring on February!!!!

#11 11 years ago

Mine will be built during this run as well. I'm sticky with anticipation!

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Mine will be built during this run as well. I'm sticky with anticipation!

Congratulations?

#13 11 years ago

Due to popular demand the cloudy window will be coming back!

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

Just means you get a better clearcoat. (:

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Isn't JJ a distributor? Did you consider asking him those questions? Seems like he'd be the best person to answer those questions.

Quoted from playernumber4:

You never can tell what Stern will do to cheapen things up between runs....thats another roll of the dice.

Seriously? The only game that I know of that later got cheaper parts was the last run or two of Spidey. And those changes were known about well in advance. Which games do you feel Stern cheated us on?

Quoted from ninjadoug:

Still missing video modes. Video modes could put this game over the top.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

I don't ever consider code incomplete if it's missing a video mode...

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

Only one of my pins has a video mode, and it's horrible.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Only one of my pins has a video mode, and it's horrible.

One of my pins has TWO video modes!

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

One of my pins has TWO video modes!

THAT'S JUST NOT RIGHT!

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

THAT'S JUST NOT RIGHT!

Yep that does it- Congo's for sale! Please move this to marketplace!

#21 11 years ago

Gary said the new acdc run will be on the new boardset as well. Dunno if thats still the plan or not.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Gary said the new acdc run will be on the new boardset as well. Dunno if thats still the plan or not.

How is the new boardset different?

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Seriously? The only game that I know of that later got cheaper parts was the last run or two of Spidey. And those changes were known about well in advance. Which games do you feel Stern cheated us on?

LOTR and TRON "2D" come to mind.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Isn't JJ a distributor? Did you consider asking him those questions? Seems like he'd be the best person to answer those questions.

How about LOTR? No figurines for example.....

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

I hope you are kidding. If its cloudy again I will cancel my order. Thats why I cancelled my LTBR LE.

#26 11 years ago

I hope you are kidding. If its cloudy again I will cancel my order. Thats why I cancelled my LTBR LE.

I was.

#27 11 years ago

Quoted from Rarehero:

mtp78 said:

but anyone know if they are cutting anything out of the game or cheapening it up?

Why would they do this? The last run of Premiums got BETTER

This is just ridiculous. Why start this kind of talk with zero basis to go on. As mentioned by many folks the clear window is a step in a better direction.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

The list of open items is long....Bell interaction, strobe action, cannon shots choices, video modes, ...

#29 11 years ago

Does anybody know how many were run so far? Anyone comparing serial numbers?

#30 11 years ago

Any one think this run will sell out before production is finished?

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from asnatlas:

Was thinking the same thing, specifically Tron...but personally I don't feel all that slighted to tell the truth. I waited way too late to get my game, paid the idiot tax of a few hundred dollars....

But I got cabinet protectors built on @ factory, LED DMD which I personally think looks great, and the higher-resolution decals which is fine by me.. decals have held up for almost 3 decades on some pins when treated right...not that worried about my long term prospect there, especially as my kids get older!

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

That was a joke. I think the game is awesome as-is. Both versions.

How about LOTR? No figurines for example.....

That too was known in advance. It also had nothing to do with cost cutting.

Quoted from asnatlas:

What was missing on Tron 2D that was advertised as being there?

Quoted from BillP:

The list of open items is long....Bell interaction, strobe action, cannon shots choices, video modes, ...

First off, you quoted someone else and attributed to me. I'd appreciate if you wouldn't do that any more.

What more bell interaction do you want? You can already move it out of the way using a VIP pass. The strobe talk is just that, talk. Where did that get started anyway? The number of cannon targets is fine. People are already having trouble figuring out what to shoot for now. Adding more targets would make it even more confusing. And if any game doesn't need a video mode, it's AC/DC.

Way too much talk about games 'needing more code' here. Try finishing the wiz mode first, then tell us what you think is missing.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

asnatlas said:

Maybe LOTR but TRON 2d. Sorry not the case. Everyone bitched on here for months that they should re run that game even if the 3ds were no longer available. Stern resonded and came up with a nice Translite as well. Plus the Red DMD kicks Arse. Not a step down at all. A solution to re run a game out of production and in some eyes a better one.
As reference TRON was done. ACDC is not. Big difference in ordering materials and developement. Its getting better as current production continues. Clear windo and newer Boards.
Its not a comparison at all.

#35 11 years ago

Spent the

Quoted from PismoArcade:I'm getting a Pro from this run and I actually prefer getting it from a second production.The one or two small issues (cannon sticks on a few pins) will be refined by then.Bring on February!!!!

If you can spare the extra $$$ get the premium far better game with all the extras.

Peter

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

Video modes? Really? Is that what it would take to bump your rating of it up to a 4?

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

Video modes? Really? Is that what it would take to bump your rating of it up to a 4?

Ya... Want video modes? That's what video games are for....

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Spent the

If you can spare the extra $$$ get the premium far better game with all the extras.
Peter

Nah...Not to beat a dead horse, but I've played both and much prefer the Pro. Much faster, no under playfield, etc. I'm going to mod it up, add LEDs and upgrade the speaker.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Nah...Not to beat a dead horse, but I've played both and much prefer the Pro. Much faster, no under playfield, etc. I'm going to mod it up, add LEDs and upgrade the speaker.

Yea...but you gotta look at that Angus face all the time!!!!! FUGLY!!!

#40 11 years ago

What do the Premiums sell for (who has the best price on a NIB ACDC Premium)? If you can't post a price on here, can someone PM me what the lowest prices are and from whom?

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

What do the Premiums sell for (who has the best price on a NIB ACDC Premium)? If you can't post a price on here, can someone PM me what the lowest prices are and from whom?

I've heard from 6200 to 6700... Best I could get was 6500....

#42 11 years ago

Any one think this run will sell out before production is finished?

Stern Is already sold out I'm told.. I'm about half way sold out already. These to are selling quickly.

Busy life in the world of pinball let me tell you!

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Stern Is already sold out I'm told.. I'm about half way sold out already. These to are selling quickly.
Busy life in the world of pinball let me tell you!

Sold out of both?

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Sold out of both?

No AC/DC Prem Stern Is sold out and I'm Half sold out.. I have 1-2 Hulks Left, and I have 10-15 Avengers LE Blue's left. Stern is fully sold out of Avengers LE's

#45 11 years ago

Yea...but you gotta look at that Angus face all the time!!!!! FUGLY!!!

Doesn't bother me... The game's so fast you don't even think about it. A good trade off IMO.

#46 11 years ago

Gexchange - I have tried contacting you about getting an AC/DC Premium from the new run.

Please contact me.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

I'm up to well over 7 now, really liking this Stern

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I've heard from 6200 to 6700... Best I could get was 6500....

Too bad you didn't contact me. I'd be glad to give you a quote.

Mike
http://www.lanesandgamesarcade.com/

#49 11 years ago

So anyone have even a rough guess as to how many Premiums have been produced?

#50 11 years ago

So anyone have even a rough guess as to how many Premiums have been produced?

Enough that LE's should be relegated to trim-only enhancements.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ac-dc-feb-production-run/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.