• Latest reply 4 years ago by ChipS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

I recently acquired a Gottlieb Abra Ca Dabra. I've gotten most of the bugs worked out except one: On five-ball play, the pop bumpers are supposed to score 10 points when unlit and 1,000 points when lit. But on my game, the pop bumpers score 100 when unlit. (They do score 1,000 when lit.)

I know that on three-ball play the pops are supposed to score 100 points when unlit - and mine do. The only issue is the five-ball games, where they score 100 instead of 10 when not lit.

NOTE: There is no problem with 10-point scoring. The slingshots all score ten points when hit. Also, I cleaned the I-relay and that seems to be working fine, advancing the target light and alternating the lighting of the pop bumpers. It is only the scoring that is the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 4 years ago

The schematic says that the Right&Left Pop Bumper relay (B) should score 100 (M relay) or 1000 (L relay) and never 10 (N relay)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 4 years ago

HowardR - thanks for pointing that out! I had read several threads about the Abra Ca Dabra pop bumpers and the "I Target Bank Spot Relay" and had misunderstood. One thread said the pops are lit by a contact on the I "Target Bank Spot Relay" relay mounted under the playfield. Lights should alternate on/off when I is advanced.

3 Ball setting: 100 (M) and 1000(N) point relay advance I.
5 Ball game: 10(L) and 1000(N) point relays advance the unit.

I took that to mean that on a five-ball game, the pops alternated scoring either 10 or 1,000, but it's those relays that simply advance the unit. I guess that makes it easier on 3-ball play because the pop would light on every other hit, whereas on five-ball play you would have to hit a slingshot to re-light the pop bumper for 1,000.

Thanks again for your help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/abra-ca-dabra-pop-bumpers-won-t-score-ten-points?hl=chips and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.