7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by robin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

No doubt many of you have seen the massive increase in spammer attacks to the Pinside forum: New Pinside users posting crazy stuff that has nothing to do with pinball. We (the moderators and I) are getting pretty sick of all the work in removing this and so today I have found some time to program in some new measures to prevent this.

Needless to say, I won't explain here what triggers the filters. So why post this at all? Well, the stuff I built today should be smart enough to differentiate between a good and bad post, but obviously in some circumstances legitimate posters could trigger the filters and I wanted to give you a heads up. If you get an error alert box when posting, saying something like "Unspecified posting error", please PM me the contents of your post so I can see why it triggered the error.

On a side note, did you see the new donations banner I put on the front page? Donations have been pretty slow in the past few months so here's a friendly reminder to please keep your hearts red and contribute a little to the Pinside, if you can. Thanks for the support!

#2 7 years ago

Thanks, Robin! I just donated.

Thanks for dealing with this spam stuff. The ones I've seen (and reported) lately all looked similar enough that I'm optimistic your filters will be effective in keeping them out.

#3 7 years ago

Thanks Steve, I appreciate it a lot.

Reminds me to also mention that your spam reports definitely help me analyze spammer behaviours and script the filters accordingly ! Keep 'em coming, simply use the report link above a spam post and choose reason 'SPAM'. Thanks!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside