Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images_5.jpg
    images_3.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

I was just about to change my Avatar to this. I need to know if this is ok. Can someone please sign off on itimages (3).jpg

You have my full permission and blessing to use that monstrosity as your avatar

#52 6 years ago

Um...is this Crazyapples/bananas/oranges/(insert random fruit)?

Sounds like the meds are wearing off...

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from kevmad:

It is obvious GeneralWhoever is a troll

It's General Jackoff.
    Don't forget to salute him !

#55 6 years ago

I wish pinside had a yelp! page...

my review would start with the classic, "I really wanted to love this place.."

#56 6 years ago

Before I drain this thread, I'm just going to say that the mods do a great job. Especially when they have to put up with childish people who think that acting out is the only way to get the attention they crave.

If you see one of these people just ignore them. Downvote them if you need a little satisfaction. But replying just feeds their little baby egos. Nothing annoys them more than being ignored.

I'm just here to talk pinball. I don't really care if our politics don't see eye to eye, as long as we can leave that aside and talk about the game we love.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

As for public ally criticizing moderation to garner support for your various positions and believed slights...well...start a moderator feedback thread or voice your concerns to Robin. Do not attack the volunteer mod team on Pinside in a public thread, do it in private through the various tools Robin provides.
    This thread is not an invitation to start discussing the moderation. Do that in a Moderator feedback thread or via a PM to Robin.
    This thread is not an invitation to discuss the Confederate Flag or issues surrounding it. Such issue has no place in pinball and really is better suited for other message boards or your personal Facebook accounts. I certainly don't feel it is too much to ask to keep that discussion off this pinball board.

So why leave this thread open for discussion at all?

You have said that there is nothing that can be discussed with regard to a single issue that you raised in your post!

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

As for public ally criticizing moderation to garner support for your various positions and believed slights...well...start a moderator feedback thread or voice your concerns to Robin. Do not attack the volunteer mod team on Pinside in a public thread, do it in private through the various tools Robin provides.
    This thread is not an invitation to start discussing the moderation. Do that in a Moderator feedback thread or via a PM to Robin.
    This thread is not an invitation to discuss the Confederate Flag or issues surrounding it. Such issue has no place in pinball and really is better suited for other message boards or your personal Facebook accounts. I certainly don't feel it is too much to ask to keep that discussion off this pinball board.

So you criticize the people "who were trolled" because they fell for it, but you go on to confirm that if someone did have the confederate flag as their avatar, the facts laid out in that other thread could have easily occurred in any event, as you come to the conclusion that the confederate flag has no place on Pinside. So it seems that if anyone was trolled, it was the mods. Funny stuff.

#59 6 years ago

Duplicate post from a duplicate account.

OH, THE IRONY.

#61 6 years ago

It's not so much about being family friendly or about being politically correct. It's about being considerate of others, just because you're a nice person. Everyone in pinball is nice, right?

Why anyone here would feel the need to have an avatar that is the subject of a lot of controversy - on a friggin' pinball website - is beyond me. Why bring that whole political discussion to Pinside? Aren't there other forums to discuss flags or wars or global warming? I have made a rule against discussing politics. Not because I don't like politics, but because it often creates tension between people that really isn't needed here. Because... you guessed it: this is a pinball site.

Quoted from RobT:

So why leave this thread open for discussion at all?

Good point. Let's close it.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside