(Topic ID: 60098)

a woz reliability report from a heavily routed machine..

By bigehrl

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 272 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MTPPC
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

woz_lcd.jpg
NewC.jpg
black-hole-gottlieb-backglass.jpg
snickers.jpg
image.jpg
backglasswoz_492_detail.jpg
download.jpg
3870927332_e2654abbbf.jpg
IMG_4207.JPG
New_Canasta.jpg
IMG_6937.jpg
IMG_6930.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider garymartin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Yah, I'm all about moving technology forward.
However, I've had a few beers, conversations, hung it on my wall and spent a ton of time just staring at this:

Sure beats staring at this:

Doesn't look stellar when it's not turned on ...

Have you *seen* a WOZ backglass with the monitor turned off? IMHO it's superior to quite a few other translites and backglasses out there already. Of course it's mirrored, so that knocks out a lot of translites anyway...

#197 10 years ago

Oh wait a minute.... What about the guys that only play their pins in the dark? Do they then stare at their backglass once it's turned off too?

#260 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

My average WOZ gametime must have been well under 2 minutes in your place yesterday. Played about 10 games. Outlanes were brutal. Ball save didn't seem too active. What's the average? I just sucked.

Count how long the Shoot Again insert by the flippers stays Green after launching the ball. That will tell you how long the Ball Save is set to.

#267 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Just a couple flippers here and there. I didn't play everything. CV looked great, didn't play it. SM looked good, didn't play it. Getaway needs some TLC. Upper right flipper IIRC. Can't remember, one the games behind WOZ...needed some help. Can any of your staff do any game work? You shouldn't be the only one working on the games these days. You don't have enough hours with the business and the new bar.
I'm trying to be constructive. I don't get in there as much as I'd like so it coulda just been an off day, but it seems that your traffic has just gotten off the charts, so naturally the games are getting good play and will need attention more often.
That WOZ is just a freaking beast. Your 457K is nothing short of amazing...but I did hear tell of a little scoring technique ... .... If I could keep the ball alive long enough.

Munchkins! Munchkin land modes == Money on WOZ.

#269 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wonder if the next update will have final two Munchkin modes? I'm personally hoping that the existing Munchkin modes have there rules updated a bit to include progression. I believe as it stands now the two modes just award points for certain shots but there is not a sequence to follow unlike LOTR and TSPP. Keith has already redid the rules for Rescue MB so hopefully the same is coming for some of the current modes in the game.

The Munchkin land modes are money (points) because you can rack up the value of each hit with each additional Rainbow target you get. They start at 1000 per target and I've not seen an upper limit on how high you can push that per target amount. They're short modes (30 sec by default) but if you can get one going during a multiball, you can get some significant points out of it!

I would be fine if the current two Munchkinland modes remain as-is, making the last two something more goal oriented.

I'd REALLY rather see the Witch battles worked on next. She's kinda the major opponent after all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 5.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 24.50
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider garymartin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-woz-reliability-report-from-a-heavily-routed-machine?tu=garymartin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.