(Topic ID: 308607)

ABT Manufacturing EM pinball machine circa 1934 +/- --The Archer

By ffontana78

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ABT Pinball (resized).png
    img2 (resized).jpg
    img3 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

Basic questions regarding my ABT Manufacturing EM pinball machine circa 1934 +/-. Play-field shows "The Archer".

The wiring on this unit is in disarray. Some quick research shows this may have been a battery machine???? This unit does have an old ac plug in the mix.

I have not found the exact game but a few very similar. It has a paper reel in the front, similar to this but not exactly, no adjustment dial on the bottom right of mine....

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=113&picno=51818

I can probably 'guess' the wiring as there is not much although some missing.

What was the power source for this? If battery, what voltage? A/c , d/c, do I need a transformer or a dc supply?

Any info would be appreciated. (manual, schematic, etc.)

Thank you,

ffontana78

img3 (resized).jpgimg3 (resized).jpgimg2 (resized).jpgimg2 (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago

drsfmd has some pre-wars like this.
    Some do use batteries. One of his games had a modern power supply converted to supply the proper voltage.

#3 2 years ago

IPDB has very little information on the ABT manufacturing 'Archer'. Feb. 1936. They most likely will want photos of your game for their site. IPDB states that this is a pay out machine.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

drsfmd has some pre-wars like this.
    Some do use batteries. One of his games had a modern power supply converted to supply the proper voltage.

Actually, I’ve converted all of mine, using 6v 5a power supplies from eBay or Ali baba.

Games from this era are really simple- you should be able to rewire the entire game in an hour or two.

#5 2 years ago

Thank you for the replies. I am not an expert.....

The 6 v supply is that a DC supply?

Also, there were a couple small light bulbs with sockets and wiring laying in the bottom. Are these typical with the unit?

Very happy to provide pictures when I get it back together and 'working'.

There is also a small switch mounted on the front under the coin panel. Is this added or suppose to be there?

Here is what I gather from existing wiring. There are a few wires not shown as they were just laying in the bottom of the unit.

Thanks for helping,

ffontana78

ABT Pinball (resized).pngABT Pinball (resized).png
    #6 2 years ago

Yes, DC.

I can’t answer questions specific to this game- I don’t have one.

#7 2 years ago

I was interested in this machine, too… You beat me to it, but saved me 6hrs on the road

This machine should have had a payout mechanism, in addition to the ticker tape. It would have been battery powered originally, using 6v dry cells.

IPDB has a neat ad showing the three playfield options: https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4314&picno=40686

Good luck with your restoration, neat machine!

#8 2 years ago

This Autodart is a year older, but looks like the same construction and has some photos: https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=115

I assumed from the ad that the ticker tape was separate from a nickel payout, but this one shows the ticket as the payout. Looks like maybe it had an audit record along with tickets to the player. Neat!

#9 2 years ago

Thank you for the info. I have a 6v dc supply. Should be mounted and ready to try today. There are 2 light bulbs and a couple crude holes very near the top of the play field. I'll see how they look and decide whether to use them. Front of the machine has some issues with the cabinet and removable panel to coin box. I will try to repair and match best I can.

Thank you

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/abt-manufacturing-em-pinball-machine-circa-1934-the-archer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.