• Latest reply 4 years ago by woz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Volley10K (resized).jpg
Abra10K (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider The-Who.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I picked up an Abra Ca Dabra on Monday and got the match system and half-moon replay counter working with help from great sites like this.

I’ve been playing and have thought, “Man, this thing is tough to beat on score” and this morning I realized why. The 10,000 digit does not rollover all the time. I was just playing with a score of 19,000 and when I looked up as approaching 20,000 the 1000 digit changed to 0, but the 10,000 digit stayed at 1. As I continued to play it did rollover to 20,000 the next time though. It can happen at any 10,000 score level, not every time, but just enough to make it nearly unbeatable.

I’m not a technician or schematics whiz, so any detailed suggestions would be appreciated.

On a side note, what is the randomness on the 1000 point bumper? Mine light up and score, but sometimes they seem to stay on for extended periods, as compared to other times when you hit them for 1000 and they go out

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Pop-bumper randomness is correct. Also changes depending whether on 3 or 5 ball game.
Re 10,000 unit not incrementing: check the 9th position switch on the Thousands Unit and L relay contacts.

Came home from work and cleaned up the L relay contacts and it’s working normally. I’m not a tech by any means, but I do follow directions well. Guys like you and DaMoib are a credit to the hobby. Thank you both!

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from DaMoib:

I've also had the opposite... "Man, this thing is easy, I must be good!". The 1000's 9th position switch was continuously closed...

Thank you to you and @woz. Everything working normally now after clean L unit.
You a both are both a credit to the hobby.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider The-Who.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/abra-ca-dabra-10000-digit?tu=The-Who and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.