Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 344 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Methos
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

x816680010457_Glamour.png.pagespeed.ic.0Tpoxxmjzd (resized).png
    EB609C9F-4168-4E65-8342-A85BC3F8D2ED (resized).png
    index (resized).jpg
    7AE14CFE-4841-4471-AA3D-3F49CEAD972E (resized).jpeg
    623543BF-EBC9-4ED0-90C1-29D0042E9994 (resized).jpeg
    36E656FC-38E3-4133-9295-C6255AD2772B (resized).jpeg
    5BEED3F3-5B6F-463B-BF92-E9FDDF016FF2 (resized).jpeg
    3CD5166E-9E78-43A4-B892-D860255547E3 (resized).jpeg
    050A5A9F-2391-43BF-886B-32287C16337D (resized).jpeg
    20180601_082153 (resized).jpg
    ED206FF2-3695-4B3B-A3B8-7A8674EC3473 (resized).jpeg
    829462600104-1 (resized).jpg
    9CD23A09-8DF0-4724-980B-437D16B59209 (resized).jpeg
    E3AE76F5-81F4-442F-A8D6-15AB32C9847E (resized).jpeg
    EE448B30-C6BF-4ED1-855D-D136B1957574 (resized).jpeg
    D3CE91A1-1977-4675-9AA3-9454C0CFD1B0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

we started losing intelligence as a species.

Some would argue that time has come and gone, and that we're on a downward slope for a long time now.

I'd be perfectly fine being vegetarian for the most part, but vegan is.... meh. I like seafood too much to really do either.

Quoted from pinbum:

We should all just eat cockroaches, get a meal at the same time exterminate those bastards.

Why not...other places do. Any of you guys had crickets? I have. Roasted ones with ranch powder on them, wasn't too bad! Insects in general are WAY more sustainable than beef or chicken, and the first-world countries are the odd ones out when it comes to using insects as food. WE'RE the anomaly, not the other way around.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

No. Don’t start slow with explanations; don’t ram it down friends throats. NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR DIET. Don’t try to convert anyone. Don’t judge anyone for eating meat. Don’t look sickened when others choose different life choices.

That's a bit hypocritical when you just posted that you can't agree more that a diet including animal proteins is best. If you'd followed your own advice....then why post on this thread backing up a differing point of view? Subtle, or not, doing so is exerting a form of influence. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Give me some grilled eggplant, squash, spinach and zucchini, that’s the good stuff.

We've got a local burger joint here in Dallas that you can ask for a grilled portobello cap instead of a beef patty, and they actually charge you less for it, AND it's actually cooked properly and doesn't taste like cardboard. I mean..I guess it's a moot point when my burger's gonna have a fried egg on it anyways, but it's REALLY good. When I worked at Cousin's Subs waaay back, we totally did the 'salad sandwich' thing. Literally. The veg sub was all the stuff that would normally go on a salad, and customer got choice of salad dressings for it.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

The first thing he did was open my refrigerator to see what was in there, and it wasn't because he was hungry.

That person wouldn't be my 'friend' anymore.

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

what do you guys/gals use as a substitute for cheese, or do you just for go it all together?

Daiya. It's a bit odd at first, taste wise, takes some getting used to, but it's way better than the cashew or other nut based crap that vegan cafes have been foisting on people for years. The melt and texture on it is REALLY good, IMO, and honestly, it even acts like legit cheese in that if you overcook it it turns into crunchy goodness, so you still get like crisp edges on lasgna/casserole etc.

Also, you can do a concoction of cauliflower and vinegar to do a mock ricotta that is pretty good. I'll get the info from my wife and post it if anyone's interested. My kid's allergic to egg, milk, soy, peanut... so we've had some creative food things..I could eat the veg lasgna with the fake cheese and ricotta pretty much every day if someone would be arsed to make it.

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Daiya has a new recipe that’s starting to hit markets and restaurants. It’s a little less “gummy” and “white” than the original version....definitely more close to real cheese now. Not sure if you have Blaze Pizza (a fast pizza chain), but they have it. Also Fresh Brothers in CA.
    I highly recommend you try Miyoko’s - it will change your mind about nut-based cheese. It’s cultured and aged. Really amazing stuff.

Um, frankly, I just took you off ignore when I saw your thumb up on the comment, to see what you'd said on this thread. Maybe we can get along this time? ¬_¬;

I don't think we have Blaze Pizza, but Mellow Mushroom makes pies with Daiya, I think. We use mostly the cheddar block and shreds, very rarely ever the mozz unless it's for lasagna. Finding it consistently near us has been...irritating, honestly. One week stores will have it, the next they won't. They'll randomly drop parts of the product line they'd had for months and then they'll be back a month later, and just outright not carry entire sections (yogurt, looking at you buddy.). I don't think I've ever seen Miyoko's available in any of our stores..likely my best bet is going to be Central Market.

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

We weren’t getting along? I haven’t been here in 4 or 5 months, so I don’t even know lol.

Yeah, I've forgotten why you'd pissed me off, so was probably past due anyways. =Þ

I'll never be vegan, but by nature of my kid and just inherently liking veg more than most people, threads like this interest me.

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

This thread is a perfect example of a topic that shouldn't be discussed on pinside as it separates and divides us *exactly* like a discussion of religion or politics does. People take their views on food sometimes too far and it can take on a type of fanaticism. We should instead celebrate our shared love of pinball and not things that separate us as there are already so few people in this hobby compared to other hobbies. I'm all for open and free discussion but sheesh - I say let's just all decide to eat what we all want and get back to pinball - I'm just saying

Yes, "shut up and be more like me" is the answer to everything.

*thumbsdown*

#131 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I, on the other hand, I can’t live with rice milk.

Wow, really? I've tried soy and almond milks...I can't stand either of those, the texture is...ew. It's like okra slime milk to me. Rice milk was the acceptable substitiute for me, but even I've gotta say that the last 10% of the carton, every carton, is utter S--T that's filled with grainy leftovers from the process...and the unsweetened versions taste like liquid cardboard. Nobody in my family had any complaints about it otherwise, which is VERY odd for us to all agree on any food. It's the lesser of two 'evils'...rice milk is too runny/watery, and the other ones are just too grossly thick unless you're used to whole milk, which I never bought frequently.

#139 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I draw the line at balut. That just looks disgusting!

oh HELL no. I'll eat a handful of crickets no problem but a half formed chicken...I DON'T GET IT.

#199 5 years ago

+1 on the jackfruit train. It was some frozen dinner thing from Trader Joes...I want to say some kind of curry that had jackfruit instead of meat. It was really good, and the texture was just "what the hell this is a fruit!?"

1 week later
    #238 5 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

IMO when you make food that looks like other food then you dont really like your food.

What about people that have no bloody choice due to food allergies? I guess they just "don't like it" and shouldn't be able to experience even a crap facsimile of what everyone else gets access to, much less anything actually GOOD. Guess I'll go let my kid know that from now on, because PW79 says so, he can only eat meat and oatmeal, and that he better STFU with that crying shit when everyone else is eating all the things he can't.

OH LOOK I CAN DO RIDICULOUS TROLL HYPERBOLE TOO

#242 5 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Frax
    You need to get out more if you're offended
    My wife has food allergies too. This is not an allergy thread however. If you like I can start one?

Whatever. Nice backpedal.

Quoted from iceman44:

How can you be a fat Vegan?

Lots of soybean oil?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-vegan-thread-for-bobukcat?tu=Frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.