Screenshot_20230418_100803_Gallery (resized).jpg
tuba (resized).jpg
E17D8316-F1BD-442B-9EA4-E2921A7F5BA6 (resized).jpeg
4779A72B-D0DF-4D39-B5F3-177BE8704427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20221028_172008816 (resized).jpg
PXL_20221028_172008816 (resized).jpg
PXL_20221028_171739984 (resized).jpg
PXL_20221027_190758793 (resized).jpg
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

I posted this in the GZ owners thread, but I think it will get buried there so I am reposting it and making a separate thread. The response has been great and we are now printing all of the orders, which will go out on Monday. Tracking will be provided when it ships. No international orders, unless you contact us first for a shipping quote (we can't send it for $15 shipped overseas). My son is a bit overwhelmed, but really excited about all of this...so thanks to all for your support! This is available on our website (link below) and in our Pinside Shop.

From the GZ thread:

Inspired by and with permission from ABE_FLIPS, we have designed our own shooter lane bracket to ensure clean plunges. As many of you are undoubtedly aware, this game suffers from poor plunges that rattle around and prevent clean exits. In this game, clean exits are pretty important given the vast number of skill shots. Our bracket is a 100% fix and I have provided a video of it below. It is also basically invisible and you can barely tell it's even there. We are offering the bracket for $15 on our website plus a small shipping fee, but we are also happy to provide the STL file free of charge to those who want to print it themselves with a link provided below.

https://lermods.com/shop-by-game/ols/products/abe-flips-godzilla-pinball-shooter-lane-fix

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HxJ1k_FU1im58LOMSEHx5j7F2E8gFyDs/view?usp=sharing

A little backstory on this. My 14 year old son designed the bracket and it was his first attempt at 3D printing. He is a freshman in high school and is taking an engineering class where they teach 3D printing. He has been asking me for something pinball related to print and I thought this would be a good project. He nailed the bracket on the first try, no modifications needed. All proceeds for this bracket will go to him and I'm hoping this encourages him to keep going. If you use the STL file to print yourself there is absolutely no obligation to send any money, but if you do want to send a couple of dollars, I will make sure he gets it. Just send me a PM for our payment info.

PXL_20221027_190758793 (resized).jpgPXL_20221027_190758793 (resized).jpgPXL_20221028_171739984 (resized).jpgPXL_20221028_171739984 (resized).jpg

PXL_20221028_172008816 (resized).jpgPXL_20221028_172008816 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

Looks like a good idea, I get my prem. monday, If I have the issue will order one..

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:If I have the issue will order one..

It's a beyond common issue with this machine, I ordered one this morning after battling with plunges rattling. The Godzilla owners thread is full of people trying to correct this issue, great job guys!

#4 1 year ago

I also want to update that we have extended the bracket past the ramp a few centimeters and it's now pretty much invisible. Everyone will be receiving the elongated version.

PXL_20221028_172008816 (resized).jpgPXL_20221028_172008816 (resized).jpg
#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I also want to update that we have extended the bracket past the ramp a few centimeters and it's now pretty much invisible. Everyone will be receiving the elongated version.
[quoted image]

Thanks again for this.

Just wondering if the STL is the longer version or not though. I have a buddy who is going to print this for me.

#6 1 year ago

It's the shorter one.

Quoted from purbeast:

Thanks again for this.
Just wondering if the STL is the longer version or not though. I have a buddy who is going to print this for me.

#7 1 year ago

Order is in! Thank you

#8 1 year ago

We’ve been a bit overwhelmed with all of the orders so please be patient with shipping. These are shipping out every day and we hope to have those that ordered through yesterday out by the end of the week. I do apologize, but we had to raise the price by $2 going forward so it’s $15 plus $1.99 shipped on our website. After adding up all the costs and time (packing, printing, shipping fees, PayPal/cc fees, taxes, etc) we were almost losing money. I’m fine making very little on these as profit here is not the motivation, but we do want to at least cover our costs.

#9 1 year ago

Does this by chance help the problem of the ball launching over mechagodzilla and getting stuck behind him?

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Does this by chance help the problem of the ball launching over mechagodzilla and getting stuck behind him?

Don’t know, I have a pro and never had an issue with the ball launching into the MG plastic from the shooter lane. What causes the ball to launch into MG on the premium/le?

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Don’t know, I have a pro and never had an issue with the ball launching into the MG plastic from the shooter lane. What causes the ball to launch into MG on the premium/le?

I have no idea what causes it. It could be a weird rattle bounce, I'm really not sure. It tends to be from the auto launcher though, which I have seen once with my own eyes, and from reports from other owners. I know the Zilla prem on location near me constantly has a ball stuck behind mecha. We free the ball, and the next time I come in, its stuck there again.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I have no idea what causes it. It could be a weird rattle bounce, I'm really not sure. It tends to be from the auto launcher though, which I have seen once with my own eyes, and from reports from other owners. I know the Zilla prem on location near me constantly has a ball stuck behind mecha. We free the ball, and the next time I come in, its stuck there again.

Well, we shipped a lot out the last two days so maybe someone will report back on this.

#13 1 year ago

Tried printing my own but the thicker side was protruding from the side when stuck on. Does this one?

Also, can you ship to Canada regular mail?

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Hershy:

Tried printing my own but the thicker side was protruding from the side when stuck on. Does this one?
Also, can you ship to Canada regular mail?

What tape did you use? We use super thin carpet tape. If you look at my pic above, it’s not protruding. You can choose first class international off our website.

#15 1 year ago

Lermods are you sharing the updated model file or just the shorter one? I was going to have a buddy print one out for me so I was curious if the most up to date one was available. Thanks.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What tape did you use? We use super thin carpet tape. If you look at my pic above, it’s not protruding. You can choose first class international off our website.

Thanks. was going to order until i saw $40 for shipping to Canada. I've had a mod weighing 3.5lbs sent for a lot less.

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from Hershy:

Thanks. was going to order until i saw $40 for shipping to Canada. I've had a mod weighing 3.5lbs sent for a lot less.

Our site is only allowing priority international, which I realize will be cost prohibitive for something like this. We are looking at trying to turn on first class shipping as an option. Until then, for those outside the US, send us an email or pm on pinside with your full address and we can calculate first class mail shipping cost.

#18 1 year ago

I installed this fix today and it works 100%!
Thanks for making these!

#19 1 year ago

Wasn’t sure if this would fix my problem or not, but figured it was worth a shot. Wouldn’t ya know, it did the trick! My plunges are buttery smooth now. Thanks Abe Flips & Lermods!

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from ax014:

Wasn’t sure if this would fix my problem or not, but figured it was worth a shot. Wouldn’t ya know, it did the trick! My plunges are buttery smooth now. Thanks Abe Flips & Lermods!

Yep. Made my own. This fixed the clunky plunge 100%. Can’t believe it

1 week later
#21 1 year ago

Please continue to post feedback on these. We’ve sold over 200 and we’ve had three people provide negative feedback. That’s a pretty good ratio I think, but I’d like to hear from more people. One person said it made things worse and two others complained about some scratches on the front of them. The scratches are on all of them and are just cosmetic, not noticeable from the player perspective and have zero impact on performance. They are just a function of what’s on the 3D print bed, basically like a mirror. I posted a pic from our website showing what you will receive. If the look of it bothers you, please don’t order.

It is my understanding that these are isolated issues, and feedback including in this thread has otherwise been very positive, but if I see more negative feedback, we will just stop offering them, which I think would be a shame since it clearly has helped people. This isn’t something we are making money on and I’m not going to have people asking to return them and lose money. This is just something we are offering to help solve a bad problem, which is also why we also posted the stl file for free.

For me, it’s been a 100% fix. When installing, make sure the mod sits flush all along the right wall and is as flush as possible with the metal protector the level sits on. If you still encounter bad plunges, you also want to make sure the plunger is hitting the ball in the center and not forcing the ball into the wall, which nothing except realignment will fix.

Please post your feedback….thx

4779A72B-D0DF-4D39-B5F3-177BE8704427 (resized).jpeg4779A72B-D0DF-4D39-B5F3-177BE8704427 (resized).jpeg

E17D8316-F1BD-442B-9EA4-E2921A7F5BA6 (resized).jpegE17D8316-F1BD-442B-9EA4-E2921A7F5BA6 (resized).jpeg
#22 1 year ago

Fix worked for me and it is 100% unnoticeable when playing my machine. Appreciate you selling these Lermods.

#23 1 year ago

It helped, but still get some rattling. I do have.a full length lane protector in from mezel, I need to remember to try without it. I made a full length one , and it worked better with protector in. All prior adjustments to shooter have been made .

Add: on the full length one, I removed the metal eject plate. This is not a negative review, but I need to do some more tweaks I guess.

#24 1 year ago

Mine works perfect. Totally took care of the issue for me. Thanks for offering these!!

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Please continue to post feedback on these. We’ve sold over 200 and we’ve had three people provide negative feedback. That’s a pretty good ratio I think, but I’d like to hear from more people. One person said it made things worse and two others complained about some scratches on the front of them. The scratches are on all of them and are just cosmetic, not noticeable from the player perspective and have zero impact on performance. They are just a function of what’s on the 3D print bed, basically like a mirror. I posted a pic from our website showing what you will receive. If the look of it bothers you, please don’t order.
It is my understanding that these are isolated issues, and feedback including in this thread has otherwise been very positive, but if I see more negative feedback, we will just stop offering them, which I think would be a shame since it clearly has helped people. This isn’t something we are making money on and I’m not going to have people asking to return them and lose money. This is just something we are offering to help solve a bad problem, which is also why we also posted the stl file for free.
For me, it’s been a 100% fix. When installing, make sure the mod sits flush all along the right wall and is as flush as possible with the metal protector the level sits on. If you still encounter bad plunges, you also want to make sure the plunger is hitting the ball in the center and not forcing the ball into the wall, which nothing except realignment will fix.
Please post your feedback….thx
[quoted image][quoted image]

4/200 negative feedback is not even worth posting here about in my opinion. You will never please everyone. Carry on!

#26 1 year ago

Easy cheap fix for smooth plunges- I can actually go for skill shots now-

#27 1 year ago

Didn't really help or make a difference on my machine so, I removed. It was cheap enough to be worth a try though, so no worries.

#28 1 year ago

Didn't really help or make a difference on my machine so, I removed it. It was cheap enough to be worth a try though, so no worries.

1 week later
#30 1 year ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Didn't really help or make a difference on my machine so, I removed. It was cheap enough to be worth a try though, so no worries.

Yeah at first I was noticing it was helping the ball not get stuck onto mechas arm. But I'm still get a ton of rattling , so not sure anymore what to do. Ah well.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Yeah at first I was noticing it was helping the ball not get stuck onto mechas arm. But I'm still get a ton of rattling , so not sure anymore what to do. Ah well.

Make sure the bracket is flush along the side wall.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Make sure the bracket is flush along the side wall.

roger that, ill check.

#33 1 year ago

Installed mine recently. Works as described. I had bad plunges maybe 20% of the time before. But none since I installed. It’s cheap and takes 5 seconds to install. Highly recommend

#34 1 year ago

My auto-plunge seems stronger than it needs to be now that I've installed this fix. Does anyone have a number that is working better than default?

#36 1 year ago

Can someone who printed the part themself post what double sided tape they used? Or the Lermods if you could?

I got a buddy printing it out for me and need to be sure to get the thinnest tape possible. I have never bought double sided tape so I'm not sure what thickness to be looking for.

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Can someone who printed the part themself post what double sided tape they used? Or the Lermods if you could?
I got a buddy printing it out for me and need to be sure to get the thinnest tape possible. I have never bought double sided tape so I'm not sure what thickness to be looking for.

This is what we use

Duck Brand 286373 Indoor/Outdoor Carpet Tape, 1.41-Inch x 42 Feet, White https://a.co/d/4rxPLxI

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

This is what we use
Duck Brand 286373 Indoor/Outdoor Carpet Tape, 1.41-Inch x 42 Feet, White https://a.co/d/4rxPLxI

Perfect, thanks!

3 months later
#39 1 year ago

Change nothing at all

#40 1 year ago

Changed nothing at all....

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from Holy_Pickle:

Change nothing at all

Check your shooter rod alignment. Show a pic of how the ball sits in the shooter lane. If the fix doesn’t work, there may be something else wrong with your game set up. Make sure your shooter rod is striking the ball in the center top and bottom and left and right.

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Check your shooter rod alignment. Show a pic of how the ball sits in the shooter lane. If the fix doesn’t work, there may be something else wrong with your game set up. Make sure your shooter rod is striking the ball in the center top and bottom and left and right.

Look at the attached photo, we see that the steel strip on the right is too far from the ramp. I took pliers and pulled him closer to the railing. Everything is now perfect.

tuba (resized).jpgtuba (resized).jpg
#43 1 year ago

Is this still an issue on newly built machines? I am not sure I'm seeing anything or not tbh. Looking at my edge, what I see is on the end of the lane, it may be screwed down just a hair too much causing the outer metal guide below it to slightly stick up above the top metal lane on the right side. This would I assume catch the ball and slow it down on exit. Where exactly is the rattle that is being experienced? Because all your pics point at the entrance, and I don't seem to have issues there.

1 week later
#44 1 year ago

My shooter absolutely sucks. I can't believe how bad it is. The plunger is weak as well. Is that everyone else's experience?

For me, I plunge the ball and it hits the bent steel behind the Mecha-zilla, rattles around and drops. It's so rare to get a clean shot through there, let alone make a skill shot.

That said, are you telling me that this is the exact problem that this side bracket fixes? If so, I'm definitely in. Take my money and send it right away. Lol

Here's a pic with my issue below.

Why the heck is this here even here? It serves no purpose and makes no sense to me.

If this persists after this fix, I'm pulling this thing out of the pf.

Screenshot_20230418_100803_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230418_100803_Gallery (resized).jpg
#45 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

My shooter absolutely sucks. I can't believe how bad it is. The plunger is weak as well. Is that everyone else's experience?

Does the plunger tip touch the ball at rest, or is there a gap? If there's a gap, your plunge will suck.

For reasons I can't understand, at some point Stern redesigned their shooter rods to be a hair shorter than standard. Depending on the build of your particular machine, this may or may not present an issue. It's been a problem at least as far back as Metallica, probably further.

Mine was noticeably short on Godzillla premium. You can put a filler (like a small post rubber) inside the shooter tip to close the gap, or get one of these bad boys from Pinball Life for nine bucks. PBL rods are the proper old-school length.
budget bling.jpgbudget bling.jpg

#46 1 year ago

Forgot to mention, you can also try removing the washer from outside the shooter housing to shift the rod a hair forward. You can see I've done that in the photo above.

#47 1 year ago

For some having issues, check the end of your lane. Mine was such that the right side was actually 1/16" lower than the outside wall which when the ball would hit it would cause the ball to do crazy things sometimes.

I ended up unscrewing the furthest screw, then bending it until it lined up across that lip and now it plunges great.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#48 1 year ago

From Yancy "Does the plunger tip touch the ball at rest, or is there a gap? If there's a gap, your plunge will suck."

Bro! YOU ARE SO RIGHT! TY so much for your reply back.

The shooter rod is almost a half inch away from the ball! It's also off center striking the ball to the right.

Tomorrow I will go into the machine and take some pics and make some adjustments. I'll probably buy a custom Zilla shooter rod off someone. I'll have to search in the stores here. If not your green one is nice, and I'll grab 1 of those.

Thanks again Yancy. I appreciate you for that info.

#49 1 year ago

I could sure use one of these fixes for a few stern games. Mando is the latest one driving me nuts with rattle off the plunge. That game would need an extra long one of these pieces though.

4 months later
#50 7 months ago

I just received mine and it is a 100% fix! The ball launches so smoothly now, and every time! Before this mod 3/4 of my super skill shot attempts just bounced around behind the scoop. Now it leaves the Mecha Godzilla lane every time. I'm glad I bought 2 because I'm going to install one on my buddy's GZ at his arcade where we have tournaments.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

20230909_135413 (resized).jpg20230909_135413 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/abe_flips-godzilla-shooter-lane-fix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.