(Topic ID: 60098)

a woz reliability report from a heavily routed machine..

By bigehrl

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 272 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MTPPC
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

woz_lcd.jpg
NewC.jpg
black-hole-gottlieb-backglass.jpg
snickers.jpg
image.jpg
backglasswoz_492_detail.jpg
download.jpg
3870927332_e2654abbbf.jpg
IMG_4207.JPG
New_Canasta.jpg
IMG_6937.jpg
IMG_6930.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#153 10 years ago

I played Jon's WOZ after it had about 3000 plays. It was the first production WOZ I got to play. It made me really happy I had one on order. That game had more games than mine will get for years and it looked great. For all the junk that I have heard lately, playing it was all that mattered. I disagree with quite a few users that populate WOZ threads. However, I don't understand why WOZ fanboys continue to try to reason with them. The game is a freaking blast. I couldn't care less if anyone else likes it. Once it hits my house I'll just play the crap out of it because I think it is a really fun game.

#203 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Rommy-Crash
seriously?? He is not making personal attacks or going off. Yeah his opinion may annoy you but thats what ignore is for. Trying to kick someone off because you don't like them or their views is an actual attack.

No it is not. He is just expressing his opinion that he should be kicked off. If you don't agree with his opinion, ignore him.

#208 10 years ago

Amen! Much better than the black hole... keep a beautiful backglass with a small LCD slightly bigger than the current DMD. Best of both worlds!

Yes!

NewC.jpgNewC.jpg

#212 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Well the last two WoZ's Ive seen in the wild had to be turned off in the middle of the day due to "prototype issues" so maybe it IS an issue for this pin

Maybe just a message on the LCD that says
"When this thing works, it really kicks ass! While you're standing there- please appreciate the build quality... sorry its turned off, but you know what they say, 'the journey is the reward'"

Are you asking for that message when it is turned on or off? And you don't need to be shy, which prototype machines are you talking about?

#233 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You sound pretty much over the top with all this. You make it sound much, much worse than it is. I suggest 'ignore'. Please smile, stay positive and try to have a happy day!

I don't think he is making it sound worse than it is Teek. He is just paraphrasing your posts. The tone sounded spot on to me. His starting to hate WOZ is misplaced though. I think he may actually be saying he hates WOZ threads, but I'll leave that to him to clarify.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#234 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I think Robin should give ops a mini-moderator power to police their own thread. As a mini-mod, you could mark OT posts in your own thread for removal.
It could keep the posts cleaner and more useful.

That would most likely be a disaster. It would start a thread war. Differing opinions would be squashed and so you would have two threads with the same subject, one positive, and one negative. You think WOZ threads turn crappy now? Wait until (insert idiot Pinside user name here) starts a thread about it.

#242 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

My responses were mainly dealing with the LCD and the size of it. Plenty of us were discussing both its pros and cons. Plenty here agreed with my stance. Many didn't... what's the big deal? Good forum discussion derailed when some chose to start calling me out by name, wanting me banned.
Ridiculous!

It still is a good forum discussion Teek. Including the part where someone wanted trolling to be banned (impractical) and the part where you think the size of the LCD in WOZ is improper. I disagree with your LCD opinion only because the one in WOZ is amazing to see when you are playing a multiplayer game waiting for your turn. It is much more engaging than a small DMD is, or that a small DMD sized LCD would be. A machine that can engage and excite people while not playing it is innovative. Even your opinion of having art on the backglass when the machine is off is valid, but I just disagree with it. I walk past machines that are turned off every day, and they look pretty dark. Not black like WOZ, but an unlit translite is pretty blah as well.

#250 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

If you change the words to this song it could be the new anthem for WOZ
Change "America" to "WoZ" and you got a hit .
» YouTube video

So as Teek puts it, this is "Good forum discussion"? Can you please elaborate on your actual intention with this? I have my guesses, but instead of guessing at them I'd rather you pontificate on this addition to the discussion.

#256 10 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

The shop's open from 10am-10pm (usually much later if people are playing, which they often are), 7 days a week.
I really haven't tried the math myself, but it is almost always being played. Not sure about your guess on the 6min avg game time, but that sounds high to me..
I should also say that I may have had the machine Btwn 9-12 weeks, rather than the 9 I guessed when I started this topic. A lot of you guys know ive been pretty overwhelmed w another project, so the days are starting to feel the same, but Maybe Jack could remember better. But even if it was a few more weeks than I said, it further bolsters the pro-reliability argument.

If the time of arrival matters:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-now-up-and-running-at-reciprocal-nyc

And I would agree that 6 minutes per game is a high guess. That thing kicked my butt when I played it. I'm sure I had a game or two that long, but they seemed a lot shorter playing it. From the look of the rules so far it will be a bit like LOTR. A game that you MIGHT be able to do everything it will have to offer, but you won't do it all in one game unless you are crazy good.

#258 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I am soooo visiting Reciprocal next time I get to Manhattan!

You won't be disappointed. Then walk over to Brindle for a steak burger and homecut fries, and then back to Reciprocal for more games. Good times.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 91.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-woz-reliability-report-from-a-heavily-routed-machine?tu=daveh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.