Aged Label (resized).jpg
IMG_8312 (resized).JPG
IMG_8309 (resized).JPG
Coin Door (resized).jpg
13b9b1f9900139b5 (resized).jpg
IMG_8278 (resized).JPG
IMG_8277 (resized).JPG
IMG_8276 (resized).JPG

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 months ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

Lately I’ve been using this.
[quoted image]

Are you spraying in your own gun? I know a few other folks do that. Also, are you encountering color shifts especially yellowing from reaction with the original lacquer....I wonder if the driers in the spray cans are creating that.....

#52 3 months ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Are you spraying in your own gun? I know a few other folks do that. Also, are you encountering color shifts especially yellowing from reaction with the original lacquer....I wonder if the driers in the spray cans are creating that.....

For this cabinet I’m actually spraying from their rattle cans. Never had any color-shifting with the original lacquer, but I usually lay down a couple of light coats before going heavier. Maybe that helps?

#53 3 months ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

For this cabinet I’m actually spraying from their rattle cans. Never had any color-shifting with the original lacquer, but I usually lay down a couple of light coats before going heavier. Maybe that helps?

I was thinking more on playfields, but cabinets as well. So what equipment do you use? Would think your airbrush would be too small for large areas?

#54 3 months ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

I was thinking more on playfields, but cabinets as well. So what equipment do you use? Would think your airbrush would be too small for large areas?

I have used my airbrush with Varathane to do smaller areas—like the pedestal—but you’re right: it’s awful for coverage. That’s when I break out the rattle cans.

How do you apply Varathane to playfields? Blast Off is super smooth.

#55 3 months ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

I have used my airbrush with Varathane to do smaller areas—like the pedestal—but you’re right: it’s awful for coverage. That’s when I break out the rattle cans.
How do you apply Varathane to playfields? Blast Off is super smooth.

Rattle cans. Just lots of detailed sanding between coats. Lat coat is allowed to cure 2-3 weeks, then sanded to at least 1000 then novus 2 by hand.

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside