E9lnYUU (resized).jpg
20160902_030341 (resized).jpg
IMG_4259 (resized).JPG
LOTR_O-R-C_Multipiers_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
CaptureKISS_(resized).JPG
Capture_(resized).JPG
whatcha-gonna-code_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grinder901.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

You said a lot without saying a lot. Really hope an Avengers update is coming soon. We were asked for suggestions like 6 months ago. Does the company not even have tentative dates for code releases? Some date is better than no date

#7 8 years ago

Dude we all love Stern. We own their games, gave them our business. We are just frustrated with game code abandoned or being strung along with stay tuned posts. If you can't understand that, then Im sorry

#37 8 years ago

Stern should change the name of its code department to its customer retention department. Maybe the change would light a fire to finish code updates faster. You want to keep customers happy so they want to spend thousands on your newest game? How about not ignoring games after they were released with buggy code or games missing features?

#160 8 years ago

This topic is on fire because there seems to be a majority opinion that Stern doesn't do the best job supporting its games with code/bug updates. If they did, one, this thread wouldn't have even been started and two, would have died off after every one commented on how great Stern is at fixing the problems found in the games.

It's been said before but in the past it's almost like Stern releases a game with bare code and then uses customers as beta testers. That's one approach but they have to actually implement some of the ideas their testers have. This community is full of creative people both the customers and the creators of the pins. I mean look at all the mods that have come from regular pinheads. All Stern had to do is open its ears/eyes to the fixes asked for and there wouldn't be negative posts to constantly delete.

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Comparing code to a typical game mod is a joke some face on a shooter rod is not code

Ha no not some face on a shooter rod. It's the creativity behind the many mods that are offered that I was talking about. This community gets ahold of a game and in my opinion, improves the game play and aesthetics of a game. I was saying that if Stern would listen to the creative feedback its customers gave it, the games would only the better for it.

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is a piss poor business policy, unofficial or not, and even worse to tell your potential customers. Most business are focusing on HOW to bring in more customers and use the feedback from a large portion of their customer base to bring in more value added changes (i.e. better code on release, polishing code in a reaosnable amount of time, clearing the backlog of games with currently poor code > WWE and KISS)
I do fully agree with this policy, or should it be a mantra, as a pinball hobbyist and hope more people continue to put their $$$ where there complaints are. As more people send money to other pinball manufacturers or just not buy NIB Stern games, then maybe they will change this unofficial policy.
Your unofficial policy woudl at least carry more weight IF all previous release fromt he past 5 years had finished or close to finished code.

Oh wow. Very well said

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

How do you engage with a company that won't engage with you? Criticism will get you banned from their FB page and their presence on Pinside is Jared, and this thread is a perfect example of how not to use social media.

I was going to say the exact thing but whatever. I'm tired of talking about this. Yes Stern has improved but there is still plenty of room for improvement.

#308 8 years ago

Congrats TWD owners. TWD improves while older games and games after it are ignored. Hope more code updates drop this week.

#486 8 years ago

How hard would it be for Stern to have an actual presense on here instead of a thread opened with one post and then silence?

1 month later
#637 8 years ago

I saw that he liked a comment recently so he's lurking.

2 weeks later
#665 8 years ago

I'm just happy and grateful they listened and took the time to improve Avengers. Hope other games see similar updates without waiting years.

1 month later
#770 8 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Can you confirm that with written evidence or are you just posting an unfounded rumour ?

That's all he does, makes claims as if they are facts. How many games now has he said will ship with an lcd? He's as blind as the rest of us. Just making guesses and stabs at the dark.

6 months later
#882 7 years ago

Stay tuned?

#888 7 years ago

Wasnt it WWE?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grinder901.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/about-stern-and-commitment-to-code-releases?tu=grinder901 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.