redeye (resized).jpg
screwed (resized).jpg
acd-angle (resized).jpg
IMG_2886 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2875 (resized).jpeg
ACD Other Side (resized).jpeg
20230418_162241 (resized).jpg
Repro (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calla76759.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 years ago

This looks like a great project. It’s great how you throttle your approach depending on the game. There’s an Abra in my area in decent condition- tempting, but I just threw down for a Melody and need to lock off the classifieds for a while. Leckmeck, what’s your philosophy on painting the inside of the cabinet? I’m trying to decide whether my upcoming 2001 paint job should extend to the inner cab, particularly the portions of the sidewalls visible above the playfield. Right now I think it looks fine, so I’m leaning toward leaving that part original.

1 month later
#25 3 years ago

Nice light touch on the stencils. And way to go correcting the mirroring error. A few passes and *abra ca dabra*!

Do you plan to clear coat the whole cabinet when done w the touch-ups?

This airbrush work is like a QB sneak compared to a full repaint. Looking forward to what’s next!

#28 3 years ago

Bummer. Sure is a close call, though. One could always use those plastic leg protectors to pad the footprint of the legs a bit. But I say that knowing full well that the rest of your collection doesn’t use those, and that you would never settle for such half-assery.

#29 3 years ago

Regarding the number of passes it took to get coverage: I have been re-reading vid’s guides and he seems polemically opposed to craft paints, favoring createx airbrush paints instead because they have better pigment/coverage. Have you explored that route? I know you tend to buy a near-match craft paint and tune it for your application, which is the Clay approach. Vid’s approach is somewhat scary because it requires mixing with basic primary colors. My paint matching skills are probably at a 2nd-grade level. Anyway curious to see what you think.

1 year later
#58 2 years ago

Leckmeck, do you routinely use LEDs behind the backglass on wedgeheads? Or is that just a precaution on this machine given the triple thick issue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calla76759.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/abra-ca-dabra-3?tu=calla76759 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.