You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7227 (resized).JPG
20221117_192400 (resized).jpg
D09EE1C6-0E76-4BFB-B8C5-C1609466E1D0 (resized).png
P1010547 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 1 year ago

I owned a Luci Premium, which is the same as BIBLE edition, just unlimited run and different art.

The game is very "beginner friendly" which you may love, OP, getting into modern games. It's only 2 main flippers, and the shots are very open. So if you like the music, at first pass it's a very enticing machine.

The issues arise when you get good at the game. Because there's no mini-wizard modes (think 'boss levels' midway through the game at certain milestones/achievements), and because the main wizard mode can only be reached by like 0.1% of even good players, the question becomes what you're objective really is.

The answer to that question becomes a high score that is more on cashing in on something big and less on game progression. In ACDC this comes down to the Song Jackpot which builds as you hit shots and maybe get to more songs, all in a single ball. Hitting Hell's Bell a bunch increases the playfield multiplier. If you can then build up Song Jackpot, get the playfield multiplier to 3X, and load the cannon to collect Song Jackpot, you'll get more points with one press of the action button than you will if you had played a 30min game without this approach.

Therefore ACDC boils down to a risk-reward game as progression to the wizard mode is pointless. Cashing in Song Jackpot is everything. When I learned this, it was all I did and if I drained with my Song JP increasing, I restarted the game. I then learned this game is actually more like a 1-trick pony. The lower PF doesn't give much points. There's too many songs to complete to get to wizard. All that's left to do is just that one thing if you want a high score.

Once I learned this, it got old, and quick. Probably fun for someone new to modern games, and it's a real looker with a ton of toys (and I think 14 upgrades over the Pro model), but I don't miss mine at all. Spiderman though... that's another story and also great for newer players.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

but I don't miss mine at all. Spiderman though... that's another story and also great for newer players.

Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

If money is no object it's worth owning. If cost factors in I'd say grab a nice Spider Man Red instead for $6k-$7k. It is at least as good.

This guy gets it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ac-dc-back-in-black-edition-thoughts?tu=yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.