(Topic ID: 78637)

Abra Ca Dabra on Ebay. Price seems insane??

By smellytongues

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by EM-PINMAN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smellytongues.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

This Abra Ca Dabra EM was recently posted on Ebay. I've been looking for one but this seems like an insane price. I was wondering if I'm correct or if people think I'm wrong and this is the going rate. I thought these were more like $500 - $600...not $1699. From the description and picture it's hard to get a real sense of the condition and/or if it works.

ebay.com link: ABRA CA DABRA PINBALL MACHINE NICE

I've been looking for an Abra Ca Dabra for a while now. I'm hoping this isn't the going rate.

#4 10 years ago

I want one pretty bad but not THAT bad. If I find two for $500 each I will let you know. Gotta get one for myself first.

#14 10 years ago

I actually really like the artwork and that's the reason I want one. I've never played it but it looks great. I'll keep looking...maybe one will come around in my price range. I don't mind a project machine. I'm working on a William's Suspense and a Gottlieb Target Alpha now (my only 2 machines).
I agree about the pics and description on this ebay listing. It's like the guy couldn't even be bothered but for some reason thinks it's worth a lot more than it is. It's really hard to determine condition in those pics and he doesn't even say if it's playable.

#27 10 years ago

I am in southeast Michigan.

#30 10 years ago

Doesn't mean I wouldn't make the drive. Getting that idea by the wife...that's a different story.
I am down near Peoria, Illinois a couple times a year visiting my wife's family though. That's at least closer but I'm sure it will be gone before I'm down that way again. Oh well...the hunt is part of the fun.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Clawhammer:

I've learned to avoid any product on the internet advertised by a run-on sentence with no punctuation.

This seems like sound advice.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Next time you're visiting your wife's family send me a pm and stop by and play my Abra Ca Dabra and about 12 others I have set up right now. My Abra isn't for sale though ) I'm about 20 minutes from Peoria.
I think around $800 is a fair price for an Abra right now.

Sounds great! I'll let you know. I would love to play one. Her mom is in Elmwood, Illinois.

#40 10 years ago

When I discovered Abra, I was looking for games with a wizard/magic theme. I really liked the artwork (not everyone does but I do) so I decided I wanted one. Now I find out everyone seems to want one. I'm sure I'll come across one sooner or later...hopefully sooner.

#42 10 years ago

That does look like a fun/fast game. Thanks!

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

How did you get a smelly tongue and a bent nose?
Just wondering.
Fortunately, there was 2825 Abra Ca Dabra machines made, so if you're patient, I think you'll locate one in good condition for a fair price that is not terribly far away from where you are at.

Good to know. I got time.
Smelly tongues and bent noses. Ha!
Smelly tongues is actually a reference to this:

and my pic (at least at the moment) is one of my favorite authors, Algernon Blackwood:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algernon_Blackwood

#50 10 years ago

well...that post formatted kinda weird...sorry.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

This same Abra is also listed on CL with some slightly better pics:
chattanooga.craigslist.org link
No price though. Does seem pretty promising condition-wise.

Ha! That's actually the same one. The 3rd pic on CL and the main Ebay pic are the same.

#54 10 years ago

It's back up for $450. It's just too far from me...unfortunately, the wife would kill me. One will turn up closer at some point. Someone should grab it though.

ebay.com link: ABRA CA DABRA PINBALL MACHINE NICE

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smellytongues.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/abra-ca-dabra-on-ebay-price-seems-insane?tu=smellytongues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.