Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images_5.jpg
    images_3.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

This post is in regards to this thread from yesterday: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/censorship-gone-mad-on-this-board

So, after speaking with every single moderator I am able to confirm that none of the moderators told Generalwtr or anyone else, via PM or otherwise, to change their avatar picture. The flag of the former Confederate States of America was not banned on this site and Generalwtr lied to every one of you to manufacture an issue to complain about and rile you up.

You were all trolled and some of you bought into it; heck, the post received 33 thumbs up. This is interesting because it was a clear duplicate account and many of you who voiced the most support for Generalwtr's made up complaint are the very people that are first to PM the mods to complain about people using duplicate accounts or otherwise turn people in for perceived rule violations.

Moderating this page is not easy. We want people to end petty bickering. We want to keep Pinside family friendly. We want women to feel welcome here. If someone searches Pinside with their children on their lap or while at work we want it to be a friendly place that does not embarrass them. This is Robin's directive and priority and we do not care if you as an individual do not have children or a spouse who reads this page or if the rule is not applicable to your interests for whatever other reason - that is immaterial to us, we are going to enforce Robin's directives such as they are.

If someone has a problem with Pinside being family friendly and PG 13 rated then discuss it with Robin via PM or the moderation team as a whole via a moderator feedback thread.

Also, I know we have been trying to keep Pinside topics more on point lately. This is something that is debated between the moderators and we do not all agree with each other all the time. If, for example, you feel you should be allowed to talk about the fundamental game play issues of Avengers in an Avengers for sale thread and a moderator reprimands you for it, start a moderator feedback thread and tell us your point of view (you might be surprised how much support you may receive from some moderators). On the other hand, if you have five posts in the Hobbit Update Thread exclusively about Tesla Cars and you get asked to stop posting about Tesla, just start an off topic thread about Tesla and carry on (exercise some judgement).

Now, back to the issue of the flag of the Confederacy:

I note that I am a libertarian, born and raised in the Deep South, and had two direct ancestors that were actual officers in the Confederate army (one of which died in combat). In spite of my personal background and general libertarian view of things even I am able to recognize that the flag of the Confederacy has been - very sadly - misused as a sign of hate and racism for several decades by numerous people and groups. I certainly wish it was not so, but the Confederate flag because of how it has been historically misused has limited or no place here on Pinside at this time.

What does this mean? This means the troll who manufactured an issue so many of you leaped at to believe has won and we now have no choice but to moderate the use of the Rebel Flag as an avatar. The made up issue has sadly forced our hand. Do not use the Confederate Flag as your avatar. This is not a big deal, just don't use it.

As for public ally criticizing moderation to garner support for your various positions and believed slights...well...start a moderator feedback thread or voice your concerns to Robin. Do not attack the volunteer mod team on Pinside in a public thread, do it in private through the various tools Robin provides.

This thread is not an invitation to start discussing the moderation. Do that in a Moderator feedback thread or via a PM to Robin.

This thread is not an invitation to discuss the Confederate Flag or issues surrounding it. Such issue has no place in pinball and really is better suited for other message boards or your personal Facebook accounts. I certainly don't feel it is too much to ask to keep that discussion off this pinball board.

#2 8 years ago

I like pinball

#3 8 years ago

Even the moderators cower to the PC crowd. Very sad.

#4 8 years ago

Someone used the confederate flag as trollbait, trying to get people riled up over nothing? I'm SHOCKED!

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinthetic:

Are you fucking KIDDING? Did you manage to read the first post, wherein TigerLaw CLEARLY outs that poster as a liar, and a duplicate /trolling account?

Reading comprehension > you

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinthetic:

I would love to hear how you figure that?

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinthetic:

This thread is not an invitation to start discussing the moderation. Do that in a Moderator feedback thread or via a PM to Robin.

Can you seriously not spend 2 minutes of your precious time to READ TigerLaw's post? Or are you just trying to make things worse around here by stifling the issue? Either way it makes you look like a complete jerk.

#9 8 years ago

"I certainly wish it was not so, but the Confederate flag because of how it has been historically misused has limited or no place here on Pinside at this time".

First of all I also had ancestors on both sides. Keep in mind it is my opinion only as to what I said but to me everyone goes left on this instead of telling people to leave it alone. Mind your own business and get a life. If it had been said better I would not have made that comment.

How about:

Due to the recent attention this issue has received it would be best to leave it to the political forums.

I don't appreciate being told what is and isn't relevant.

Regards and have a nice day.

#11 8 years ago

Good post....trolling is older than the internet. I like the fact this forum is all about pinball and not about a whole bunch of divisive topics. Carry on Tigerlaw.

#12 8 years ago

PAINFULLY OBVIOUS duplicate account reported.

Choice of verbiage makes it pretty obvious who this likely is, too.

#13 8 years ago

I can smell a troll a mile away (takes one to know one). Heres the hilarious pm he sent me :
    "Thanks for the downvotes Tyrone.
    That flag get ya riled up eh ?? Eh ??
    Im not racist, but it appears you are.
    My job is done here ...haha"

General Jackoff, if you are reading this, and I know you are, let me straighten something out for you : Nothing you post here will get me "riled up" . Nothing. I dont give 2 shits about you, or yer stupid fkn flag.
    If you have anything else to say, say it face to face, in Oct. Can't wait to meet ya !!!

#14 8 years ago

You do understand that banning the Confederate flag is taking a political stand right? Why would you even make it an issue? So someone started a thread about it, so what. You decided to turn it into policy. Now that is a shame, I completely disagree with your stance on this one. Congratulations the liberal morons of the world win another battle.

#15 8 years ago

The flag shouldn't be banned.
    Dumb asses should be.

#17 8 years ago

Keep talking, you piece of human garbage.

You're just taking step after step towards an IP ban.

#19 8 years ago

Furthermore, I'll put my tongue in any ass I want, with or without your approval!

#20 8 years ago

Wow, you're posting is not helping your cause man. Proof positive why moderation/censorship is indeed a necessary evil.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from TxJay:

You do understand that banning the Confederate flag is taking a political stand right? Why would you even make it an issue? So someone started a thread about it, so what. You decided to turn it into policy. Now that is a shame, I completely disagree with your stance on this one. Congratulations the liberal morons of the world win another battle.

your tears apparently blurred your vision while reading this part:

Quoted from TigerLaw:

This thread is not an invitation to discuss the Confederate Flag or issues surrounding it. Such issue has no place in pinball and really is better suited for other message boards or your personal Facebook accounts. I certainly don't feel it is too much to ask to keep that discussion off this pinball board.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

How are we cowering?

By eliminating the confederate flag as an avatar, when it never has been a problem until his thread. The site has been up for 4 years and when has anybody thought it an issue? I do not want to get into the flag debate, I am just referring to too much censorship on something that I never saw as a problem on this site.

Tigerlaw being a Libertarian should know that over handed moderation is a slippery slope.

#24 8 years ago

In my opinion this thread should have been locked from the very beginning.

#25 8 years ago

NICE, Sunday discussion here on Family Friendly Pinside. Really nice.

#26 8 years ago

I mailed you today asking why your a pussy and letting the mods treat u that way?

What did you say? Because we dont have much choice, want me to show everyone the screenshot?

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Well said, but you probably should've punctuated your sentence by calling him "Glenn Beck."

#28 8 years ago

The only way to win is to not play.

Thread drained.

#29 8 years ago

Same here. Back to pinball...

#30 8 years ago

Somebody drop this dick off in south Boston. Right into the pit of an FSU show.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Nice, well your apparent lack of education has left you without the ability to see that I was actually commenting on the choice to ban the flag not about the flag itself. That's okay when you grow up you will realize that.

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

Well said, but you probably should've punctuated your sentence by calling him "Glenn Beck."

LOL, probably touched a nerve with that liberal moron part, sorry about that.

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from TxJay:

LOL, probably touched a nerve with that liberal moron part, sorry about that.

It's not that easy to offend me, cupcake.

A big-name "newsman" who can't talk about 'how much he loves this country' without bursting into tears is a bit funny, though, regardless of where he or I stand politically.

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from Machiavelli:

I mailed you today asking why your a pussy and letting the mods treat u that way?
    What did you say? Because we dont have much choice, want me to show everyone the screenshot?

I said something like censorship is lame but such is life. I dont know, go make a secret page like i did on facebook and you can have all the fun you want

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

It's not that easy to offend me, cupcake.
    A big-name "newsman" who can't talk about 'how much he loves this country' without bursting into tears is a bit funny, though, regardless of where he or I stand politically.

It appears i butthurt a lot of Pc people and made the mods look like idiots! All they can do is censor me as usual! That thread doesnt lie people.

Most people are scared to say what needs to be said however there is a select few members here who are Pro-mods, who have there wangs so far up the mods backsides its hilarious! Hey how ya doin Colin?

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from TXCHAINSAW:

It appears i butthurt a lot of Pc people and made the mods look like idiots! All they can do is censor me as usual! That thread doesnt lie people.
    Most people are scared to say what needs to be said however there is a select few members here who are Pro-mods, who have there wangs so far up the mods backsides its hilarious! Hey how ya doin Colin?

Your desire to keep coming back for more makes it clear you're the one who is buttsore.

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from TXCHAINSAW:

Most people are scared to say what needs to be said

I'm not scared to say what needs to be said...

Go away with your ridiculous bullshit.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

How are we cowering?

"we now have no choice but to moderate the use of the Rebel Flag as an Avatar"

That's how. I don't care either way about a stupid flag. It's just the moderation choices that are bothersome. As was stated in another thread on this, Hitler is fine, but oh no a flag, gotta go.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from hlazzer:

"we now have no choice but to moderate the use of the Rebel Flag as an Avatar"
    That's how. I don't care either way about a stupid flag. It's just the moderation choices that are bothersome. As was stated in another thread on this, Hitler is fine, but oh no a flag, gotta go.

Oh, another duplicate account.

Are you too much of a delicate little flower to use your main account to speak your views?

#40 8 years ago

I was just about to change my avatar to this. I need to know if this is ok. Can someone please sign off on itimages (3).jpgimages (3).jpg

#41 8 years ago

Whatever. This is my account.

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from TXCHAINSAW:

All they can do is censor me as usual!

Agreed. They should be helping you spell words correctly.

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Agreed. They should be helping you spell words correctly.

The best part is how he thumbs up his own posts!

#46 8 years ago

There's plenty of other forums to discuss politics, religion etc. Why do it here? Back to pinball

#47 8 years ago

It is obvious GeneralWhoever is a troll and the only reason for the original post was to stir up anger and ill will among fellow pinsiders. Remember Pinside is about pinball. If you want to talk about divisive politics, go somewhere else. Pinside is about pinball! Why discuss the Confederate flag here????

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

This post is in regards to this thread from yesterday: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/censorship-gone-mad-on-this-board
    So, after speaking with every single moderator I am able to confirm that none of the moderators told Generalwtr or anyone else, via PM or otherwise, to change their Avatar picture. The flag of the former Confederate States of America was not banned on this site and Generalwtr lied to every one of you to manufacture an issue to complain about and rile you up.
    You were all trolled and some of you bought into it; heck, the post received 33 thumbs up. This is interesting because it was a clear duplicate account and many of you who voiced the most support for Generalwtr's made up complaint are the very people that are first to PM the mods to complain about people using duplicate accounts or otherwise turn people in for perceived rule violations.
    Moderating this page is not easy. We want people to end petty bickering. We want to keep Pinside family friendly. We want women to feel welcome here. If someone searches Pinside with their children on their lap or while at work we want it to be a friendly place that does not embarrass them. This is Robin's directive and priority and we do not care if you as an individual do not have children or a spouse who reads this page or if the rule is not applicable to your interests for whatever other reason - that is immaterial to us, we are going to enforce Robin's directives such as they are.
    If someone has a problem with Pinside being family friendly and PG 13 rated then discuss it with Robin via PM or the moderation team as a whole via a moderator feedback thread.
    Also, I know we have been trying to keep Pinside topics more on point lately. This is something that is debated between the moderators and we do not all agree with each other all the time. If, for example, you feel you should be allowed to talk about the fundamental game play issues of Avengers in an Avengers for sale thread and a moderator reprimands you for it, start a moderator feedback thread and tell us your point of view (you might be surprised how much support you may receive from some moderators). On the other hand, if you have five posts in the Hobbit Update Thread exclusively about Tesla Cars and you get asked to stop posting about Tesla, just start an off topic thread about Tesla and carry on (exercise some judgement).
    Now, back to the issue of the flag of the Confederacy:
    I note that I am a libertarian, born and raised in the Deep South, and had two direct ancestors that were actual officers in the Confederate army (one of which died in combat). In spite of my personal background and general libertarian view of things even I am able to recognize that the flag of the Confederacy has been - very sadly - misused as a sign of hate and racism for several decades by numerous people and groups. I certainly wish it was not so, but the Confederate flag because of how it has been historically misused has limited or no place here on Pinside at this time.
    What does this mean? This means the troll who manufactured an issue so many of you leaped at to believe has won and we now have no choice but to moderate the use of the Rebel Flag as an Avatar. The made up issue has sadly forced our hand. Do not use the Confederate Flag as your Avatar. This is not a big deal, just don't use it.
    As for public ally criticizing moderation to garner support for your various positions and believed slights...well...start a moderator feedback thread or voice your concerns to Robin. Do not attack the volunteer mod team on Pinside in a public thread, do it in private through the various tools Robin provides.

Ban them all!
    Bring down the wrath of the hammer of Thor on all of them.
    These idiots are stinking up pinside.

#49 8 years ago

I don't know why you'd have to speak to each moderator. PMs are not private on Pinside, and you could easily verify his claims by checking with Robin (if you can't see them yourself).

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/about-the-confederate-flag-post-on-monderation/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.