E9lnYUU (resized).jpg
20160902_030341 (resized).jpg
IMG_4259 (resized).JPG
LOTR_O-R-C_Multipiers_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
CaptureKISS_(resized).JPG
Capture_(resized).JPG
whatcha-gonna-code_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#235 8 years ago

I think the communication from Jared has been fantastic. I appreciate the posts he has made in this thread and view this as sound word from Stern they are hearing us and are committed to improved code and turn it out at a quicker pace moving forward.

#236 8 years ago

Hopefully this means Iron Man will get a minor tweak to make Do or Die Multiball an achievable event (at The very least a settings adjustments allowing us to reduce the number of drones needed, it is straight up impossible right now for even the best players in the world).

#327 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

So what is the waiting code list look like now ?
#1 Avengers - fix bugs
#2 Star Trek - fix bugs
#3 WWE - more code
#4 Mustang - fix bugs
#5 GOT - more code
#6 KISS - more code
TWD should be done now right?

I'm going they make Iron Man DoDMB actually attainable. It is the easiest of all fixes, make the drone requirement 16 instead of 32...

#455 8 years ago

Stern could buy a lot of good will and surprise a lot of people if they updated the IM code to make Do or Die Multiball achievable or just gave the owners settings options to make it a little easier to start (reduce the number of drones...).

#460 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

There are over 20 titles that "need the love" before Iron Man.

I hear you. I think the number is closer to six or seven but your point is still totally valid.

That said, it would be so easy to put the polish to iron man. Give it a real skill shot, make do or die Multiball achievable by letting people adjust setting on number of drones and what not - wham! Ton of happy IM owners.

#503 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm sure you could decompile much of the code.. but with everything its about input vs reward. Doing something like changing a few values by bit flipping would be simple.. reworking the code or fixing bugs is way more because you wouldn't just swap some values, but would require pushing around a lot more changes. Hacking something to run something completely new, is actually easier than hacking it to rework what is already there. Having to have a devkit setup too is also a hinderance verse being able to run a debugger right on your PC, etc.
Effort vs reward...

How hard would it be to reduce the number of required drones on Iron Man from 28 to 14 to start DoDMB? Assuming one had the source code of course.

#508 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I think perhaps the programmers don't agree that this is a good change. I don't

Alright, I'll bite: why not? I haven't heard people say leave it like it is, impossible to get to... I can't believe Lyman meant to code a mode no one, even the best players in the world, can get to. (And we are talking about the Multiball, not the hurry up...).

#521 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Austin did it less than three weeks after getting Iron Man...

He closed the outlanes, set it to five balls, and I believe he said he adjusted the pitch...still super impressive no doubt (I would not be able to accomplish it still) but it just isn't the same as seeing it done in a tournament.

#522 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I am not convinced it's impossible to get to. I have beaten each of the features in ironman - just never in one game. But even so, Iron Man provides enough in the way of mini wizard modes. I don't desire the game to become easier to beat. There's nothing wrong with a game that you never can beat until you become a better player. People argued last man standing was impossible also until Iceman got there.

LOL, okay, got it. You view DoDMB as being a unicorn you will one day get to so you still strive to get to it.

I do not view it as attainable. Id like to one day see the mode. I'd like an option to reduce the drones in half, it would still be hard as heck because whiplash is tough as nails to complete.

We will agree to disagree, but I feel your argument is basically one of, "I like things as they are don't try and improve them for others", which is certainly fine but I don't think a game exists that doesn't need some more polish and DoDMB needs a setting adjustment so that mor than 0.01% of players can make it.

#524 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The game is set on 3 ball, but he is playing extra balls. The lanes are not closed, they are just on the easier holes vs wide open like we would setup for tournament

I'll check it out again. Speaking of the extra balls though, that is another area where some polish wouldn't hurt the code of Iron Man...

#525 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

And you didn't say doing it in a tournament... Just that it was so impossible.

True, but if one isn't there one does not know how the game is set up in someone else's house.

I think enough people feel the same as me (that DoDMB is not attainable for them) that a code setting adjustment is reasonable so the number of drones needed can be adjusted.

1 month later
11 months later
#953 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

All I wanted for Christmas was a GOT update.

They did technically give us one, all it did was fix a few bugs though.

#969 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Cool. I mean I've been all the way through it, won iron throne etc. it's pretty complete
There's always room to add something but you gotta pull the rip cord sometime. Unless you are george lucas I guess.

I'd like to see the video mode improved upon.

#971 7 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Taking it out would be a vast improvement. Does anyone actually play it?

I agree with you. As it sits it is terrible. I normally enjoy video modes (DW, FT, BSD) and feel they add to the game experience but that is just not the case with GoT.

#980 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Add TWD to the list, huge disappointment there aren't clips from the show. Luckily, there are some really great pinsiders that took it upon themselves to write some code with sound clips, makes it a whole lot better.

Speaking of TWD, isn't the reason ColorDMD hasn't released it that Stern told them they had another big code update coming? It's been about a year since TWD had a code update (don't get me wrong, TWD code is amazing, but I would like to get colorDMD for it made available so I hope they either drop the final polish or announced it finished)...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
5,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/about-stern-and-commitment-to-code-releases?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.