Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Peanuts
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

194779_1_m (resized).jpg
    20190806_221616 (resized).jpg
    20190806_221509 (resized).jpg
    dogs-playing-poker-a-friend-in-need-painting-tapestries (resized).jpg
    470F8AB4-939F-4989-B54C-49999FED0024.gif
    Funny-Baby-Smoking-Gif.gif
    unnamed (1).jpg
    wrong_door.gif
    me (resized).jpg
    oldpinguy (resized).jpg
    pin (resized).jpg
    f7323ac6f98de100c64fc95d0a7d7560 (resized).jpg
    20190803_164313 (resized).jpg
    dogcigar (resized).jpg
    5524BA32-0677-4BDA-AA2D-4CC05CFE604D (resized).jpeg
    jk1 (resized).png
    There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago

I can't even explain how my avatar got to what it is.....

relationship_its-complicated.pngrelationship_its-complicated.png
    #52 4 years ago

My nickname is Hobbit ...I grew up reading the books and played Bilbo in a high school play version of the book, the nickname stuck. Unfortunately there are not a lot of pictures of Female Hobbits . So I went back to good old Bilbo from the Rankin Bass cartoon production.

#53 4 years ago

Mine is Sorbitol Maltitol Xylitol Mannitol Calcium Carbonite Soy Lecithin Triglyceride and Talc, also known as just Gum for short. From the movie Sausage Party which is one of my favorite movies.

#54 4 years ago

Mine's Lucy. She's a bulldog. She was being grumpy that day so I stuck a radioactive sticker on her. It didn't help

#55 4 years ago

Mine is from the Goose Neon in the window of my business. The LTG : ) from my old video game initials circa 1975. Which David Gersic posted on RGP the initials stood for Launch Those Geese. Which became the first pinball parties in my business in 2001.

LTG : )

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

My avatar is the Spooky Space Kook.

Funny I thought of you as I am watching them all with my daughter now and just got through that one the other day.
    We should be much further but of course my wife stuck her nose in it and simultaneously got her watching "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" as if that shit is canon; what a goddamn joke and it just infuriates me.

But I digress....

#57 4 years ago

Just some random pic I found. Don’t even know what kinda cat they are.
    E2862530-3751-4B8D-990D-CAD843E888E0 (resized).jpegE2862530-3751-4B8D-990D-CAD843E888E0 (resized).jpeg

#58 4 years ago

My avatar is Avatar

#59 4 years ago

As a teenager I was an audio nut (had more time then) and was fascinated with the TDK MA-R cassettes. They were unique in that they had metal reinforcement as opposed to being all made of plastic. In theory that was supposed to make them a more “audiophile” product but the cassette never came close to the audio quality of my old reel-to-reel. Cassettes were much more convenient in the car though!

TDK became my nickname through high school, and thus my arcade initials. My avatar is an image of an MA-R I found on the internet.

Useless movie trivia: in Terminator, Sarah Connor uses an MA-R to record her message to John Connor, her unborn son. IIRC, they screwed up and then used an SA later in the same scene, instead of an MA-R, but I may be wrong about that.

#60 4 years ago

Mine is Sparky from Metallica. This machine is the reason I got back into this wonderful hobby back in 2012. Back then, I still had a few pinballs but after buying a Met Premium, I bought 20 more pinballs, got the feeling and passion back but also, I met great people. Even my Dad became a "pinhead" after playing my new Metallica at 60 something years old. He bought many machines, too!

#61 4 years ago

I have been punkin over the net for decades over many forums (named for punkin head large head).
    The Avatar is Go-go Ubari and it's cause short skirts and long socks go together like pork chops and apple sauce. She has also been with me for many years across many forums and it's how people who may share more than one interest with me know me.

#62 4 years ago

My favorite movie.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from TDK-WPG:

As a teenager I was an audio nut (had more time then) and was fascinated with the TDK MA-R cassettes. They were unique in that they had metal reinforcement as opposed to being all made of plastic. In theory that was supposed to make them a more “audiophile” product but the cassette never came close to the audio quality of my old reel-to-reel. Cassettes were much more convenient in the car though!
    TDK became my nickname through high school, and thus my arcade initials. My avatar is an image of an MA-R I found on the internet.
    Useless movie trivia: in Terminator, Sarah Connor uses an MA-R to record her message to John Connor, her unborn son. IIRC, they screwed up and then used an SA later in the same scene, instead of an MA-R, but I may be wrong about that.

That’s awesome! My Discover card image is a cassette tape. People comment on it all the time.

More useless Terminator movie trivia. The computer code displayed alongside what the Terminator sees is source code from the Apple //e system ROMs.

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

My Discover card image is a cassette tape. People comment on it all the time.

Hah! Years ago I had the same one and yes, it ALWAYS got a comment from clerks. I always wondered "surely I'm not the first one who's had this card?"

Anyway, for avatars... years ago I was messing around with my model railroad and was inspired to make a comic using one of the boxcar logos (which predated the game everyone associates with it by over a decade). It's not pinball but it's "arcadey", so close enough for merging my hobbies...

Huh, it just occurred to me to make a flatcar load out of old pinballs. In HO scale they would be "Fight Club Modern Art"....

SCC3VERT (resized).jpgSCC3VERT (resized).jpg
    #65 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Just some random pic I found. Don’t even know what kinda cat they are.
    [quoted image]

Those are cheetahs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cheetah&oq=cheetah&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.7516j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

#66 4 years ago

I’m Jeff Bridges

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from mario_1_up:

My favorite movie.

Austria. Well then. G’day, mate! Let’s put another shrimp on the barbie!

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from phoenixpin:

I’m Jeff Bridges

Hi Jeff Bridges, when are you and the abiders coming through LA again?

#69 4 years ago

I like tuna.

https://twistedsifter.com/2014/01/freediving-with-tunas-by-kurt-arrigo/
    freediving-with-tuna-fish-by-kurt-arrigo (resized).jpgfreediving-with-tuna-fish-by-kurt-arrigo (resized).jpg

#70 4 years ago

my doggie

#71 4 years ago

From the shooter lane of my Bally Rocket.

1414A608-7D2A-4A37-BF9B-D3922ADEE851 (resized).jpeg1414A608-7D2A-4A37-BF9B-D3922ADEE851 (resized).jpeg
    #72 4 years ago

I work at American Pinball and I like beer

#73 4 years ago

It's my baby picture

#74 4 years ago

Same avatar (of my torch red Shelby GT500) I used on the Mustang forum I frequented before Pinside stole all my free time.

Quoted from RJL:

My avatar is Avatar.

Nice use of symmetry (similarity or exact correspondence between different things).

#75 4 years ago

Fun thread. Arya is our 7th rescue cat, and I caught her being super chill. I thought, I would like to try to be that chill when I’m on Pinside.

#76 4 years ago

Just a picture of a tool box cabinet with stickers and my military rank and unit I was in.

#77 4 years ago

Mine speaks for itself, Paul subtly giving a “one-finger salute”.

I changed to that image when Beatles was released because it seemed apropos given the controversy around here. Now that it’s old news, I guess it is time for a change.

#78 4 years ago

Born to lose, Live to Win.

We miss you Lemmy, Phil, and Eddie.

#79 4 years ago

d

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Mine is from the movie The Dark Crystal.
    It reminds me to always keep my spirit up when I know I'm right and everyone else thinks I'm wrong.

Wat. That’s Atrayu from “The Neverending Story”. Cool avatar regardless!

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Some of you have avatars that look like an old gray haired man—-and I find myself thinking that this is who you really are

Actually I'm more like the dude on the Skateball backglass, but a little older and wiser now.

#82 4 years ago

Hawk, picture taken outside my bedroom window by my wife.

#83 4 years ago

Love my Alma mater.

#84 4 years ago

Combines two of my other hobbies, flying and Photography. I had my dad take it around the pattern while taking photos one afternoon.

#85 4 years ago

I have no avatar because I am loser...

#86 4 years ago

I love dinosaurs and the Jurassic Park franchise. Also my first pin was Sega Lost World Jurassic Park and my second pin was the Data East JP.

#87 4 years ago

Mine is Tim Curry from The Shadow... Pinball!

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Wat. That’s Atrayu from “The Neverending Story”. Cool avatar regardless!

jk1 (resized).pngjk1 (resized).png
    #89 4 years ago

Always loved and still do GODZILLA,The King of the Monsters. Sure wish he was real and I could sit on his shoulder and instruct him where to go to step on peoples houses I don't like.

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from angus:

Love my Alma mater.

That relates to half of my Pinside name, but that’s another thread. (Go Blue!)

Even though my avatar is only a shot of a row of my pins, I think it’s absolutely cool because I have what I would never have imagined as a kid—a pinball arcade right in my basement!

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from TiltDis:

Mine is Tim Curry from The Shadow... Pinball!

That character/mode is so annoying - I just want to send the ball to the Battlefield and deal on him!

#92 4 years ago

I love AC/DC and Ta Ta's...

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from Asylum:

42 39 56

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from Asylum:

I love Ta Ta’s! And AC/DC is cool too

#95 4 years ago

I change my avatar every year or so. I just get bored looking at the same image. Right now it’s a piece of a F2K playfield that I’m working on restoring.

5524BA32-0677-4BDA-AA2D-4CC05CFE604D (resized).jpeg5524BA32-0677-4BDA-AA2D-4CC05CFE604D (resized).jpeg
    #96 4 years ago

It's our Family Crest.

#97 4 years ago

Yak ak ak yak

#98 4 years ago

The dream theme that never came true.............Thanks Stern! (Insert middle finger)

#99 4 years ago

Mine is my favorite singer/musician. Waylon Jennings!

#100 4 years ago

Let us not forget the avatar made famous by Odin. Though he changes his avatar. He's best remembered by this.

LTG : )

dogcigar (resized).jpgdogcigar (resized).jpg
    There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/about-your-avatar/page/2?hl=stupidjackpot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.