• 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by JReedie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aFan-Tas-Tic-Work-01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JReedie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

After working through a lot of problems on my Queens Castle machine and cleaning the entire thing multiple times I tested it and it ran perfectly. So then came the time to move it into the position that I want it and put the glass back on. I fire up my first game and half way through the score reels reset and the ball count counts to 0 then back up to 5 and a new game started while I was still playing.

I then discovered that after shooting the first ball and at least scoring 1 point I can press the start button and start a new game while a game is playing.

I've checked the Lock, game and game over relays and they all seem to function as the schematic states they should, any ideas as I'm totally stumped!

Thanks,
James

#7 7 years ago

Thank you for your advice everyone! It's a single player game which probably explains why it won't start a new game on ball 1. I took a look at the switch contacts on the start switch and they were adjusted a bit too closely which probably explains why it would restart by itself while a ball is in play.

Although the schematics look as if the machine allows for a "quick restart" shouldn't it wait for the ball do drain and then kick out the ball for a new game? As currently I can be playing a ball, start a new game and still have the ball from the previous game on the playfield

Thanks
James

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JReedie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/able-to-start-new-game-mid-game?tu=JReedie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.