Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 229 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

934B57EF-552F-4903-86D9-BE3E432A4159 (resized).png
    8CBF4AC1-0775-40EB-BBB4-D379C84E6ACE.gif
    Keyboard commandos.gif
    04DA4240-C1A2-4B4B-BBD9-1B1FC11F9E4E (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20201231_184528229 (resized).jpg
    05969F5A-388B-4C11-88E0-A6B7419F0ED9 (resized).jpeg
    Let the Hate Flow.png
    BF3689B2-BF92-46C1-9523-47A4BD96D639 (resized).jpeg
    toysrating (resized).png
    5168BF12-AC2F-4403-A3C1-C064798D3E78 (resized).jpeg
    E94AB8F8-EE85-49C1-A898-933DCD69AB8B (resized).png
    31BADAB9-9E73-489A-ACAD-7196BB449B23 (resized).png
    FC93CA11-0D34-4A6B-8D8A-B024454FD023 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I think the highest and lowest scores should be tossed when figuring the average.
    Nothing is perfect and really no modern game deserves to be anything below a 5 or 6.
    There just hasn’t been anything that bad.

I disagree on this because that would just be silly to have a swath of middle-of-the-road modern games clumped together.

Highs and lows have their place. Like some people genuinely hate Baby Pac-Man. Personally it’s one of my top 5 greats. But I understand the hate because the first few times you play it that game is ridiculously brutal. Lots of places have the settings totally wrong so it’s not fun at all.

On the opposite end, some moderns have been incredible. WOZ/JP jump out off the top of my head. They really deserve to stand up taller than their contemporaries.

Quoted from pinballmike150:

"I realize this has been covered before but just had to say the rating should be honest and for fun. I know we all like different. But it’s also clear when a game is being rated just to lower the overall rating."
    I agree with you. It is obvious that some users try to inflate the ratings of new pins that they are trying to flip. 1.0 ratings should never be allowed, as they are bogus. The pinside users that submit these ratings should be banned from pinside. I know they will then just create a new user and give a new sandbag rating. To attempt to solve this, maybe ratings should only be allowed from verified logins.

Not necessarily. It just needs a mystical behind-the-scenes weighting system.
    Some of my ideas would be:
    Respectable, long time Pinsiders ratings should probably be treated with more respect versus the newbie OP shared.
    Post history and possible achievement points also play into rating weights. Comments that are well thought out also give legitimacy to reviews.

Also people USE THE FLAG SYSTEM! Flag bogus reviews.
    However there are some games that suck, AC/DC Pro is so ugly and unfun that I can’t imagine giving it anything more than a 4 on a good day.
    The premium is so much better it’s ridiculous. It’s practically a different game. That ugly big face they put instead of the mini playfield is unbelievably awful.

#41 3 years ago

I do have difficulty justifying games below the 5. Most people probably struggle with this. Anything below 5 feels insulting!

If you reworked it saying 10 is the greatest thing since Flippers were invented be that WPC games/Alien/TBL, and 1 is the worst game ever: El Toro or Big Ben, then perhaps people would conceptualize it and utilize the full scale.

That’s the big reason why a “most favorite” to “least favorite” slider is better than 1-10 because nobody uses all the numbers.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/abuse-of-rating-system-?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.