• Latest reply 6 years ago by Jodannar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gottlieb - El Dorado 500 point relay (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I adjusted the drop targets today on Abra Cadabra, just moving the mounts (occasional hangup) and for one game it was great. Since then though, i originally had the issue that 500 points (drop target value) was continually registering from the moment the ball was placed in the shooter lane. Assumed I had a drop target switch stuck, looked, no problems. Dropped the play field back down. 500 points no longer registers on the ball being placed into the shooter lane, but now roll-overs and drops don't register score. they register hits.

I don't have a schematic on hand to trace this through, but i am suspecting something may be incorrect with the Q relay as from memory its common between the drops and rollover registers for points.

All sling and pop bumper scoring is correct and registering.
Machine correctly re-zeros on new ball

#2 6 years ago

most likely the 100pt scoring relay is locked on in the head (stuck pf switch). Manually operate the 10pt 100pt 1000pt relays to see if they advance the reels etc.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

I don't have a schematic on hand to trace this through

Get one.

#4 6 years ago

Its on order. Things don't appear overnight in Australia from the US.

#5 6 years ago

Advancing the score relays in the head manually works correctly.
Have noticed that the 500 point relay g locks on. All the playfield and drop target switches for it don’t seem stuck closed though

#6 6 years ago

Advance bonus relay locks on also after rollovers have been triggers.So confused

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Have noticed that the 500 point relay g locks on. All the playfield and drop target switches for it don’t seem stuck closed though

The 500 point relay locks on (and stays on?) after hitting a 500 point target, or locks on without doing anything?

The 500 point relay needs to lock on for an entire 120 degree score motor cycle so that the 100 point relay can fire five times. If the 500 point relay fires when it should but doesn't let go, it could be because it's holder circuit has a fault. I don't have an Abra Cadabra schematic, but on El Dorado for example the D/500 point relay has a switch that closes when the D/500 point relay fires and keeps it active until Score Motor 2C switch opens and lets the relay relax.

Gottlieb - El Dorado 500 point relay (resized).jpgGottlieb - El Dorado 500 point relay (resized).jpg

The Score Motor 2C switch opens at the very end of the 120 degree score motor cycle, after the 100 point relay has fired five times. It could be that your Score Motor 2C switch isn't opening which would keep the 500 point relay locked on.

/Mark

#8 6 years ago

The 500 point relay does nothing when hitting a 500 point target and the ball trough won’t register end of ball reliably.

10s hundreds and thousands work fine by themselves

#9 6 years ago

Adjust the ball trough switch to remove the flakiness when registering played balls. The 500 point issue is next,and it can be maddening before resolution.

#10 6 years ago

Trough registers fine if the drops or rollovers aren't triggered. So strange. only doesn't end the ball if you've clicked one over.
The switch is clean and gapped correctly. It registers 95% of the time, only time it doesn't register is when a rollover , usually the 3, has been triggered before.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/abra-cadabra-no-score-of-drop-targets-or-rollovers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.