(Topic ID: 78637)

Abra Ca Dabra on Ebay. Price seems insane??

By smellytongues

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by EM-PINMAN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

This Abra Ca Dabra EM was recently posted on Ebay. I've been looking for one but this seems like an insane price. I was wondering if I'm correct or if people think I'm wrong and this is the going rate. I thought these were more like $500 - $600...not $1699. From the description and picture it's hard to get a real sense of the condition and/or if it works.

ebay.com link: ABRA CA DABRA PINBALL MACHINE NICE

I've been looking for an Abra Ca Dabra for a while now. I'm hoping this isn't the going rate.

#2 10 years ago

Can you say RETAIL?
$500-$600 would be the right price to pay for a collectors game on here but on EPay? Retail all the way baby...How bad do you want one?

#3 10 years ago

There were a few at Allentown for $800 ish. You find one for $500...let me know !

#4 10 years ago

I want one pretty bad but not THAT bad. If I find two for $500 each I will let you know. Gotta get one for myself first.

#5 10 years ago

I got mine for $400 on Ebay. After some restoration it ended up being really really nice. Sometimes Ebay has some good deals. Just have to keep checking everyday, best of luck.

Played "Team One" recently which is almost the exact same game with a few difference. Really enjoy Abra's artwork, won't ever sell it. It has also inspired me to get a few more wedge heads in the future.

#6 10 years ago

Really??? I think the description says it all:

Machine light up and work has some scratches on the face of it don't have key sold as is dont know a lot it

Not exactly the brightest bulb. I think the price reflects the mental capacity of the current owner.

#7 10 years ago

Is he kidding with those "pictures" ???

#8 10 years ago

I paid 950 for mine. It was about 150 too high but there was no shipping involved. Also living in Dallas, TX I can't be choosy. If I hadn't bought it then there would of been 5 people lined up behind me for it. Mine is not going anywhere unless I end up trading it for a 60's one player wedgehead.

#9 10 years ago

There was one in Iowa on EBAY about 1 month ago for a couple hundred bucks. Just some old guy trying to get rid of it. I was thinking of buying it just cause the Backglass looked Mint. Might want to look it up under COMPLETED Listings to see if it sold or not.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Mine is not going anywhere unless I end up trading it for a 60's one player wedgehead.

If you do decide to get rid of it in the near future Dan let me know. Pretty soon it will be easy money for me to take a drive from San Antonio to Plano.

Ken

#11 10 years ago

I would like to straight up trade my Abra-Ca-Dabra and Card Whiz for some more 60's Wedgeheads. (Look at my want list) Not likely going to happen. I had a chance to trade Abra + 400 cash for a really nice (local) Central Park and I snoozed on it too much. He sold it the day before I got back to him. (URGH) I could just do 2500 for the pair. I think Abra is worth 800 firm and Card Whiz is like 1800-2000. If I could get 2500 then I could get a few 60's machines or one really nice Kings and Queens or Buckaroo with shipping. Selling Abra by itself would be getting rid of people's favorite machine in my house. The 800 dollars would not get me much considering the pins I want are like 1300-2500 ish. The reason I am asking 1800-2000 range for the Card Whiz is because it is a Bob Borden restoration. Definitely not worth the 2900 I paid for it, but it is not you average 800-1000 dollar machine either.

#12 10 years ago

it makes me scratch my head when people try to sell something and use pictures like that???
AcD was a sleeper until a year or two ago. then Bang! everyone wanted one and the price went up.
800 for a nice one is about right
i think it is a top 5 3" wedgehead imo

#13 10 years ago

Average EM machine with less than stellar artwork. $500-$600 tops.

#14 10 years ago

I actually really like the artwork and that's the reason I want one. I've never played it but it looks great. I'll keep looking...maybe one will come around in my price range. I don't mind a project machine. I'm working on a William's Suspense and a Gottlieb Target Alpha now (my only 2 machines).
I agree about the pics and description on this ebay listing. It's like the guy couldn't even be bothered but for some reason thinks it's worth a lot more than it is. It's really hard to determine condition in those pics and he doesn't even say if it's playable.

#15 10 years ago

Well the Abra-Ca-Dabra is sold. I had an offer I couldn't refuse. The Card Whiz is still for sale. Here is a link to pictures of it. It will need some slight fiddling with the bonus relay. It likes to sometimes skip over a bonus score.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-getting-a-card-whiz

#16 10 years ago

Never trust a product description that reads "Machine light up and work has some scratches on the face of it don't have key sold as is dont know a lot it "
Also, can't imagine paying over 1k for an EM unless it was collector+ condition.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Well the Abra-Ca-Dabra is sold. I had an offer I couldn't refuse.

Another happy ending! Somewhere I heard you may be looking for a Buckaroo. Hmmm.........

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Is he kidding with those "pictures" ???

Wheres my coke bottle glasses?

#19 10 years ago

I am Brian. I can't afford it until I sell the Card Whiz.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Well the Abra-Ca-Dabra is sold. I had an offer I couldn't refuse. The Card Whiz is still for sale. Here is a link to pictures of it. It will need some slight fiddling with the bonus relay. It likes to sometimes skip over a bonus score.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-getting-a-card-whiz

Congrats on the sale

#21 10 years ago

Shoot the seller an email, make an offer.. you never know.. If you can find completed listings for the same machine, or ads somewhere with a price more in line where it should be, maybe he will work with you.. plus it seems like his is probably not working..

#22 10 years ago

I recently played an absolutely pristine Team One, a few weeks ago...

I gotta say what a great game...

I like Ad-a=Ball games to boot...

Abra is a better lookin pin, but i don't hate the team one artwork, it fits an EM appearance...

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I would like to straight up trade my Abra-Ca-Dabra and Card Whiz for some more 60's Wedgeheads. (Look at my want list) Not likely going to happen. I had a chance to trade Abra + 400 cash for a really nice (local) Central Park and I snoozed on it too much. He sold it the day before I got back to him. (URGH) I could just do 2500 for the pair. I think Abra is worth 800 firm and Card Whiz is like 1800-2000. If I could get 2500 then I could get a few 60's machines or one really nice Kings and Queens or Buckaroo with shipping. Selling Abra by itself would be getting rid of people's favorite machine in my house. The 800 dollars would not get me much considering the pins I want are like 1300-2500 ish. The reason I am asking 1800-2000 range for the Card Whiz is because it is a Bob Borden restoration. Definitely not worth the 2900 I paid for it, but it is not you average 800-1000 dollar machine either.

I am in a similar position in that I love the playability of the 70's games but realizing 60's Gottlieb's just have so much going for them - artwork plus a replay factor off the scale!

#24 10 years ago

Paid $850.- for mine and thought it was "rich" at the time. Now... It seems like a fair price for a great game in solid condition. Kind of like when I paid $750.- for my Skateball a few years ago. I can't imagine my collection without it.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

I recently played an absolutely pristine Team One, a few weeks ago...
I gotta say what a great game...
I like Ad-a=Ball games to boot...
Abra is a better lookin pin, but i don't hate the team one artwork, it fits an EM appearance...

I owned a beautiful Team One about 10 years ago. Loved the gameplay - couldn't handle the artwork and sold it. If it had Abra Ca Dabra artwork I would still have it.

Mike O.
Team-EM

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from smellytongues:

I've been looking for an Abra Ca Dabra for a while now. I'm hoping this isn't the going rate

I know of one in St Louis, where are you located?

#27 10 years ago

I am in southeast Michigan.

#28 10 years ago

Gotcha. Too far

#29 10 years ago

In my opinion, it is hard to find a restored or properly maintained Gottlieb EM Machine in North Texas for less than $700. When you do find one, it's like winning the lottery.

That's what makes collecting EMs so much fun, IMHO. The hunt for the rare game coupled with the great rulesets just adds to the fun.

Marcus

#30 10 years ago

Doesn't mean I wouldn't make the drive. Getting that idea by the wife...that's a different story.
I am down near Peoria, Illinois a couple times a year visiting my wife's family though. That's at least closer but I'm sure it will be gone before I'm down that way again. Oh well...the hunt is part of the fun.

#31 10 years ago

L

This Abra Ca Dabra EM was recently posted on Ebay. I've been looking for one but this seems like an insane price. I was wondering if I'm correct or if people think I'm wrong and this is the going rate. I thought these were more like $500 - $600...not $1699. From the description and picture it's hard to get a real sense of the condition and/or if it works.

ebay.com link » Abra Ca Dabra Pinball Machine Nice

I've been looking for an Abra Ca Dabra for a while now. I'm hoping this isn't the going rate.

Looks like he lowered the starting bid to $999

#32 10 years ago

Doesn't mean I wouldn't make the drive. Getting that idea by the wife...that's a different story.
I am down near Peoria, Illinois a couple times a year visiting my wife's family though. That's at least closer but I'm sure it will be gone before I'm down that way again. Oh well...the hunt is part of the fun.

Next time you're visiting your wife's family send me a pm and stop by and play my Abra Ca Dabra and about 12 others I have set up right now. My Abra isn't for sale though ) I'm about 20 minutes from Peoria.

I think around $800 is a fair price for an Abra right now.

#33 10 years ago

I've learned to avoid any product on the internet advertised by a run-on sentence with no punctuation.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Clawhammer:

I've learned to avoid any product on the internet advertised by a run-on sentence with no punctuation.

This seems like sound advice.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Next time you're visiting your wife's family send me a pm and stop by and play my Abra Ca Dabra and about 12 others I have set up right now. My Abra isn't for sale though ) I'm about 20 minutes from Peoria.
I think around $800 is a fair price for an Abra right now.

Sounds great! I'll let you know. I would love to play one. Her mom is in Elmwood, Illinois.

#36 10 years ago

Sounds great! I'll let you know. I would love to play one. Her mom is in Elmwood, Illinois.

Elmwood is about 15 minutes from Trivoli. Small world.

#37 10 years ago

I paid $700 for my Abra-Ca-Dabra a few months ago. It was in decent shape and working when I bought it. It came from the home of an older couple who had two pins that had been in their home for close to 30 years that they had bought for their kids. Rat_Tomago helped me move it down the stairs and get it loaded in my truck. It was not long after that when he bought his Abra-Ca-Dabra. Since I got mine I have bought a repro backglass since mine was flaking bad on the wizard's robe. All of the inserts need to be reglued and leveled since they are all loose and it needs some minor touchup and clearcoat. I am about to order repro plastics to replace the usual broken slings and top center plastic. It is a very fun game and it will be sticking around for a long time in my collection. It is kind of funny that everytime someone picks up a new game in our area, suddenly there are several others that show up in the DFW area... It has happened with Abra-Ca-Dabra, Star Gazer, Slick Chick and a few other older games...

-- Shawn

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from DallasPinball:

It is kind of funny that everytime someone picks up a new game in our area, suddenly there are several others that show up in the DFW area... It has happened with Abra-Ca-Dabra, Star Gazer, Slick Chick and a few other older games...

I know right?!!

When people ask me what I want next I should tell them "Spanish Eyes" to throw people off the real pin I want. I get a title and all of a sudden "Bam" it is title of the month.

#39 10 years ago

Me thinks Rat wants games like Central Park, Crosstown, Skyline, Kings and Queens, etc.. Bam!

#40 10 years ago

When I discovered Abra, I was looking for games with a wizard/magic theme. I really liked the artwork (not everyone does but I do) so I decided I wanted one. Now I find out everyone seems to want one. I'm sure I'll come across one sooner or later...hopefully sooner.

#41 10 years ago

Spanish eyes is a great player imo take a look.

#42 10 years ago

That does look like a fun/fast game. Thanks!

#43 10 years ago

When I discovered Abra, I was looking for games with a wizard/magic theme. I really liked the artwork (not everyone does but I do) so I decided I wanted one. Now I find out everyone seems to want one. I'm sure I'll come across one sooner or later...hopefully sooner.

One nice thing about Abra's is most of the playfields I've seen have been pretty good. There are finally reproduction backglasses available through Ron Webb if you need one. The cabinets I've seen are usually pretty good too. Be patient and wait for a good one to show up. Michigan is a good state to pick up em's.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

When people ask me what I want next I should tell them "Spanish Eyes" to throw people off the real pin I want.

Quoted from hoov:

Me thinks Rat wants games like Central Park, Crosstown, Skyline, Kings and Queens, etc.. Bam!

I believe you are right! Maybe even a Buckaroo? I also prefer Gottlieb machines from the 60's over most of the ones from the 70s, as I do with Williams. I just think for the most part the art packages were more stylish, and the gameplay more challenging. Gottlieb definitely had a thing for drop targets in the 70s, while Williams went more for speed.

#45 10 years ago

I think a lot of us are wanting an Abra for not only the artwork but the gameplay. Very challenging to get special lit on this game.

#46 10 years ago

How did you get a smelly tongue and a bent nose?
Just wondering.

Fortunately, there was 2825 Abra Ca Dabra machines made, so if you're patient, I think you'll locate one in good condition for a fair price that is not terribly far away from where you are at.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Just wondering.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Just wondering.
Fortunately, there was 2825 Abra Ca Dabra machines made, so if you're patient, I think you'll locate one in good condition for a fair price that is not terribly far away from where you are at.

Good to know. I got time.
Smelly tongues and bent noses. Ha!
Smelly tongues is actually a reference to this:

and my pic (at least at the moment) is one of my favorite authors, Algernon Blackwood:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algernon_Blackwood

#50 10 years ago

well...that post formatted kinda weird...sorry.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/abra-ca-dabra-on-ebay-price-seems-insane/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.