(Topic ID: 139210)

Absent 7 months from here, what did I miss?

By hardware

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ronlisa
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

19.jpg
12.jpg
8.jpg
6.jpg
3.jpg
image.jpg
view.jpg
image.jpg
There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

Wow! Our Hobby was hit pretty hard this year.

I do know about the Jpop and Predator situations which are horrible.

Also I know about JJP obtaining more investors. Good for them!

I'd hate for it to sound like I'm looking for more "bad news", but really just looking to see if any other shocking developments have occurred in the hobby. (GOT doesn't count, lol)

#2 8 years ago

Jflop for one

#4 8 years ago

Spooky is making a Rob Zombie pin. Mixed rumors on how different the playfield is from the lukewarmly received Pinball Zombies playfield.
There are something like 5-6 WOOLY prototypes total now
Full Throttle shipped

#6 8 years ago

Middle truth.

#7 8 years ago

Thunderbirds still hasn't shipped.

#8 8 years ago

The lovers kept on loving.
The haters kept on hating.
The trolls kept on trolling.

Basically you were not that important
Welcome back.

#9 8 years ago

Odin took his ball and went home.....but he came back the next day.

#10 8 years ago

Jared/Bakushan works for Stern now and they unbanned most people from their facebook

Full Throttle is shipping and Aurich's consulting on Alien

Big blowup about pinside being family friendly sparked by a number of notable participants (Bowen Kerins, Molly Atkinson) being driven away. I'd encourage you to review the forum posting sticky thread.

Congo's doubled in price

#11 8 years ago

You missed the voting!

#12 8 years ago

* The birth of 2 new pinball developers (Spooky, Heighway).

* 4 of Hobbit's planned release dates.

* Scary stuff regarding preordering new products from new manufacturers (Predator).

* 18,256 titles changing hands.

* A good new Stern-Kiss, and a bad new Stern-WWE.

* A Pinsider getting totally *&^%ed - as in sending $3,800 for a Transformers LE, and receiving an "it's on it's way!"
(I hope this got sorted out, as the buyer seemed completely in the right). Bad seller was from Indiana.

* Serious growth of our beloved hobby--nationwide, despite some hurdles.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

There are something like 5-6 WOOLY prototypes total now

For clarity 2 original prototypes and now 4 pre-production/ sample/ "creators edition" games (something along those lines but I like the creators edition best).

The final 4 have some polish on them relative to original prototypes 1 and 2; and while having some 3-D printed parts and pre-production parts are really a proof on concept that 3 guys can build a game from parts to finished game in 5 days.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The final 4 have some polish on them relative to original prototypes 1 and 2; and while having some 3-D printed parts and pre-production parts are really a proof on concept that 3 guys can build a game from parts to finished game in 5 days.

Something JPop couldn't accomplish in three years with a million dollars.

#15 8 years ago

Atomicboy is gone. We're still hoping he "pulls an O-din" and comes back.

Beelzeboob is still a dick.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Atomicboy is gone.

I am here all the time and missed this???!!!?? Can I get the cliff notes?

#17 8 years ago

MMR's production is finally picking up speed (although it feels its still just a tad over glacial speed), no news on the 2nd title
Stern announced Game of Thrones, looks like a great layout but horrible playfield and cabinet art
Boobie pictures are frowned upon, this is not a family friendly site
There's still plenty of drama, and topics seem to spiral out of control faster than before
Other than that, what ^ said

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am here all the time and missed this???!!!?? Can I get the cliff notes?

Sad, but entertaining...I actually feel bad for the guy...and for MoP. Pinside bullying at its worst:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-seller-alert-%E2%80%93-ministry-of-pinball

#19 8 years ago

1. aurich works for one of the manufactures now
2. I am considerably more awesome than I was 7 months ago

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Sad, but entertaining...I actually feel bad for the guy...and for MoP. Pinside bullying at its worst:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-seller-alert-%E2%80%93-ministry-of-pinball

come on man you know that fun and rewarding

#21 8 years ago

Dutch Pinball resolved its little distraction and seems to be making decent progress with the production of The Big Lebowski.

I believe we may see some games ship this year. I hope at least 19 ship....

#22 8 years ago

DESW became a $4,900 machine.

(JD, of course, remains at $1,400.)

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Dutch Pinball resolved its little distraction and seems to be making decent progress with the production of The Big Lebowski.
I believe we may see some games ship this year. I hope at least 19 ship....

...said everybody in 2014.

#24 8 years ago

What were you convicted of that only required a 7-month sentence?

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

1. aurich works for one of the manufactures now

Just to be clear, my Alien thing is a one-off project, I'm not a Heighway employee, and will return to my own personal mods and projects for pinball in general after it's done.

#26 8 years ago

Let's see....Stern's next game will be the best ever. TH still hasn't shipped. It's still a bad idea to change bulbs with the power on. It's still a bad idea to buy from MAD if you don't live in the USA. The post office, Paypal, and Ebay all still suck. And if you have to ask, it still is probably a scam. The loonie is in the tank and pins cost too much in Canada. And Australia. Price police are still laying in wait, doing their best to protect the innocent and punish the guilty. The Predator guy took everybody's money and spent it on loose women. The caps key is still broke on Mike Pacak's computer. Next remake is going to be AFM. Or CC. Or MB. For sure. The Pinside Posse is saddling up to go to Indiana to kick a bad guy's ass....he's a wanted man for selling a pin. Twice. Pins are still worth whatever the hell someone is willing to pay for them, and "supply and demand" is still the reason why __________'s sell for so much. And sellers on CL and Ebay are still idiots, fools, stupid, greedy, and they prey on the uninformed masses. Llyod is still a gentleman, with bookoo patience. Nobody has been asking about you.

I think that's about it.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Thunderbirds still hasn't shipped.

Never heard of it, but will look into it.

Quoted from spfxted:

You missed the voting!

For what?

Quoted from gweempose:

Something JPop couldn't accomplish in three years with a million dollars.

I can't be the only person who doubted Jpop releasing anything, but I never predicted he was suffering from schizophrenia (my opinion).

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Atomicboy is gone. We're still hoping he "pulls an O-din" and comes back.
Beelzeboob is still a dick.

I don't remember AtomicBoy. Was he the WestCoastSS/Frank Fuhrter of Pinside?

Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

MMR's production is finally picking up speed (although it feels its still just a tad over glacial speed), no news on the 2nd title

I cancelled my LE Gold back in April through PPS. Took a couple months, but I did receive my deposit. I know they were moving and had a lot going on, never had the feeling they were jerking me around. I simply wasn't a priority which is OK. Reason for canceling? The quality or lack of is not worth my money. The machine was simply not what I expected at that price. I hope MMR owners are truly happy and not just thinking the machine is worth what they paid.

#28 8 years ago

6 months ago, Stern pinball had a promotion where they gave away a free LE of choice to anyone with the word "hard" in their Pinside screen name.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

DESW became a $4,900 machine.
(JD, of course, remains at $1,400.)

An AC/DC Luci did actually sell in NC for $9500 however.

#30 8 years ago

I still cant get to Valinor and Kaneda bought a Hellcat.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

What were you convicted of that only required a 7-month sentence?

Thanks for asking!

I stared flip flopping on my MMR preorder around February. Wasn't feeling good about it. Then I started seeing delivered machines with offset artwork near the start button (which I thought was supposed to be "addressed"), overspray on the cabinet underneath, I'm sure there were other things. I had to face reality that MMR was not going to be the machine I was expecting. I was very disappointed and needed a break from it all.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

6 months ago, Stern pinball had a promotion where they gave away a free LE of choice to anyone with the word "hard" in their Pinside screen name.

Guess I didn't miss anything.

#33 8 years ago

WH2O Foil Topper status?

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Dangit, I knew I shouldn't have changed my screen name from Indyhardpin!!

#36 8 years ago

Same as it ever was.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Let's see....Stern's next game will be the best ever. TH still hasn't shipped. It's still a bad idea to change bulbs with the power on. It's still a bad idea to buy from MAD if you don't live in the USA. The post office, Paypal, and Ebay all still suck. And if you have to ask, it still is probably a scam. The loonie is in the tank and pins cost too much in Canada. And Australia. Price police are still laying in wait, doing their best to protect the innocent and punish the guilty. The Predator guy took everybody's money and spent it on loose women. The caps key is still broke on Mike Pacak's computer. Next remake is going to be AFM. Or CC. Or MB. For sure. The Pinside Posse is saddling up to go to Indiana to kick a bad guy's ass....he's a wanted man for selling a pin. Twice. Pins are still worth whatever the hell someone is willing to pay for them, and "supply and demand" is still the reason why _________'s sell for so much. And sellers on CL and Ebay are still idiots, fools, stupid, greedy, and they prey on the uninformed masses. Llyod is still a gentleman, with bookoo patience. Nobody has been asking about you.
I think that's about it.

Nicely done. Yeah, no-one knows me which is a good thing in my opinion.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Same as it ever was.

I see what you did there.

#39 8 years ago

Your membership in the LTG : ) Fan Club expired.

Please remit $1200.00 immediately so you don't miss any of the excitement.

LTG : )

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

why the hell does he get membership renewal for half price???!!!??? WTF!?

#41 8 years ago

Oh, a shitload of awesome ColorDMDs came out.

#42 8 years ago

I joined pinside!

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

I joined pinside!

Oh, wow. I'm here all the time and I missed that.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh, a shitload of awesome ColorDMDs came out.

Not only that, light was finally shed on MMR color DMD. A huge disappointment and concern turned into oohing and aahing in no time, even Teekee had to admit it looked good (although he quickly pointed out that now it's really different/worse from the original as the graphics are better than DMD dots)

Check out https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-bad-news-on-colorization to be entertained

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

I stared flip flopping on my MMR preorder around February. Wasn't feeling good about it. Then I started seeing delivered machines with offset artwork near the start button (which I thought was supposed to be "addressed"), overspray on the cabinet underneath, I'm sure there were other things. I had to face reality that MMR was not going to be the machine I was expecting. I was very disappointed and needed a break from it all.

In that case, we sure hope you aren't a GOT fan with a preorder in. If so, we won't see you again for a year. . Many of us, especially me, are still in denial about how bad this "can't miss" license appears to have......well, missed.

#46 8 years ago

Generalisimo Fancisco Franco is still dead.

#47 8 years ago

We've been voting for Teds soccer playing niece for the last 7 months.....thank you for all your help..... .......welcome back.........Joey

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Send money now?

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Send money now?

Yes. Unless you want the Whysnow discount. Then send twice as much sooner.

LTG : )™

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Not only that, light was finally shed on MMR color DMD. A huge disappointment and concern turned into oohing and aahing in no time, even Teekee had to admit it looked good (although he quickly pointed out that now it's really different/worse from the original as the graphics are better than DMD dots)
Check out https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-bad-news-on-colorization to be entertained

I think the new "dots" look real nice, but in my opinion it's just to take your attention away from other things that should have been corrected in the first place. Originally there were going to be some easter eggs for LE owners that were unannounced. Some people speculated the Color LCD upgrade and others thought invisiglass. Personally I didn't have any specific expectation. My question is what are those easter eggs? What other unannounced features did LE owners receive once the game was delivered? My guess is nothing "extra" was given to the customers.

Quoted from taz:

In that case, we sure hope you aren't a GOT fan with a preorder in. If so, we won't see you again for a year. . Many of us, especially me, are still in denial about how bad this "can't miss" license appears to have......well, missed.

Honestly man I don't know if I'll ever buy another pinball machine. I have zero interest in that at the moment (and for the past 7 months).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/absent-7-months-from-here-what-did-i-miss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.