Topic Stats

• 1,027 posts
  • 209 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by clg
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 44 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Ace (resized).jpg
fa16caffdbe658a3c1050819f00b3cea9663bef8_hq (resized).png
IMG_2680 (resized).JPG
reheat-chick-fil-a-nuggets (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_0534.JPG
download (resized).jpg
IMG_0905 (resized).JPG
E9lnYUU (resized).jpg
20160902_030341 (resized).jpg
IMG_4259 (resized).JPG
LOTR_O-R-C_Multipiers_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
CaptureKISS_(resized).JPG
Capture_(resized).JPG
whatcha-gonna-code_(resized).png

There are 1019 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 21.
#751 3 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Crazy. Can't wait for the code bitching in 6 months.

I doubt it. So far Dwight has a great track record.

#752 3 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I plan to buy Ghostbusters AFTER I have played it and AFTER the code seems far enough along. I will not blind buy an $8K machine.
Also, my X-Men still needs some final code fixes (NOT asking for additional features, but rather the same fixes I have brought up many times on this site). That would gain back my confidence in this company.

Totally agree, xmen needs a fix up, there's no way you should be able to start hero modes again after there completed, it makes trying to get to danger room so frustrating, having to time out hero modes because there complete an don't want to put your ball in danger of loosing it by playing a mode that is finished, very surprised this got overlooked in the last update, please stern fix this is just a small thing, an holding up otherwise a perfect game, I love xmen, but this is a very annoying issue....

#753 3 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Totally agree, xmen needs a fix up, there's no way you should be able to start hero modes again after there completed, it makes trying to get to danger room so frustrating, having to time out hero modes because there complete an don't want to put your ball in danger of loosing it by playing a mode that is finished, very surprised this got overlooked in the last update, please stern fix this is just a small thing, an holding up otherwise a perfect game, I love xmen, but this is a very annoying issue....

This didn't get over looked and it's not a bug. Historically, in all pinball, there are two types of modes. The modes where you have a scoop or such to shoot to start the mode - in xmen this like the villains. In tz it's the scoop, in IJ it's the saucer. These modes typically run through and are not replayable until you hit some sort of wizard or mini wizard mode then they usually clear. That's how those types of modes always work.

Then you have other types of modes where shooting X shot N times starts the mode. This is like avatar, iron man, attack from Mars, Medieval madness. All those types of modes always can be replayed no matter the state of the game and do not cut out once beaten. That's how those types of modes always work. Xmen heroes works this way.

#754 3 years ago

Ahh cheers markmon, I never realised that. So on any of the games you mentioned, is it impossible to cancel this out so the mode can't restart?

#755 3 years ago

There's also the shoot the drop targets on TWD to start mode.

#756 3 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Ahh cheers markmon, I never realised that. So on any of the games you mentioned, is it impossible to cancel this out so the mode can't restart?

No you can replay them over and over whether you need them or not.

#757 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

in just over 2 weeks (19th March) it'll be the anniversary of the last ST code update...

Happy Birthday ST v1.61

(slightly premature - hoping to be shocked by a surprise release tomorrow, not holding my breath though)

#758 3 years ago

Happy Birthday ST v1.61
(slightly premature - hoping to be shocked by a surprise release tomorrow, not holding my breath though)

Dwight is busy with ghost busters and game of thrones. I think we are done with Star Trek. It's got a couple bugs but it's complete enough and is a fun game now.

#759 2 years ago

Still sucks, but the ability to stack hero modes somewhat negates that the completed mode re-starts on XM. I currently have stacking on specifically to avoid the re-start bug.

I believe on a game like SM, IM etc.. when a mode 'restarts' it's also a level 2 mode. If that means a different variation, more difficult etc.. But at least on SM, IM when you restart something you don't lock out other modes like on XM when you have stacking off.

#760 2 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Dwight is busy with ghost busters and game of thrones. I think we are done with Star Trek. It's got a couple bugs but it's complete enough and is a fun game now.

Stern has said it will receive a polish.

#761 2 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Make it so.

#762 2 years ago

i had read the same, but, 1yr has passed since the last update... the momentum has gone.

#763 2 years ago

I'll be really disappointed if there's no code update. I tombstoned my premium last year in anticipation of the final code (I didn't want to get bored of the game before the code was finished), but wasn't expecting it to be this long.

#764 2 years ago

i had read the same, but, 1yr has passed since the last update... the momentum has gone.

Even Steve Ritchie seems to have moved on from ST since the last update.

Rob

#765 2 years ago

Can you confirm that with written evidence or are you just posting an unfounded rumour ?

#766 2 years ago

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

#767 2 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Can you confirm that with written evidence or are you just posting an unfounded rumour ?

Not sure where it is written but we were told it would get a polish.

#768 2 years ago

I think Jody mentioned it, but get realistic about when it will happen, since Dwight has GOT and GB back to back. He's not working on ST at the moment.

#769 2 years ago

How's the commitment to code on Kiss Stern?

#770 2 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

That's all he does, makes claims as if they are facts. How many games now has he said will ship with an lcd? He's as blind as the rest of us. Just making guesses and stabs at the dark.

#771 2 years ago

Is Jared back on pinside?

#772 2 years ago

Jody mentioned it during the Spider-Man or GOT Dead Flip. Neither was terribly long ago.

Avengers proves updates can come years later.

#773 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Even Steve Ritchie seems to have moved on from ST since the last update.
Rob

Steve Ritchie doesn't write the code.

#774 2 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Jody mentioned it during the Spider-Man or GOT Dead Flip.

Sorry, I don't have notarized written information for you.

#775 2 years ago

As a Star Trek owner, I'm perfectly happy with the current code. Steve Ritchie should have moved on ages ago btw. His design work was done when games shipped.

#776 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

His status has changed back to pinside member from inactive, I've yet to see him post anything yet

#777 2 years ago

Steve Ritchie doesn't write the code.

I know that... He was pretty vocal about ST code getting fixed and after the update it got, he hasn't said anything about it since. That's what I meant.

Rob

#778 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Yes he seems to be, but not particularly active or Stern-marketing-focussed this time around.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/jared/forum

#779 2 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

As a Star Trek owner, I'm perfectly happy with the current code.

Me too, but i always want more. MORE i say! Damn this addictive hobby.

Actually i was considering my options as I have AFM, SM and ST right now. Do i want all 3 of these relatively similar games when i only have space for 5or6? Saying that, i also have Tron and Congo! I'm an idiot.

#780 2 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

How's the commitment to code on Kiss Stern?

Poor to say the least. It's time for another "Where's the code" effort for some games. Sure Stern released a much needed Avengers update and one for WWE a few months ago but now it seems like business as usual again when it comes to code updates. The only real improvement I would say made on the code front is that Dwights two most recently games, GOT and GB, appear to be offering code that is further along upon release then past titles.

How is it that Kiss hasn't received an update since September?! That was 6 months ago. Ridiculous and unacceptable. Owners of the game deserve better.

Notice how Stern made sure to get the code in for their $400 aftermarket topper though in the games last update...

Capture_(resized).JPG

Stern sure doesn't mind talking about KISS accessories on Facebook, this is just from yesterday...Why not post an update about code update status for KISS as well?

Where's the code Stern?

#781 2 years ago

The KISS accessories posts on Facebook really piss me off. Stop trying to sell me KISS products until the code is fixed. I don't expect finished code yet, but at least fix what's wrong on this one.

Stern should pass this game along to Dwight or Lyman. -moderated-

#782 2 years ago

duplicate

#783 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The KISS accessories posts on Facebook really piss me off. Stop trying to sell me KISS products until the code is fixed. I don't expect finished code yet, but at least fix what's wrong on this one.
Stern should pass this game along to Dwight or Lyman.

I thought that was in very poor taste on sterns part. They openly admit that accessories are aimed (mostly) at the home buyer. They also openly admit that the home buyer 'requires' more code to be satisfied than an operator. The pin has gotten virtually no meaningful code updates (nitpick away if you like) for over half a year and yet they have plenty of time to create, build, market and sell half a dozen accessories.

I've cancelled my LE GB and will put off buying a GB all together until KISS code is released.

#784 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I thought that was in very poor taste on sterns part. They openly admit that accessories are aimed (mostly) at the home buyer. They also openly admit that the home buyer 'requires' more code to be satisfied than an operator. The pin has gotten virtually no meaningful code updates (nitpick away if you like) for over half a year and yet they have plenty of time to create, build, market and sell half a dozen accessories.
I've cancelled my LE GB and will put off buying a GB all together until KISS code is released.

I wouldn't cancel Ghostbusters. Dwight is on that code.

Watch the Making of Game of Thrones video on Stern's youtube page. Dwight has so much passion for what he does. The code is going to be good and in time, he will make sure it will be complete. I own a GOT LE and I love where the code is currently. It isn't broken.

-moderated-

#785 2 years ago

-moderated-

#786 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I know that... He was pretty vocal about ST code getting fixed and after the update it got, he hasn't said anything about it since. That's what I meant.
Rob

Because it isn't fundamentally broken like it was.

Steve doesn't need to be out championing a polish for Star Trek. He's busy Awaking the Force.

#787 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I wouldn't cancel Ghostbusters.

Most wouldnt but its a principal thing for me. I cant bitch about stern not releasing code on a NIB pin I bought 6 months ago and then lap up another NIB before I even play it.

#788 2 years ago

Because it isn't fundamentally broken like it was.

I'd consider it 'less broken' now, but there's still some glaring bugs in the game. Things like (useless) crew member callouts that rarely work, if at all for example. Nero 2 (and another mission or two) inserts blink faster (to the point of a flicker) based upon an internal timer that the mission doesn't use. The last update also broke the end mission callout for Nero 2 which does not play any more. Then there's the stuff that's never been fixed from day one, like animations completely missing any sound effects. Oh and don't forget the dismal black hole awards that haven't been improved from day one either.

Rob

#789 2 years ago

I agree it sucks if the code is incomplete. But that is unrelated to selling kiss accessories. It's not like the software team stopped coding to mold plastics.

#790 2 years ago

I'm sure someone waiting in line for gb le thanks you.

#791 2 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I agree it sucks if the code is incomplete. But that is unrelated to selling kiss accessories. It's not like the software team stopped coding to mold plastics.

It's actually quite closely related. As noted, home users (the same ones that prefer deeper code) are generally the same target for accessories.

They can do whatever they want but it continues to show how tone deaf they are and how inept their marketing can be.

#792 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Poor to say the least. It's time for another "Where's the code" effort for some games. Sure Stern released a much needed Avengers update and one for WWE a few months ago but now it seems like business as usual again when it comes to code updates. The only real improvement I would say made on the code front is that Dwights two most recently games, GOT and GB, appear to be offering code that is further along upon release then past titles.
How is it that Kiss hasn't received an update since September?! That was 6 months ago. Ridiculous and unacceptable. Owners of the game deserve better.
Notice how Stern made sure to get the code in for their $400 aftermarket topper though in the games last update...
Capture_(resized).JPG
Stern sure doesn't mind talking about KISS accessories on Facebook, this is just from yesterday...Why not post an update about code update status for KISS as well?
Where's the code Stern?

I posted on this Stern thread on Facebook and they promptly removed it. I posted "Since we have great accessories for KISS, how about a great code update? "

Nothing rude, outrageous, or demeaning, but it was removed. Really ? That is how you treat your customers who buy NIB premiums and LE's?

A load of sh*t is what it is!

#793 2 years ago

It's actually quite closely related. As noted, home users (the same ones that prefer deeper code) are generally the same target for accessories.
They can do whatever they want but it continues to show how tone deaf they are and how inept their marketing can be.

It's not closely related. Sure the folks interested may be the same. But the development and sales of a game mod has no impact on the timeliness of a code release. Code doesn't write itself. And the folk working on the code are not involved in the mods.

#794 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I posted on this Stern thread on Facebook and they promptly removed it. I posted "Since we have great accessories for KISS, how about a great code update? "
Nothing rude, outrageous, or demeaning, but it was removed. Really ? That is how you treat your customers who buy NIB premiums and LE's?

Yeah that's bad on them. It sounds like they are working on a big code update for the game so why couldn't they just reply back with a "we're working on it ".

#795 2 years ago

Stern will be Stern and Stern fanboys will be Stern fanboys. I've come to accept that reality. All I can say at this point is that you learn from your mistakes. Be smart and purchase the games once the code is polished and you know that they will complete the game with deep code. Short of that you just keep repeating the cycle.

#796 2 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

And the folk working on the code are not involved in the mods.

Obviously.

And I never suggested they were.

What I suggested was that sterns marketing group was tone deaf and inept.

#797 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I'm guessing you've now been banned from their FB page. They get virtually no traffic there due to everyone except fanboys being blocked.

#798 2 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

#799 2 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Stern will be Stern and Stern fanboys will be Stern fanboys. I've come to accept that reality. All I can say at this point is that you learn from your mistakes. Be smart and purchase the games once the code is polished and you know that they will complete the game with deep code. Short of that you just keep repeating the cycle.

Hasn't been an issue on the last two games. So buy away, boys!

#800 2 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I love it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Chicago, IL
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Odessa, FL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 21.00
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 5,599.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
4,600 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
White Hall, IL
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1019 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 21.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside