Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dragster73
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Picked up the filthiest A13 I've ever seen...filthiest game I've ever seen in general I think. Have 2 separate issues. The display seems to light up all the way on some screens but not on others. Shows up very dim or bright or like a slight burn depending on what the machine is doing. Is this a bad dmd, high voltage kit, or what? See YouTube video here:

While I was taking the movies the game got a stuck ball and then decided that it would freeze before you can pull the plunger. Could this be just a simple dirty switch since the game looks like it was buried in the backyard somewhere? See YouTube vid here:

Thanks in advance!

#2 11 years ago

Is there any signs of battery damage on the CPU?

#3 11 years ago

the 11 balls missing message on display suggest a bad switch on ball through lane !
probably the display has some age and is going to fail put in another machine or swap with another
dmd to have a start point this considering the high voltages OK

1 month later
#4 11 years ago

The missing balls error was only because I didn't load them all in the machine. Just played the game the other day...no freezing and the display was actually much, much better. Makes me wonder if it's not the display but maybe the ribbon cable instead?

New problem, the moon magnet picks up the ball, rotates, but won't drop it in the subway. It allows it to hover over the subway, then brings it back to where it started and drops the ball in the rail. I don't think that's the way it's supposed to work, is it?

This game really is filthy so I'm going to have to clean it and install a new rubber kit on it since one is broken already. I would imagine some optos may be really dirty too, just not sure where they are in this game.

The start button on the left side of the cabinet does not always work either, maybe just dirty since this is the dirtiest game that I know of right now? Thoughts?

Didn't see any board damage.

2 weeks later
#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcadegarage:

The missing balls error was only because I didn't load them all in the machine. Just played the game the other day...no freezing and the display was actually much, much better. Makes me wonder if it's not the display but maybe the ribbon cable instead?
New problem, the moon magnet picks up the ball, rotates, but won't drop it in the subway. It allows it to hover over the subway, then brings it back to where it started and drops the ball in the rail. I don't think that's the way it's supposed to work, is it?
This game really is filthy so I'm going to have to clean it and install a new rubber kit on it since one is broken already. I would imagine some optos may be really dirty too, just not sure where they are in this game.
The start button on the left side of the cabinet does not always work either, maybe just dirty since this is the dirtiest game that I know of right now? Thoughts?
Didn't see any board damage.

There has to be a limit switch that lets the game now when the ball has reached it's drop off point!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a13-display-and-game-freezing-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.