(Topic ID: 269275)

A weird request for Gottlieb stencilled serial numbers

By DropTarget

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gottlieb Cabinet ID Stamps Master.pdf (PDF preview)
    Gottlieb ID Stamp no age.pdf (PDF preview)
    IMG_7687 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Dimension head looking down.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steveintexas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

And if you really want to get fancy rubberstamps.com you can get a 1 in by 3 inch stamp for $16. with the rubber stamp you can play lots of aging tricks etc
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ken,

My admittedly 'anal' observation.

Stamp is $27 plus shipping and you can use it once plus it is not the the same font from as the original Gottlieb cabinet numbers? A decal is no more than a dollar. for the first game and zero for the next 4 or 5.

I made the PDF's exactly (per my eyes) from scans from 4 Gottlieb games (Slick Chick, Kings & Queens, Astro and C37). Possibly if you want the to use a stamp use my numbers and get it exact. Boilerman also said that from his experience the numbers were not always aligned.

Great ideas for reproducing the numbers guys I just like the way Dave (Boilerman) advised me to make as the cost is pennies and no software needed.

Seeing that Wayne and Ken wanted non aged letters I made a second pdf this morning and will add to my thread as well.
    Here are the revised exact letters.
    Gottlieb Cabinet ID Stamps Master.pdfGottlieb Cabinet ID Stamps Master.pdfGottlieb ID Stamp no age.pdfGottlieb ID Stamp no age.pdf

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

there is a $16 stamp, yes use once. Pimp charges me $20 for his stencil.
    So you print on waterslide decal. just doesnt seem right

LOL,

Ken, We repaint Cabinets but demur on adding a perfect lettered cabinet decal in place of a stamp?

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from leckmeck:

Thanks for the PDF, Steve. That eliminates one step from my technique.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-serial-number-stamp

Leckmeck,
    I believe it was the attached topic you made that started me thinking how I could make the serial # with what tools I had at my disposal. The stamp you made was clever.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steveintexas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-weird-request-for-gottlieb-stencilled-serial-numbers?tu=steveintexas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.