Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Peanuts
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

194779_1_m (resized).jpg
    20190806_221616 (resized).jpg
    20190806_221509 (resized).jpg
    dogs-playing-poker-a-friend-in-need-painting-tapestries (resized).jpg
    470F8AB4-939F-4989-B54C-49999FED0024.gif
    Funny-Baby-Smoking-Gif.gif
    unnamed (1).jpg
    wrong_door.gif
    me (resized).jpg
    oldpinguy (resized).jpg
    pin (resized).jpg
    f7323ac6f98de100c64fc95d0a7d7560 (resized).jpg
    20190803_164313 (resized).jpg
    dogcigar (resized).jpg
    5524BA32-0677-4BDA-AA2D-4CC05CFE604D (resized).jpeg
    jk1 (resized).png
    There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

Some people swap avatars. Others keep the same avatar for all time.

Some of you have avatars that look like an old gray haired man—-and I find myself thinking that this is who you really are, but I know otherwise.

I went google searching for some sort of ball since this is a pinball site and found the flaming ball that I use. A couple of times I have thought about looking something different but decided mine is readily identifiable so I keep it.

Some of you have some strange avatars.
    Why do you have the avatar that you have? Where did you find it? Does it have some special meaning for you? Or is it just an avatar?

#2 4 years ago

I use the BG images of my games.

#3 4 years ago

It flew by when I was outside in the yard.

#4 4 years ago

Mine is from a life long past, it is a long story full of twists and turns, sorrow and happiness.

I'd explain more but my recollection is like smoke in the wind, the more I grasp at it the more it disappears.

#5 4 years ago

I dont drink coffe and like to joke with those that does, no deeper meaning behind it.

#6 4 years ago

I used my dog Toaster. She was my shadow for 15 years. Gone, but never forgotten.

#7 4 years ago

Actual photo of me.

#8 4 years ago

One of my favorite arcade games from when I was a kid, Williams Moon Patrol.
    I use the same thing on a few different forums.

#9 4 years ago

I am not, in fact, a cartoon moose.

Rocky and Bullwinkle was the first pin I owned and the photo shows the new cabinet art I made for the restoration. It also goes with my screen name.

#10 4 years ago

I dig AFM. The pic is my launch button.

#11 4 years ago

Mine is a portion of the AFM I built and installed in my gameroom suspended ceiling. You see only a portion of it.

Ceiling 058 (resized).jpgCeiling 058 (resized).jpg
    #12 4 years ago

My pic is just me and my wife. Nothing clever or fancy. I just wanted it to be an accurate representation of me. We love to play pinball together.

#13 4 years ago

I cut my hand open and had to have it stiched up a few hours before hosting a panel with Steve Ritchie last year at sfge. Clearly it was from saving a bunch of orphans from an active volcano on a hang hlider .. Or having a dish break while doing dishes ... I can't recall which one.

#14 4 years ago

I stacked up my 5 snare drums. There are more hobbies than pinball!

#15 4 years ago

It just fits like a glove. No I'm not OJ.

#16 4 years ago

My Avatar is my old excavator at 10,000 feet above my community in February (most of my work is done at or above 10,000 feet). Since I am a Rocky Mountain residential site developer, the Avatar is obvious.

#17 4 years ago

My now six year old crawling up to hand me a tool while working on a game.

#18 4 years ago

My favorite musician, Eric Clapton. At first I used the default picture of a light board and a Pinsider asked if my avatar name meant blue spin like a blue pinwheel. My avatar name refers to my two favorite things, blues music and pinball. Now if I could only find a picture of Eric Clapton playing pinball...

#19 4 years ago

Mine is a picture of me my buddy took of me folding up a Taxi in my driveway.

#20 4 years ago

Mine is "Roger" the Kangaroo that was known for being ripped. He was featured on a BBC series following an Australian who rescues orphan kangaroos in outback sanctuary near Alice Springs. Roger was one of the Kangaroos on the show. Unfortunately, he recently passed away. An animal lover, I always thought he was cool. I've done other icons but this one is sticking.

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/10/675282745/roger-the-buff-kangaroo-beloved-online-dies-at-age-12
    Big-Red (resized).pngBig-Red (resized).png

uploads%252Fstory%252Fthumbnail%252F88137%252Fd26e6d29-d756-4edc-81db-0d7698689905.jpg%252F950x534 (resized).jpguploads%252Fstory%252Fthumbnail%252F88137%252Fd26e6d29-d756-4edc-81db-0d7698689905.jpg%252F950x534 (resized).jpgroger-the-musclebound-kangaroo-is-back-and-it-looks-like-hes-been-hitting-the-weights (resized).jpgroger-the-musclebound-kangaroo-is-back-and-it-looks-like-hes-been-hitting-the-weights (resized).jpg
    #21 4 years ago

My cat, doing cat like things on a pinball machine.

#22 4 years ago

My avatar is a professional portrait I had taken a few years ago.

#23 4 years ago

Self explanatory. Recreational only and never at the risk of the well being of the user or those around him or her.

#24 4 years ago

When I first joined I had Homer Simpson as TSPP was one of the first machines I ever searched for and bought. Then I bought a GOT and thought the scene and picture was good enough for an avatar. Also when people change their avatar, I realize I remember posters more from their avatar than their name. I always look at the name and new avatar wondering if I've read their post before.

#25 4 years ago

Mine is from the movie The Dark Crystal.
    It reminds me to always keep my spirit up when I know I'm right and everyone else thinks I'm wrong.

#26 4 years ago

My 1956 Dodge Power Wagon and my First Dog, Earl.

I like trucks and Earl was/will always be a great dog. Miss you buddy.

IMG_1042 (resized).JPGIMG_1042 (resized).JPG
    #27 4 years ago

Giddy up!

#28 4 years ago

Mine is me and my German Shepherd, Bohdi, which I lost 4 years ago. Best dog EVER

#29 4 years ago

Mine is the first edition of the WPC Power Fix from back in early 2014.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#30 4 years ago

Mine is my sweet baby Phoebe. Sadly I had to say goodbye a couple months ago after 18 1/2 years. I miss her so much

#31 4 years ago

First game I ever bought and also love tigers.
    Perfect match.

#32 4 years ago

mine is the ONLY way to play pinball!

#33 4 years ago

Cover to Infinity Gauntlet #1. Pretty famous illustration of Thanos by George Perez.

#34 4 years ago

Mine is THE LAW.

No not the pinside guy, it’s Judge Dredd.

Judge Dredd was my first pin.

#35 4 years ago

Scooby Doo fan here. My avatar is the Spooky Space Kook.

My avatar used to be a hooded figure from Catacomb, my favorite cabinet art, but I switched to something that better matches my name.

BA237AAF-59C7-4C4B-B0BC-99208C46E829.gifBA237AAF-59C7-4C4B-B0BC-99208C46E829.gif
    #36 4 years ago

Mine is Wayne Campbell because Wayne's World is my favorite film of all time!
    Plus its a dream theme pin for me

#37 4 years ago

Mine is from the cover of the first record of my favorite band of all time. It's a pretty niche fanbase, so when somebody also knows/ digs 'em I get the bonus of knowing I'm dealing with somebody I'll probably get along with when conducting official pinball business transactions

4333018916_ffaa84e5fd_o (resized).jpg4333018916_ffaa84e5fd_o (resized).jpg
    #38 4 years ago

Mines Pleepleus the mascot from the show Drinking Made Easy. Always a good laugh to watch.

Unknown-25 (resized).jpegUnknown-25 (resized).jpeg
    #39 4 years ago

My lovely wife had some glamour shots taken and I wanted to show her off.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

My lovely wife had some glamour shots taken and I wanted to show her off.

Guess you have to be careful in the sack not to get her too wet.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Guess you have to be careful in the sack not to get her too wet.

You just won this thread my friend

#42 4 years ago

I was never a fan of rum, I guess because it mainly meant Bacardi and coke. About 10 years ago I was on a business trip at Trinidad & Tobago where I was introduced to this delicious sipping rum and a whole new world of taste was opened for me. It’s hard to find, but oh so tasty so I keep a pic of the bottle as my avatar

#43 4 years ago

I don't technically have silver balls but I've always liked Silverball Mania. Sums up the 80s pinball experience pretty well.

#44 4 years ago

pinball artwork meme

#45 4 years ago

I have this pix in my garage/games room..I’ve always been a big fan of ‘the greatest’ inside and outside of the ring..

#46 4 years ago

My avatar name came first, I have used it for all things gaming for decades. It is a mix of my real last name with a very large classic monster that breaks a lot of shit. My avatar picture is a homer Simpson/Godzilla hybrid chosen to reflect that TSPP is the first pin I purchased and still currently own and love.

#47 4 years ago

I loved Mad Magazine when I was a kid and read it all the time. Pinball came along a bit later. I guess my Avatar reminds me of my misspent youth all those years ago.

#48 4 years ago

My daughter drew this up for me...represents the ominous shadowy figure which I am...entering the homes of unsuspecting Craigslist sellers...playing your games...then asking to use the restroom

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from GSones:

I loved Mad Magazine when I was a kid and read it all the time. Pinball came along a bit later. I guess my Avatar reminds me of my misspent youth all those years ago.

Spy vs. Spy!

#50 4 years ago

My side piece.

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/about-your-avatar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.