(Topic ID: 327675)

A Xmas Present for Levi - an AI generated price-complaint rant

By mbeardsley

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I asked the "ChatGPT AI" to produce a complaint about the high cost of pinball machines, and it produced this...

"I am extremely disappointed with the high cost of pinball machines these days. It seems like every time I go to a arcade or a bar that has a pinball machine, the cost to play is outrageous. Not only are the prices for a single game exorbitant, but many places also charge extra for unlimited play or offer a limited number of games for a set price.
    Furthermore, it seems like the cost of purchasing a pinball machine for personal use has also skyrocketed. It's hard to justify spending thousands of dollars on a single machine when there are so many other things I could be spending that money on.
    I understand that these machines require maintenance and upkeep, but the cost for playing or owning one just seems unreasonable. It's a shame because I used to love playing pinball, but now it's just not worth the cost."

I then asked it to write a poem on the same topic, and it produced this...

"The high cost of pinball machines,
    A price that seems to never decline,
    It takes a toll on the wallet and the mind,
    As players search for the perfect design.

Some will scour the earth,
    For the latest and greatest,
    With flashing lights and sound,
    They'll spend their money without restraint.

But for the true pinball fanatic,
    The cost is worth it all,
    For the thrill of the game,
    And the memories it will recall.

So if you're looking for a pinball machine,
    Be prepared to pay the price,
    For the joy of the game,
    Is worth it all, at least twice."

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

I asked the "ChatGPT AI" to produce a complaint about the high cost of pinball machines, and it produced this...
    "I am extremely disappointed with the high cost of pinball machines these days. It seems like every time I go to a arcade or a bar that has a pinball machine, the cost to play is outrageous. Not only are the prices for a single game exorbitant, but many places also charge extra for unlimited play or offer a limited number of games for a set price.
    Furthermore, it seems like the cost of purchasing a pinball machine for personal use has also skyrocketed. It's hard to justify spending thousands of dollars on a single machine when there are so many other things I could be spending that money on.
    I understand that these machines require maintenance and upkeep, but the cost for playing or owning one just seems unreasonable. It's a shame because I used to love playing pinball, but now it's just not worth the cost."
    For the joy of the game,

Too coherent, and not even a passing mention of the “bubble”. Disappointed in ChatGPT.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

For the joy of the game,

I dig the poem! It's worth it all, at least twice!

#4 1 year ago

Not one word about lunch meats and Shasta.WTF. At least include a cargument.

#5 1 year ago

Good to know that I have the same sentiment as AI

#6 1 year ago

Jokes on you, he's a pinside bot.

#7 1 year ago

My question is can the bot learn to write responses just like Levi?

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from newovad:

My question is can the bot learn to write responses just like Levi?

A bot copy pastes things with ease I'm sure

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-xmas-present-for-levi-an-ai-generated-price-complaint-rant and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.