IMG_1095 (resized).JPG
IMG_1094 (resized).JPG
jetsons (resized).jpg
IMG_0692 (resized).JPG
IMG_0689 (resized).JPG
jetsons_pinball-mod (resized).jpg
jetsons_elevator_tube (resized).jpg
IMG_9333 (resized).JPG
There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Good morning Pinsiders. Anything interesting going on in here lately?!

I have been going back and forth with Nic from The Pinball Company the last few days on feelings we all have on The Jetsons... and how to make this a better product. Trust me, Nic is a stand up guy... he has heard your voices, and we ALL want this to be right.

Bottom line is making any game in limited numbers like this is expensive. When you add the natural "less is more" costs of parts, metal, employees, licensing, etc etc... this game is NOT where it should be in price. Please understand THIS IS MY OPINION... doesn't mean I speak for anyone else.

Jetsons from day 1 was designed by The Pinball Company as a simple fun game that is easy to understand... Jon Chad did a FANTASTIC job on the art package! Not every game needs to be LOTR deep in rules. New players and kids are going to LOVE the game Dan & Nathan Goett came up with.

Having said all this... after talking to Nic, he has agreed to let Spooky make some changes on this. The Pinball Company is allowing us some extra room in the build costs, and we're going to make the MOST OF IT! While it's not "our" game, it's still made here, and both Nic and I want to see this be as GOOD as it can be for The Pinball Company, Spooky Pinball LLC, and everyone who would like to own this game.

So what does this mean? It means that the first 250 Jetsons games will be a flat $5,999... no price increases. It means that when we show up with this game at the Texas Pinball Festival and it sits PROUDLY in the Spooky Pinball booth, it will be what The Pinball Company intended their first game to be, but also more than you've seen to date... so stay tuned.

The fact that Nic and The Pinball Company let me come on here, make this statement, and agreed to let us help make their game BETTER than what you've seen at THEIR expense... tells you all you should need to know about their business and the type of people they are. We're very proud to have this association with everyone at The Pinball Company. We're helping them take steps to grow their business, and the work they've provided has certainly helped grow ours... again, all the risk is on us, not the consumer, and we're proud of that.

We'll see you in Texas and MGC with the results. You like what you see, call Nic and Brooke at The Pinball Company and get a game... or KT will be in the booth and can take your order as well.

Thanks for reading.
Charlie

#2 7 years ago

I thought it was fine. Sure it was a little plain but it wasn't a big deal. Its just impossible to please some people.

edit- I'd just like to clarify I still think its cool that you're adding more features.

#3 7 years ago

Excellent

especially about no cost increases for the first 250 games. I'd like to see some gameplay etc.. before deciding.

#4 7 years ago

This is why you guys are the best in my opinion, keep it up.

#5 7 years ago

I am proud to be a customer of Charlie's (AMH and RZ) and now, just as proud, to be an owner of "The Jetsons."

#6 7 years ago

Class act all the way around, Spooky and TPC!

I hope that in the future you can spend less time WASTED here and more time improving what you guys do best (being the leader in pinball kickassery)

#7 7 years ago

Great work, again, Charlie !

LTG : )

#8 7 years ago

IMG_9333 (resized).JPGIMG_9333 (resized).JPG

#9 7 years ago

Don't know if it's a fair question but is 300 the absolute ceiling for production?

#10 7 years ago

Fantastic! I'm always a fan of giving the creators more control. Glad to hear they're giving you some freedom to expand on the existing concept. It looked very nice, and I agree every game doesn't need to be LOTR deep, but I agree that it can be even better and am eager to see where you take it.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

Don't know if it's a fair question but is 300 the absolute ceiling for production?

Yes.

That is how many they can make before the license runs out. Stated in one of these threads.

LTG : )

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

The Pinball Company is allowing us some extra room in the build costs, and we're going to make the MOST OF IT!

It might block the art, but I think making the left scoop an elevator tube would add a lot. A 3d print from clear PLA would be cheap and effective.

jetsons_elevator_tube (resized).jpgjetsons_elevator_tube (resized).jpg

jetsons_pinball-mod (resized).jpgjetsons_pinball-mod (resized).jpg

#13 7 years ago

Time and time again, Spooky shows they are not just manufacturers, but are a part of the community.

#14 7 years ago

Doing stuff like this will get you a long way. I have played AMH and I liked it and it seemed like a well made game. If you continue making pins this good with customer service like this you could replace Stern for a lot of people. Stern doesn't seem interested in anything other than getting peoples money and getting a lot of it at one time. I certainly would consider buying from you if you came out with a theme I was interested in with a little more stuff on the PF. Keep up the good work.

#15 7 years ago

The cream always rise to the top!!! Well done.

#16 7 years ago

Sounds good.. even though i'm not a buyer i really hope you do something about the backboard since it, as for now, is too empty. some 3D-models of those typical futuristic houses from the show would look pretty good back there. Even better if they're able to be modded with lights to be lit up inside.

#18 7 years ago

Good morning Pinsiders. Anything interesting going on in here lately?!

I owe you a beer next time we meet, Mr. Emery. Maybe a burger too.

Nicely done, sir.

#19 7 years ago

I've got nothing but positive things to say about Nic, Brooke, Dan, Nathan and the rest of the crew at The Pinball Company. It also goes without saying that I've got nothing but positive things to say about Charlie, KT, and the entire Spooky gang.

I believe making every customer possible, beyond happy, is the goal from everyone involved.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#20 7 years ago

Does that just mean you're drinking a beer in Charlie's honor Bryan?

#21 7 years ago

+1 on back wall detail.

Might consider lollypop type button covers to ward off fade or scratches.

#22 7 years ago

Charlie is easily one of the best human beings in pinball.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Does that just mean you're drinking a beer in Charlie's honor Bryan?

Seriously?? It's only 1:20!!!

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Seriously?? It's only 1:20!!!

Haha, just wanted to get in on the Bryan Kelly beer jokes.

#25 7 years ago

all you guys Rock & Roll !

#26 7 years ago

Nicely done!

#27 7 years ago

it will be what The Pinball Company intended their first game to be
Charlie

So there's more titles in the pipeline? Interesting.

#28 7 years ago

Commendable, appreciated, and not entirely necessary. I was happy to see a simple and approachable game. Sure it can be better, and impressed there's room to press that limit of cost and time.

As always Spooky continues to impress and show appreciation and respect for the community.

#29 7 years ago

Well said Charlie. I love working with this guy! And thanks to all Pinsiders for your kind words, constructive criticisms, and great ideas!

NIC

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Charlie is easily one of the best human beings in pinball.

Ha ha .... I emailed Charlie and told him after he posted that he's the 'Betty White of Pinball'... saggy boobs and all !

#32 7 years ago

Thank Nic and The Pinball Company... he and his family are the ones who risked a ton to make this game happen. And again... did so from their own pockets. We respect the hell out of that here.

The more games we build, the better we get. I get yelled at on a daily basis for ANYTHING we get wrong. Takes a .10 cent part to mess with a $6,000 game. Goal is to get that yelling down to once or twice a week.

And nice or not, I don't hold a candle to Bryan Kelly. I mean that literally... he's gassy, and at his age he's pretty dried out and would go up quick.

#33 7 years ago

Amazing announcement!

Charlie & Nic I think this speaks for all of us on pinside

IMG_0689 (resized).JPGIMG_0689 (resized).JPG

#34 7 years ago

And nice or not, I don't hold a candle to Bryan Kelly. I mean that literally... he's gassy, and at his age he's pretty dried out and would go up quick.

Well....that escalated quickly.

#35 7 years ago

So is Spooky #3(or technically #5) still going to be announced at TPF?

#36 7 years ago

*slow clap*

#37 7 years ago

Cheers to Charlie and all the others at Spooky making those games!!

#38 7 years ago

This pin is turning out to be the 'Snakes on a Plane' version of a game. I mean that in the most positive sense. I was leaning towards passing, but now I am leaning towards buying. Love the theme and the collaborative efforts of both companies. Those factory lines at Spooky HQ are going to be busy in 2017! If I knew more about pin-tech beyond installing a fuse, I'd be applying for a job! Though perhaps being a Green Bay Packers fan in also a pre-requisite to work at Spooky, and I'm more of a baseball guy!

#39 7 years ago

This is outstanding. I've never played a Spooky game, but I'll go out of my way to next time.

#40 7 years ago

Spooky is legit. Best company going imo. Can't wait to see what the future holds.

#41 7 years ago

Spooky is always a class act when it comes to taking care of their contracts and customers. Can't wait to see their continued success.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

This is outstanding. I've never played a Spooky game, but I'll go out of my way to next time.

I've played AMH over a hundred times at shows. Really like the feel of the game. Build quality is very good. No complaints. If Jetson had a little more going for it I would be all in.

#43 7 years ago

I'll echo all the comments re: Charlie. He is the real deal and the nicest guy in pinball. We have been shipping Domino's games to many first time pinball owners and he has been an incredible one man technical support group. He responds immediately to every text, email and call from me without delay or complaint. Jetsons looks super fun and might be exactly what I need to get my wife and 3-year old to play more pinball (simpler game, colorful and a theme that is familiar and family friendly). Congratulations Spooky.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

if you came out with a theme I was interested in with a little more stuff on the PF. Keep up the good work.

Stay tuned!?

#45 7 years ago

As I read all of this, the only thing that comes to mind is to compare this thread and Charlie's statements (well, maybe not the one about Bryan ) with the Pinside threads about other manufacturers. At that point, you will know all you need to know about Spooky.

I cannot wait to see how Jetsons turns out. I had my 2017 pin money earmarked for another game, but as usual the team from Benton jumps in and makes a good case.

Bravo Charlie and team Spooky!

#46 7 years ago

A great theme and now more features! WOW, take my money please.

#47 7 years ago

What intrigues me about this the most is to see how those companies might evolve from this point. How far will the pinball business go from here, and can they grow bigger--do they even want to?

Let me know if either of them start offering stock

#48 7 years ago

I look forward to playing it at MGC

#49 7 years ago

Yeah... still not interested.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Yeah... still not interested.

Thanks for updating us. We were all still wondering about that.

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-word-from-charlie-regarding-jetsons-the-pinball-company-spooky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.