(Topic ID: 191436)

About to get my first NIB pin. Pointers?

By jorant

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by KJL
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Stargazer.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider razorbak86.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from jorant:

So I've had many pins come in and out of my collection for years, but next week I'll be getting my first NIB one (ST pro). And I assume I just rip it out of the box and set it up. But what suggestions would you have for someone that's never owned anything but used before? Will I need to do anything to it right away? Is the code probably needing an update, or will it be already done? I don't know what to ask because I haven't had one before. Is there's a right way and a wrong way to take it out of the box? Pointers?

Stern produced a series of 13 instructional videos covering NIB unpacking and setup. The link to the first video is listed below.

Note: The videos are a little dated (2010), showing a BBH with wood backbox, but for your purposes, should answer most of your questions.

1. Unpacking Your Machine

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider razorbak86.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside