Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 256 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by BLACK_ROSE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

spanking.gif
    troncycle.jpg
    the_fly_sits.jpg
    david_hedison_ted.jpg
    th-7.jpeg
    voyage_bottom_sea_breach.jpg
    th-4.jpeg
    fly_grp_1a.jpg
    Bug_man.gif
    laughing.gif
    chiefmcmurphy.jpg
    mcmurphy.jpg
    Totem_pole.jpg
    Dirty_Karma_002.JPG
    ALL_Right.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 10 years ago

Great ideas Robin. There will always be a few that will be resistant to having their material edited or receiving a ban vote. If you disagree that is fine but arguing when asked to stop something by the staff and/or attacking moderators will not be tolerated. Robin has asked us to do what is needed to keep the tone positive here on Pinside and that is what we intend to do.

We have a team that has contributed to this site for a long time and have made every effort to keep this a peaceful place for the community to discuss Pinball. We get just about no recognition for what we do so it makes it a little frustrating to see a few react negatively to our efforts but that is just the way it goes sometimes. I think it is important to remember we are all here because we love pinball. Pinsiders are a passionate group without a doubt the key is to try and respect our fellow posters and realize that we can disagree without taking things over the line.

#155 10 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

In a perfect world moderators would not be needed at all. I have always hoped the implementation of a good community (rep) system might enable the community to do most of the moderating duties by itself. The Tilt warning for flagging NSFW content is a great example and something the community is much better/quicker at then any mod could. I would very much like to take some difficult jobs out of the moderators hands and into the hands of the community, eliminating bias and differences in interpretation. The question is how to do this? Maybe I can tie it in with the rep system: if people have too many downvotes in a day they will be "banned" from posting for a certain time period? This will also make things more clear and less "random". Hmm, this needs more thought for sure.

IMO and it is only that it is not a perfect world if it were I would own all the pins I wanted. The implementation of a rep/vote to ban system would likely intensify group mentality and silence those with an unpopular but not necessarily negative view point. There will always be some that want to abuse the system and a system like this would likely entice them to do so. Like creating multiple accounts to thumbs down a certain Pinsider they don't like to silence them. I would love to enjoy/join the discussions more and not have to worry about keeping the peace so if I turned out to be wrong I would love it.

#222 10 years ago
    Quoted from CitznFish:

You know what this forum needs? Some way to get back to the index page once you are at the bottom of a thread. I've looked and I do not see any link for this. I hate having to scroll all the way back to the top to click the "Forum" link, or hitting the back button 'x' amount of times depending on how many pages deep you are into a thread.
    Just my $.02

A little grey banner should follow you as you scroll down on the banner it gives you pages you can choose to go to. Simply click on the Forum tab and it will take you back to the main forum page.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/about-growing-pains-moderation-site-bans-karma-points-etcetera?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.