Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pinhead52
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

My Gottlieb Abra Ca Dabra starts each game with 4,000 bonus points as default, it's supposed to start at 1,000 and scale up to 5,000. Nice unfair advantage but I want the machine to play as it should. Any ideas on how to fix? I'm new to a lot of EM stuff but eager to solve my own problems. Any advise is appreciated.

#2 3 years ago

If it's resetting back to 4K as a default, then I think the switches that make it reset are working. I'll bet you have a mechanical problem with the rotating disc with the contacts on it not rotating back all the way to the starting point. It's probably just rotating back one position, from 5K to 4K. Have you looked closely at the bonus stepper? Watch it move when you restart a game and see how it's moving, try to understand how it should be moving. My guess is that it's not moving far enough back during reset due to a physical blockage or just being gummed up and not being able to move freely.

#3 3 years ago

If it does reset back to its start then the wiper is miss-adjusted. But probably gunked up as suggested.

its the widget directly behind the chime unit. feel free to activate each solinoid by hand to check operation... step up and then reset where it should fly back to 1000 at start. see pic below
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2&picno=27511

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/abra-ca-dabra-bonus-value-problem?hl=paulace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.