New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 261229)

Abra Ca Dabra - Pop Bumpers won't score ten points

By ChipS

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by ChipS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 8 months ago

I recently acquired a Gottlieb Abra Ca Dabra. I've gotten most of the bugs worked out except one: On five-ball play, the pop bumpers are supposed to score 10 points when unlit and 1,000 points when lit. But on my game, the pop bumpers score 100 when unlit. (They do score 1,000 when lit.)

I know that on three-ball play the pops are supposed to score 100 points when unlit - and mine do. The only issue is the five-ball games, where they score 100 instead of 10 when not lit.

NOTE: There is no problem with 10-point scoring. The slingshots all score ten points when hit. Also, I cleaned the I-relay and that seems to be working fine, advancing the target light and alternating the lighting of the pop bumpers. It is only the scoring that is the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 8 months ago

The schematic says that the Right&Left Pop Bumper relay (B) should score 100 (M relay) or 1000 (L relay) and never 10 (N relay)

pasted_image (resized).png
#3 8 months ago

HowardR - thanks for pointing that out! I had read several threads about the Abra Ca Dabra pop bumpers and the "I Target Bank Spot Relay" and had misunderstood. One thread said the pops are lit by a contact on the I "Target Bank Spot Relay" relay mounted under the playfield. Lights should alternate on/off when I is advanced.

3 Ball setting: 100 (M) and 1000(N) point relay advance I.
5 Ball game: 10(L) and 1000(N) point relays advance the unit.

I took that to mean that on a five-ball game, the pops alternated scoring either 10 or 1,000, but it's those relays that simply advance the unit. I guess that makes it easier on 3-ball play because the pop would light on every other hit, whereas on five-ball play you would have to hit a slingshot to re-light the pop bumper for 1,000.

Thanks again for your help!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 49.00
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Creo Pinball
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 13.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 64.00
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods
$ 6,295.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 3.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 41.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside