Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Matesamo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10OutOf10Playfield (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpeg
    BrokenPlayMeterTeachersPetlg (resized).jpg
    35393AD7-80AC-4CE4-AF9F-D58A37B8EFC5 (resized).jpeg
    SlipperyMintyIrrawaddydolphin-size_restricted (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 12.28.44 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 12.29.09 PM (resized).png
    UFH1Du_4Lpc6F1WJ5JNmRAAQoxcNlwqAs_BYu4HQIgI (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191204-110024_Samsung Internet~2 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

When you sell a pin on pinside there are fees associated with using the marketplace.

Someone just bragged they sold 14 pins on pinside, but their sales number is at 0 sold. They just said they sold another today.

Are they abusing pinside? Is there a way to be sure that they contribute the fees like they should?

I want to make sure robin is supported for hosting this great website, and I hate it when someone uses a service incorrectly

Screenshot_20191204-110024_Samsung Internet~2 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191204-110024_Samsung Internet~2 (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

Yeah, that sucks. If you sell through the site pay for the service. Period end of discussion.

#3 4 years ago

All I know is don't post a wanted to buy ad for a Williams Thunderbird.

#4 4 years ago

I think many sell thru the site, and then just click "sold elsewhere"

#5 4 years ago

Sure, it happens all the time. Not sure why as it is only a couple of bucks to support the site.

#6 4 years ago

Another example of "It's always been that way and part of the Pinball Business". A few always ruin it for everyone else, guaranteed.

#7 4 years ago
    UFH1Du_4Lpc6F1WJ5JNmRAAQoxcNlwqAs_BYu4HQIgI (resized).jpgUFH1Du_4Lpc6F1WJ5JNmRAAQoxcNlwqAs_BYu4HQIgI (resized).jpg
    #10 4 years ago

I question the whole way Pinside is set up for fees. If you want to charge someone for listing an ad, then charge them. Why make it a donation? Is it to avoid taxes of some sort because it's a donation instead of a fee?

Also why have a donation for members. If you want to have a member fee, then just charge it.

I'm sure all of it has to do with avoiding taxation, which I'm all for since taxation is theft.

There is something shady on both ends here....

#11 4 years ago

Wow, that got weird very quickly, the whole thing from initial photos to claimed HUO documented, to the replies.

#12 4 years ago

I would support charging just for listing. Maybe lower the cost of listing to compensate.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Wow, that got weird very quickly, the whole thing from initial photos to claimed HUO documented, to the replies.

Got real weird real quick. Not in the market for a Teacher's Pet but hard pass.

#15 4 years ago

If I have a machine listed on Pinside, and it sells somewhere else like Facebook marketplace, I click "sold elsewhere". If the buyer contacted me through Pinside, I always pay the fee. It really is not much money, and Pinside is an effective selling tool! I don't get the cheapasses that think they are cool and skipping the fee.

#16 4 years ago

I thought this was about the Edmonton flipper who just "sold" his jjp pirates and never supports pinside.

#17 4 years ago

That dude has a pattern of starting a thread about his broken game then starts another trying to sell the game as huo. Atlantis was particularly funny. Honestly, I think he’s a nut who has yet to sell anything. Could be wrong.

#18 4 years ago

It’s all on the honor system. Only way to force people to pay is to charge to list the ad. In my mind, if pinside generates a sale, it deserves a commission.

#19 4 years ago

As somebody that pays his fair share here on his sales, I say let's get this guy deleted.
    Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 12.29.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-04 at 12.29.09 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 12.28.44 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-04 at 12.28.44 PM (resized).png
    #20 4 years ago

Yah cheap bastard. Cough up those ad fees.

SlipperyMintyIrrawaddydolphin-size_restricted (resized).pngSlipperyMintyIrrawaddydolphin-size_restricted (resized).png
    #21 4 years ago

The dude got ejected from his own for sale thread! Also how the heck was he so sure that the play counter hadn't rolled over? That is the hill you want to die on? The machine was not in bad condition, but far from any condition that would imply HUO.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from QuietEarp:

The dude got ejected from his own for sale thread!

I love it when that happens.

#23 4 years ago

Maybe he paid the yearly fee thing and figured that was good enough.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Maybe he paid the yearly fee thing and figured that was good enough.

Yeah that yearly fee Thingy. Lol. At the very least that Small contribution would help Pinside which would be nice from all frequent users.

#25 4 years ago

How about ending an ad every few days just to repost it to the top? I find that pretty annoying as well

#26 4 years ago

I just read the thread that sparked this. I love how he said that he sold it and thanks for the free advertising then marked it as closed not sold to avoid paying the Pinside fees. Sheesh, some people's kids.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah that yearly fee Thingy. Lol. At the very least that Small contribution would help Pinside which would be nice from all frequent users.

Just realized my heart had turned grey. Fixed it.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Yeah, that sucks. If you sell through the site pay for the service. Period end of discussion.

This. I always pay. It is bullshit to skip out on paying your fair share. That sentiment seems to be making the rounds these days.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Just realized my heart had turned grey. Fixed it.

Your the Man and a Valuable contributor. We thank you. To your original post like most things in life if support is suggested as an honor system many will opt for just skating by. Sad really as this is a rather valuable site for those in the hobby now and more importantly those in the future when we are long gone. Except LTG, he’ll be here Forever!

#30 4 years ago
    35393AD7-80AC-4CE4-AF9F-D58A37B8EFC5 (resized).jpeg35393AD7-80AC-4CE4-AF9F-D58A37B8EFC5 (resized).jpeg
    #31 4 years ago

For most games it’s what $15? What’s $15 for a site that just helped you sell a game where you brought in a few thousand bucks? Crazy to not pay it.

#32 4 years ago

Some people just can’t help themselves. They are either cheap a$$ or just in it for the money. Same thing with the regional threads. As much as I like them there is always the person posting “I’m thinking of selling x or x game and then a couple days later they say it’s sold but no marketplace ad or donations. I always pay and donate yearly. This site doesn’t run on likes.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from QuietEarp:

The dude got ejected from his own for sale thread! Also how the heck was he so sure that the play counter hadn't rolled over?

You can see clearly through the hole in the plastic that it hasn't been tampered with

BrokenPlayMeterTeachersPetlg (resized).jpgBrokenPlayMeterTeachersPetlg (resized).jpg
    #34 4 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

You can see clearly through the hole in the plastic that it hasn't been tampered with [quoted image]

I was going to post the same image but it was locked down by the time I cropped it.

With bragging about 14 sales and no payment, should be booted from Pinside IMHO.

FYI- Looking at the sellers profile, Undocumented Home Owned / Family Owned seems to be word of the day.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/pinaddict91/market/archived-ads-unsold

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

With bragging about 14 sales and no payment, should be booted from Pinside IMHO.

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
    #36 4 years ago

"10 out of 10 Playfield"! What a joker.

10OutOf10Playfield (resized).jpg10OutOf10Playfield (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/abuse-of-marketplace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.