• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9528 (resized).jpg
IMG_9531 (resized).jpg
IMG_9513 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Playdium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Occasionally, scoring will stop after a rollover is energized. When this occurs the out hole kicker doesn't energize, nor do the pop bumpers score. Flippers work, play field stays illuminated as well as back glass.
The roll over relays do energize and the pop bumpers kick.
By raising the play field and manually energizing the "O" Ball Return Relay, this will clear the issue.
However I can never get this condition to come in with the play field raised. Could be a coincidence, but I really aren't sure.

Any help?

#3 6 years ago

Not sure how to pursue this. Are you saying the contact for 1C is not gapped properly? Attached is the portion of the schematic.

IMG_9513 (resized).jpgIMG_9513 (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

I did check the switch contact at 1C, (BL-BLK). It did need to be a little more snug at point of contact. I removed the score motor assembly when I went through this machine. Polished the assembly and cleaned and re-gapped all switches. The motor itself was shot due to a badly worn fiber gear. Got a replacement from Steve.
The machine performed great for a day or two, then the loss of power began. I have since been playing it with no further problems. Thanks to you guys for your suggestions.
I also did a complete breakdown of all of the lower board relays. Disassembled them and put the plastics in the ultrasonic, hand polished the relay brackets. Lots of time went into that, but the end result is rewarding.
I saw a video on this and that's what gave me the idea. Was is "newmantjn"s video?

#11 6 years ago

Here are some pics. Still chasing a "gremlin" on the lamp power that feeds the "AS" relay. Pop Bumpers and Target Lamps are not lighting at times. Checked the "AS" switch and can manually advance it to illuminate those lamps, but sometimes during game play they don't. Cleaned and gapped contacts on the "AS" as well as the contact plate. Possibly a score motor contact...

IMG_9531 (resized).jpgIMG_9531 (resized).jpg

IMG_9528 (resized).jpgIMG_9528 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Playdium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/abra-ca-dabra-scoring-stops-during-game?tu=Playdium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.