Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 344 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Methos
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

x816680010457_Glamour.png.pagespeed.ic.0Tpoxxmjzd (resized).png
    EB609C9F-4168-4E65-8342-A85BC3F8D2ED (resized).png
    index (resized).jpg
    7AE14CFE-4841-4471-AA3D-3F49CEAD972E (resized).jpeg
    623543BF-EBC9-4ED0-90C1-29D0042E9994 (resized).jpeg
    36E656FC-38E3-4133-9295-C6255AD2772B (resized).jpeg
    5BEED3F3-5B6F-463B-BF92-E9FDDF016FF2 (resized).jpeg
    3CD5166E-9E78-43A4-B892-D860255547E3 (resized).jpeg
    050A5A9F-2391-43BF-886B-32287C16337D (resized).jpeg
    20180601_082153 (resized).jpg
    ED206FF2-3695-4B3B-A3B8-7A8674EC3473 (resized).jpeg
    829462600104-1 (resized).jpg
    9CD23A09-8DF0-4724-980B-437D16B59209 (resized).jpeg
    E3AE76F5-81F4-442F-A8D6-15AB32C9847E (resized).jpeg
    EE448B30-C6BF-4ED1-855D-D136B1957574 (resized).jpeg
    D3CE91A1-1977-4675-9AA3-9454C0CFD1B0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#80 5 years ago

You just have to find what works for you. I eat meat, but I also eat veggies (especially the green stuff), fruits, and nuts. That works for me. I've lost a ton of weight and I feel great. Easy on the carbs and dairy, not much sugar. I do sometimes eat junk, but I'm so much more aware of how shitty that sort of stuff makes me feel afterward. And yeah, move your body. I've got 10 pounds of holiday weight I'm trying to get rid of. It's tough when you aren't so fat anymore. I may need another hurricane to come through so I can spend a month clearing debris. That got rid of it the last time.

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

I still eat eggs

I'll always eat eggs. When I was sticking to 1500 calories a day, eggs were a lot of bang for the buck. MY HDL cholesterol levels went up significantly as well.

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

I say let's just all decide to eat what we all want and get back to pinball - I'm just saying

Let's just be frank. There are a lot of unhealthy people in pinball. If one person decides to eat better because of this thread, it was worth it. You are going to do what you are going to do. Some of us are going to turn back from the cliff, and some of us are going to run off it. I was close to, and probably at some times was, morbidly obese. You feel like death, like someone who isn't going to live a long life. I am not there anymore and will never be there again. I did it just eating better and walking more. Anyone can. Pick a day one and make sure there is a day 30. If you can do that, you got it.

#138 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Oh No! You're eating Dino Embryos!

I draw the line at balut. That just looks disgusting!

#151 5 years ago

I'd be interested in trying Beyond Meat, but I'm not paying $3 for a 1/4 lb. patty. Ouch!

#166 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I get what your saying but what better way to spend our money than on our health? .....$10,000.00 on a pinball machine?

I don't do $10K for a pin either. We eat burger roughly once a week. I just don't think that's a frequency that's going to seriously impact my health. Now if we ate it every day? Yeah, but I might say the same about a fake burger loaded with coconut and canola oil. If I ate that every day, it would definitely negatively impact my wallet.

If I'm spending $10+ per pound, it's probably gonna be on some big ass tiger prawns. We don't do that often.

1 week later
    #217 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I think Halo Top is made with Stevia? However, it tastes like band-aids and sand, so I can’t recommend it.

Halo Top is friggin expensive and actually contains a lot of air. I like the low-calorie Publix brand ice creams. They still come in a full-size tub and have the taste and texture of regular ice cream.

#258 5 years ago

Beans, corn, and potatoes are pretty calorie dense. It's easy to be a fat vegan.

#283 5 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I’m 48 hours into this meat-free diet and I can already feel a difference. Is it normal to get a little more blood flow, if you know what I mean?

If you could stand to lose some weight, there are other benefits. I don't want to get this thread locked, so it's on the last page of that Trudeau thread from a few months ago.

#285 5 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Ha, I don't even have to look, I remember that post! I do need to lose about 15 pounds, 30 to make my doctor happy. Day 4 of meatless week, still going strong. But not vegan -- I'm eating cheese too, but in moderation.

I'm still trying to figure out how a post about losing weight being inversely proportional to penis size locks a pedophilia thread, but whatever. I'm not vegan, but I eat a lot more vegetables. I eat some dairy (milk in my coffee, fetta in my salads, American cheese in the occasional breakfast sandwich). Ultimately, don't eat more calories than you burn in a day, and try to know how many calories you are burning. If you are trying to lose weight, that last 10% is a bitch

#287 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Calorie counting apps are a huge eye opener. We all eat too much, and it's really hard to cut back at first.
    I did really well with calorie counting & exercise a few years back...went from 216 to 179 - and even then, I still had fat on my midsection. I'm back around 200, but strangely most of the new clothes I bought from when I lost weight still fit pretty decently. I need to get back on the weight loss fitness wagon...but it's always something - I'll start, then get sick...something. Bah.

Maybe due to your BF% going down? That would be my guess.

4 weeks later
    #306 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Fun fact: the whole salad dressing market is biased off the fact that people don’t like the taste of veggies.

IMO the only foods that don't need some sort of seasoning are fruits.

#309 5 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Maybe if most salads weren't mostly iceberg lettuce and had other things in them with some flavor people wouldn't need as much or any salad dressing.

I use spring mix greens. Not a fan of iceberg lettuce. Feta cheese, sliced almonds, and berries help a lot with flavor and texture without adding too many calories.

2 weeks later
    #320 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

WOW! 63 days since I've last been on this thread. I'm now dairy milk free. It's Almond milk all the way. And an evening salad with a fruit to go with. Dropped another 10 pounds. Total weight loss has been from 205lbs down to 160lbs in the last year. I'm 5'8" and still want to lose 5 more pounds down to 155. Been close to hitting at 157 but been drinking too much beer.

Congrats! That last 10% of weight is a bitch to lose. I really have to increase my activity level to do it.

#332 5 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

And if the ice cream man hits your block...call 911 immediately!

There are actually some decent low-calorie ice creams now. I really like the Publix house brand low-calorie stuff. If you like peanut butter, but don't want the calories. PB2 is a low-calorie peanut powder you can add to things for flavor. I like to add it to vanilla ice cream or Greek yogurt for a nice dessert.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-vegan-thread-for-bobukcat?tu=mcluvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.