(Topic ID: 227515)

AC/DC 2 Issues I Can't Figure out

By guitarjunkee

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I have a couple of issues with my AC/DC and I can't figure out how to fix them. 1. The cannon will sometimes fire by its self when a ball is loaded. 2 the auto shooter looses power during multi ball and won't shoot the balls more then half way up the shooter lane. I thoroughly cleaned all the parts of the cannon and the shooter coil. I replaced the sleeves and checked all solder points. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

#2 5 years ago

The cannon will shoot itself at times if you haven't completed enough shots before hand, say like in the lower play field. Depends on the song playing, and it's objectives on that.
The auto plunger needs adjusted. Mine did that. Take a look at a ball sitting in plunger area and how the kick fork hits it. Mine needed bent together a little bit and works great now.

#3 5 years ago

Mine was just doing that today. It goes about half way forward and shoots. I lifted the play field and pressed all the connections together. The one by the cannon was loose. It seems to fix the issue. I think my shaker makes it loose. Not sure if it will work for no you, but easy to try.

#4 5 years ago

Opto switch, #62 I think, needs to be replaced on the cannon misfire. There is another AC/DC thread with the same issue; it's pretty common and aggravating.

#5 5 years ago

I had seen a post about a light that is shinning under the playfield at the cannon that is causing it to misfire... mine was doing it intermittently.... I move that light and haven’t had a problem since

#6 5 years ago

Shaker motors are cool, but I’m not a fan. Too much trauma to delicate electro-mechanical parts. May not be the issue now, but sometime down the road

#7 5 years ago

For the plunger problem check out this thread...

pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-auto-plunger-is-starting-to-get-weak

#8 5 years ago

I adjusted the shooter forks so they evenly touch the ball and it works perfect now. I can see this is something I’m going to have to stay on top of. I checked switch #62 and it seemed to be fine. I cleaned the switch and bent the light under the playfield a bit, and now the cannon is working as it should. Thank you guys for all your help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 12.95
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ac-dc-2-issues-i-can-t-figure-out?hl=tbachli and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.