IMG_1095 (resized).JPG
IMG_1094 (resized).JPG
jetsons (resized).jpg
IMG_0692 (resized).JPG
IMG_0689 (resized).JPG
jetsons_pinball-mod (resized).jpg
jetsons_elevator_tube (resized).jpg
IMG_9333 (resized).JPG
There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

Why add more instead of lowering price?

#52 7 years ago

Wow- Perhaps the classiest two guys in pinball and there families and wife's that believe in them. Just so we can smile from something that brings joy to our lives, pinball.
My wife and I where very happy to email KT on Sunday and buy this game. We are very excited to add this to our collection. The smile on my 10 year olds face was picture worthy. Finally dad is buying a machine he can get into.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

What intrigues me about this the most is to see how those companies might evolve from this point. How far will the pinball business go from here, and can they grow bigger--do they even want to?

They can move into the old Stern plant....

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Finally dad is buying a machine he can get into.

Maybe a 3rd Hurricane would do the trick too.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Yeah... still not interested.

IMG_0692 (resized).JPGIMG_0692 (resized).JPG

#57 7 years ago

Charlie and Spooky Pinball team are such an asset to pinball. Well done. Look forward to meeting you in Texas. Proud AMH and RZ owner!!!

#58 7 years ago

When it's completed will it at least have as many features as a Pirates Zizzle?

#59 7 years ago

I really hope that your biz takes off. I would love to see all sterns business go to you. Gary Stern has fucked people over for years and gotten away with it. You are putting out a nice product for a fair price and you actually seem to care about your customers. I got my deposit back for Ghostbusters and I'm glad I did. I would love to buy one of your products in the future.

#60 7 years ago

Well...the F-word may be a little harsh for the way Stern operates, but they sure do have an interesting business model...

#61 7 years ago

When will these be shipping?
What's the lag time between deposits and receiving....very curious???

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Economies of scale. It's a small run. A little can make a lot of difference in appearance, but the price drop wouldn't be enough to matter at this size.

#63 7 years ago

This set of 6 Jetsons figurines is $20. Easy way to dress up the playfield with a few of these, and there are more than 250 sets out there to buy up.

jetsons (resized).jpgjetsons (resized).jpg

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This set of 6 Jetsons figurines is $20. Easy way to dress up the playfield with a few of these, and there are more than 250 sets out there to buy up.

They look pretty chintzy for a 6K+ machine.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

They look pretty chintzy for a 6K+ machine.

Custom figures are expensive since they EACH need an injection mold made and each also need individual approval from the licensor. These are already made and approved and are plenty good enough quality for the machine, matching some of the off the shelf toys Stern has used before. Licensed properties are not as easy to handle as you may think if you've never done it.

Besides, these are inexpensive and available now in quantity. I'm not saying these are the ONLY thing to add, but if there's a budget of say $200 per machine to improve it, these, real drop target banks to replace the standups, and a few other easy things would be money well spent and drastically help the visual of the game and overall fun factor.

If I were doing it, I'd put an exit at the bottom side of the ramp above the pops that either dropped into the pops (think walk the plank on Pirates) or doubled back parallel to the "up" part and exited by dropping onto the PF at the Elroy point to the right of the entrance (or even doubled back to come OUT at the entrance!). That would add some relatively easy interest to the ramp shot.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Custom figures are expensive since they EACH need an injection mold made and each also need individual approval from the licensor. These are already made and approved and are plenty good enough quality for the machine, matching some of the off the shelf toys Stern has used before. Licensed properties are not as easy to handle as you may think if you've never done it.
Besides, these are inexpensive and available now in quantity. I'm not saying these are the ONLY thing to add, but if there's a budget of say $200 per machine to improve it, these, real drop target banks to replace the standups, and a few other easy things would be money well spent and drastically help the visual of the game. If I were doing it, I'd put an exit at the bottom side of the ramp above the pops that either dropped into the pops (think walk the plank on Pirates) or doubled back parallel to the "up" part and exited by dropping onto the PF at the Elroy point to the right of the entrance. That would add some relatively easy interest to the ramp shot.

I can't disagree, but at these price points I believe manufacturers will have to start delivering fun and quality.

I just don't believe buyers will accept mediocrity at 5K-6K much longer

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

The smile on my 10 year olds face was picture worthy. Finally dad is buying a machine he can get into.

Do your kids watch the Jetson's? Unless I went out of my way to find that show mine wouldn't have a clue. I watched it when I was a kid of course. Kids like the game just because it's "cartoony" looking maybe?

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I can't disagree, but at these price points I believe manufacturers will have to start delivering fun and quality.
I just don't believe buyers will accept mediocrity at 5K-6K much longer

I think you're confusing hardcore with casual players. People like Harley Davidson (enough to run it 3-4 times and sell many thousands of them), and it SUCKS as a pin. But they're Harley fans, so they like it. As long as it doesn't go above 6k, he'll probably find the hundreds of buyers he needs to make this a success. Especially if the screen integration is fun and interesting.

#69 7 years ago

When I first saw this game I headed straight to their website to check it out. What a great theme! I grew up in the 60s and 70s watching The Jetsons every Saturday. Unfortunately, they game looks a bit sparse. I know they're trying to hold the price point down and maybe appeal to a wider audience. I'd just like to see a bit more added to the game.

#70 7 years ago

Just bring on the sprockets!!!

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Just bring on the sprockets!!!

#72 7 years ago

And I LOVE my Rob Zombie that I traded for! What a great game! Rather than less to shoot at, I love that there are game modes and add a ball. The game's dots are great and I enjoy multibalks and modes which require many switch hits, which RZ also has. And its a blank canvas with lots of space for modding. Overall, I am thrilled and well done Spooky.

#73 7 years ago

This was the right move, and will do nothing but to put this partnership in a better light. Really looking forward to seeing it at TPF. Maybe if this thing blows up, there will be more themes in the future from TPC that I might be more interested in. Voltron, guys?!

#74 7 years ago

Here's a Jetsons Hallmark Keepsake ornament from 1996 that lights up and even has animated illumination in the exhaust clouds. Aside from the wrapped gifts on their laps and George's Santa hat, it's a neat toy.

IMG_1094 (resized).JPGIMG_1094 (resized).JPG

IMG_1095 (resized).JPGIMG_1095 (resized).JPG

IMG_1096 (resized).JPGIMG_1096 (resized).JPG

#75 7 years ago

jetsons (resized).JPGjetsons (resized).JPG

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Do your kids watch the Jetson's? Unless I went out of my way to find that show mine wouldn't have a clue. I watched it when I was a kid of course. Kids like the game just because it's "cartoony" looking maybe?

Where do you find cartoons anymore? My cable has almost no cartoons that are worth watching. They took away the channel that had South Park. There is no Nick. There is only the lame crap on Disney Channel and Cartoon Network has garbage like Caillu or Rick and Morty.

#77 7 years ago

You need a channel called Boomerang. Lots of great old toons on this channel.

Quoted from zr11990:

Where do you find cartoons anymore? My cable has almost no cartoons that are worth watching. They took away the channel that had South Park. There is no Nick. There is only the lame crap on Disney Channel and Cartoon Network has garbage like Caillu or Rick and Morty.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You ever watch ricky and morty?

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Amazon Prime has some good originals. Cartoon and DisneyXD(phineas and ferb etc.) have some good shows. Marvel universe shows--several, including Spider-man(s) are pretty good.

1 week later
#80 7 years ago

any updates?
(bump)

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I think this should be next, say 1500 units.
Lets starts a crowd fund!

1 week later
#82 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I have watched Rick and Morty a couple of times with my son and I think it is stupid. When I think of cartoons I think of Scooby Doo or even Sponge Bob but R/M or The Adventures of Gumball or shit like that are too stupid IMO.

#83 7 years ago

Steven Universe, Clarence, and Adventure Time are the ones I hear most about - Adventure Time and Steven Universe both seem well suited to pins.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

R/M or The Adventures of Gumball or shit like that are too stupid IMO

You are too old to appreciate R/M, imo. IMG_0698 (resized).PNGIMG_0698 (resized).PNG

#85 7 years ago

Hey man, I'm old, and I love Rick and Morty....

"Both of you are pieces of $#!t, and I can prove it mathematically. Hold on, let me get my whiteboard. This has been a long time coming..."

Later,
EV

"Tiny Rick!!!"

#86 7 years ago

You have not lived until you've watched rick and morty

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

but R/M or The Adventures of Gumball or shit like that are too stupid IMO.

There ARE a lot of dumb kids cartoons - but R&M is actually really well written and pretty decent actual sci-fi to boot. Its fantastic.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

There ARE a lot of dumb kids cartoons - but R&M is actually really well written and pretty decent actual sci-fi to boot. Its fantastic.

Good judgement. R&M as a pin would get my money. IMG_0701 (resized).JPGIMG_0701 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#89 7 years ago

Any News, Updates?
One week away, really hope more news about production will happen at TPF.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I have watched Rick and Morty a couple of times with my son and I think it is stupid. When I think of cartoons I think of Scooby Doo or even Sponge Bob but R/M or The Adventures of Gumball or shit like that are too stupid IMO.

Ah, you must be a bit older. Its a good show, but you arn't the target audience.

#91 7 years ago

you're ALL old... any news on jetsons ?

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

you're ALL old... any news on jetsons ?

It's not a video game theme... wtf do you care?!

3 months later
#93 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

It's not a video game theme... wtf do you care?!

3 month check-in... any news ?

jetsons-video-game-1.gifjetsons-video-game-1.gif

1 week later
#94 6 years ago

Wonder if these are shipping in 2017...

#95 6 years ago

They just put one on location in MI as a test machine.

Added over 7 years ago: WI, not MI. Sorry folks.

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-word-from-charlie-regarding-jetsons-the-pinball-company-spooky/page/2?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.